Punjabi: Etymology of Soorma and Gabroo?

• marrish

اُردو Urdu
    Of the latter Platts Urdu dictionary shows ultimately Sanskrit garbha-ruupa, followed by Prakrit gabbha-ruuvo. Prakrit was followed by Apabhransh dialects out of which Punjabi evolved.

1) گبرو गबरू gabrū (p. 895) H گبرو गबरू gabrū [for gabhrū = Prk. गब्भ+रूवो=S. गर्भ+रूपः], adj. & s.m. Childish, puerile, juvenile;—stout and comely;—a boy, lad, stripling, a beardless youth; an unformed youth, a clown, a lout;—a bridegroom:—gabrū jawān, s.m.=gabrū.

The Comparative Dictionary of Indo-Aryan Languages confirms this etymology.

4057 garbharūpa m. ʻ a youth ʼ Bālar., pl. ʻ the children ʼ Divyāv., ˚aka -- m. lex. [gárbha -- , rūpá -- ]
    K. gọ̆bur m. ʻ boy ʼ; S. g̠abhirū m. ʻ stripling ʼ, g̠abhūru m. ʻ boy of 5 or 6 years ʼ; L. gabbhrū ʻ in prime of life ʼ, m. ʻ best man at wedding ʼ, (Ju.) g̠abhrū, awāṇ. gàbhrū ʻ husband ʼ; P. gabb(h) m. ʻ young man, young husband ʼ; WPah. pāḍ. gŏbhar pl. ʻ sons ʼ, cur. gabhrū ʻ boy ʼ; N. gabru ʻ youth between 10 and 16 years ʼ; A. gābharū ʻ adult, adult girl ʼ, gabhurā ʻ boy ʼ; B. gāb(h)ur ʻ youth ʼ; Bi. gabhrū ʻ bridegroom ʼ; Bhoj. gabharū ʻ young ʼ; H. gab(h) ʻ childish ʼ, m. ʻ stripling, bridegroom ʼ.

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    --- and suurmaa سُورما comes from Sanskrit शूरमान्- shuuramaan-. shuuramaan- consists of shuura which means 'brave', 'hero'. In Punjabi it's there in suur-viir (suur-biir) as well.

asjar

Urdu, Punjabi
    Thanks @marrish. I was under the impression that these words would have foreign etymologies, but to my surprise they're Indo-Aryan related.

marrish

اُردو Urdu
    Thanks @asjar for the feedback. I think gabruu (which is in reality with a high tone on the first syllable because of the 'H' reduction) could be associated with gabr by mere similarity but I have no clue to what is suurmaa similar.