Pulled that out on the sandy beach

< Previous | Next >

tagoot

Japanese
The breakthrough came when rescue teams spotted a distress signal near an area where her dog was seen.
"I found an elk carcass, bleached white, long gone. Pulled that out on the sandy beach pointed it toward a big sign that said, 'HELP' with an exclamation point made out of white stones and sticks," Rodgers explained.

This is an excerpt from an CBS NEWS article titled “72-year-old on how her dog helped her survive 9 days in Ariz. wilderness”.
72-year-old Ann Rodgers recounts Arizona wilderness rescue: "I just sat down and bawled" - CBS News

I did not understand the sentence that begins with “Pulled that out”. What do “that” and “it” designate respectively? What does “pull out” mean? What is the subject of this sentence? Whole sentence is Greek to me. Could someone be kind enough to rephrase the whole sentence and explain the grammatical structure?

• Caitlin11235

English-NZ
    I would say that there is a mistake in the writing and that it should say "I pulled that out....". This means that the lady took the elk carcass and pointed the carcass towards the help sign. More simply: she found the carcass. She took the carcass onto the sandy beach and she pointed the carcass towards the sign.
    In one sentence: "I found an elk carcass, bleached white and long gone. I pulled that out onto the sandy beach and pointed the carcass towards a big sign which said "HELP" with an exclamation mark created with white stones and sticks"

< Previous | Next >