Punjabi: colours

linguist786

English, Gujarati & Urdu
Can somebody who speaks Punjabi tell me the colours? I work in my dad's shop sometimes and a lot of Pakistani customers come, but i only speak Urdu/Hindi and Gujarati. Although they speak in Punjabi, i can understand a lot of it, and i just reply back in Urdu.

Anyway, just to help me, i need to know the colours (it's a fabric shop)

So, anyone? I think "frozi" is pink, right? "safayd" is white, and "kaalaa" is black? i think that's all i know.

• panjabigator

Am. English
    I dont know any colors that are different in Punjabi and Hindi/Urdu, but try this dictionary and see for yourself...I dont know the Pakistani dialects that well
    its on ijunoon dot com (I cannot post a URL) and then look for punjabi dictionaries

meramita

ENGLISH and PUNJABI, from USA
    this is a little late...you probably figured it out by now...but pink is frozi and kala is black and white is "chittah", at least im pretty sure =)

linguist786

English, Gujarati & Urdu
    meramita said:
    this is a little late...you probably figured it out by now...but pink is frozi and kala is black and white is "chittah", at least im pretty sure =)
    oh brilliant! thanks for that. i haven't actually figured them all out.

i know "laal" is red (or is that strictly urdu/hindi?)

if you know any more, i'll be happy to hear them.

meramita

ENGLISH and PUNJABI, from USA
    okay so whoops on FROZI...i should have known since i JUST went to india...its a light royal blue kind of color..like a dark turquoise..

and umm green= hari? something close to that word =S

and pink, yeah i think gulabi is right...

< Previous | Next >