push Avery away

< Previous | Next >

denissecar

Español, Puerto Rico
Hola. Según encontré en el Internet Avery significa: una mujer extremadamente caliente, sexy, hermosa y maravillosa en todo lo que hace. Una chica increíblemente hermosa impresionante más allá de toda medida.

En la historia le están diciendo a una chica llamada Jessie, Avery. No sé a que se refieren con to push Avery away. Lo que tampoco entiendo es por qué el que narra la historia sigue diciendo Avery en vez de Jessie. Es muy común referirse a una mujer guapa Avery? Estoy algo enredada. Díganme si traduje algo mál.

Ojalá me hayan entendido. gracias!

Contexto:

El que narra era el novio de Jessie; Isaac era el cuñado de Jessie y él llegó a la casa.

Even Isaac was glad to be home. Avery. “Hey, pretty lady!” He leaned in and kissed Jessie on the cheek. Isaac was nothing if not affectionate, that was why he hated like the devil to push Avery away. What he really wanted to do was grab onto her and never let he go. But, he couldn’t. Avery was a good girl. She was a lady. And Isaac had lost his right to be with a nice girl a long time ago.

Incluso Isaac estaba feliz de estar en casa. Avery. !Oiga, señora bonita!” Él se inclinó y besó a Jessie en la mejilla. Isaac no era cariñoso, por eso él odiaba como nada apartar a Avery. Lo que realmente quería hacer era agarrarse a ella y nunca dejarla ir. Pero no pudo. Avery era una buena chica. Ella era una dama. E Isaac había perdido su derecho a estar con una chica hacía mucho tiempo.

Last edited:
  • Chez

English English
    Are you sure Avery isn't another female character? I've never heard of it having any particular meaning - it's just a name as far as I'm concerned. Is it possible that Isaac is thinking about Avery/seeing Avery again, while he's saying hello to Jessie?

Biffo

English - England
    A. Según encontré en el Internet Avery significa: una mujer extremadamente caliente, sexy, hermosa y maravillosa en todo lo que hace. Una chica increíblemente hermosa impresionante más allá de toda medida. :confused:

B. En la historia le están diciendo a una chica llamada Jessie, Avery. No sé a que se refieren con to push Avery away. Lo que tampoco entiendo es por qué el que narra la historia sigue diciendo Avery en vez de Jessie. Es muy común referirse a una mujer guapa Avery? Estoy algo enredada. Díganme si traduje algo mál.
    A. Where have you heard this? Avery is just a name. It doesn't mean anything.

B. I presume her name is Jessica Avery. Sometimes he uses her first name and sometimes her surname. Why we do not know.

"To push someone away" == to reject them - to avoid physical contact with them.

simonitov

English - British
    "Apartar a Avery" quiere decir "push Avery away", es correcto.
    Nunca he oido habler de Avery o de un avery. Ni encuentro ninguna referencia en el internet. Iba pensando que tal vez venga(¿?) de la mitología pero tampoco encuentro nada.

simonitov

English - British
    Just because the word is on that website doesn´t mean it exists you know :) What are the website´s sources? No-one here can find a reference to it on the internet. I have checked the Shorter Oxford English dictionary too (that has everything!!) and it doesn´t appear in there either.

SydLexia

UK English
    I think you'll find people defining and voting for their own names on urbandictionary...

(and the exposix.com page looks suspiciously like a (machine) translation of parts of the urbandictionary page.)

c.f. the urbandictionary's definition for 'charles' (for example):

Charles
    The sexiest thing one the freaking Earth. The fucking hottest person in the world.

Damn, i really wanna fuck that Charles.

I hope that Charles notices me tonight.

Damn that Charles is fucking fine!

syd

< Previous | Next >