Punjabi pronouns and appropriate endings.

MatthewKosloski

English
I know Hindi (I am caucasian), I am starting to learn Punjabi but cannoot find sources for english to punjabi, only the punjabi script to english. Could someone help with Punjabi Pronouns and appropriate endings.

main student _____
Tu student ____
Tusi/Tusa student ____

we students _______

Tenu/tuanu punjabi pasand _____

mera brother _____
Tera brother _____
Thuada Brothers ______

His/her ?
his/hers ?

They ?
Them ?

I will think of more :)

Dhanyavaad

Matthew

• Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    Hi MatthewKosloski, please take a look at the below link. You don't need to worry about the script (in this case Gurmukhi) if you don't wish to. Go to the top of the page and click on the Grammar section, in the middle. There you will find all the pronouns.

http://www.learnpunjabi.org/Pronoun.html

MatthewKosloski

English
    This is a good website, thank you. However, much like the other websites I have looked at, it does not give the appropriate ending for is/am/are. Could someone elaborate? What are the word for is/am/are?

Dib

Bengali (India)
    This is a good website, thank you. However, much like the other websites I have looked at, it does not give the appropriate ending for is/am/are.

Actually, they do. Please, open the page on verbs, and read from this line on: "Various forms of present tense auxiliary verb ਹੈ hai are ..." onwards. But to summarize, the main forms are:
    maiN/asIN haaN
    tuuN haiN
    tusIN ho
    uh hai (sing.)
    uh ne (plur.); also: uh han (in high register, I believe)

But Punjabi also has colloquial and emphatic variants of these forms. Real Punjabi speakers or anyone who knows better, please, feel free to correct me.

Last edited: