Punjabi, Urdu: اصلی اور بڑا کالم

Gop

Tamil
Friends,
I have difficulty deciphering correctly the words in the last sentence that follow the words اب مشرق کا اصلی تے ۔۔۔۔۔ کالم یہ تھا اور یہیں سے مشرق نے پٹخ کھائی اور ڈوبتا چلا گیا۔ in the passage figuring in the attached screenshot (from Intezar Husain, ChiraaGhoN kaa dhuaaN, p.197).
Thanks for help.

Attachments

• 06039F3F-EF04-4326-92EC-090450D92BF8.jpeg
    06039F3F-EF04-4326-92EC-090450D92BF8.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    اصلی اور بڑا کالم

تے وَڈّا

یہ دو الفاظ پنجابی کے ہیں۔

Gop

Tamil
    اصلی اور بڑا کالم

تے وَڈّا

یہ دو الفاظ پنجابی کے ہیں۔
    Qureshpor SaaHib, thanks. What appeared to me to be an insurmountable difficulty has been disposed of neatly by you. How could I imagine the author, originally from UP, would use Panjabi? Glad I asked!

Qureshpor

Panjabi, Urdu پنجابی، اردو
    ^ He lived in the capital of Punjab (Lahore) for many years and no doubt he would have picked up the language, bearing in mind that his academic circle probably included a good many Punjabis. (Type in Youtube: Intizar Husain-Charaghon ka Dhuan say iqtibaas)

Last edited:

Gop

Tamil
    ^ He lived in the capital of Punjab (Lahore) for many years and no doubt he would have picked up the language, bearing in mind that his academic circle probably included a good many Punjabis. (Type in Youtube: Intizar Husain-Charaghon ka Dhuan say iqtibaas)

I heard the youtube presentation by Zia Mohyeddin of chapter 2 of ChiraaGhon kaa dhuaaN. Intezar Husain SaaHib’s writing comes alive, with so much of his subtle humour. I can’t thank you enough.

Last edited: