Punjabi: Karma Wale Dade

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    "daadaa" is paternal grandfather. The word declines to "daade". The song background is that a grandfather's grandson is getting married and hence a very happy occasion for him. Not only that he has lived long enough to see his grandson tying the knot but also, I would think, that his blood line is moving on. "karam", here means "fortune/good luck". "vaalaa" is a suffix (vaalii feminine) to imply "One who has/is associated with".

I had difficulty in following one or two words. From the song one can give UK English idiomatic translation something akin to...

Damned lucky grandfather
    (is proud of his grandson's happy occasion). Literal translation "Lucky/Fortunate grandfather".

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    Is it in plural here?
    Also, is "karmaa" oblique (singular?) of "karam"?
    1) No, it (daade) is being used as a singular.

2) Firstly, it is not "karmaa" but "karam". Secondly, it is "karmaaN" (plural).

JustAnotherDade

English- UK
    "daadaa" is paternal grandfather. The word declines to "daade". The song background is that a grandfather's grandson is getting married and hence a very happy occasion for him. Not only that he has lived long enough to see his grandson tying the knot but also, I would think, that his blood line is moving on. "karam", here means "fortune/good luck". "vaalaa" is a suffix (vaalii feminine) to imply "One who has/is associated with".

I had difficulty in following one or two words. From the song one can give UK English idiomatic translation something akin to...

Damned lucky grandfather
    (is proud of his grandson's happy occasion). Literal translation "Lucky/Fortunate grandfather".

Thank you very much for your translation; it's been very helpful. Why are the words in the song title "Karma Wale Dade" spelt differently to how you have spelt/pronounced them? Also, are Karma and Karam different in their meanings?