push back / push away / repel

Tanis20

Polish
He grabbed her arm:

She pushed away him to wall.
She pushed back him to wall
She repelled him to wall.

Do these sentences have the same meaning?

• owlman5

English-US
    Hello, Tanis. All of those sentences seem a little off to me. The word order is strange in the first and second sentences. To wall is strange. You need an article before the noun wall.

Perhaps you intended to write something like this: She pushed him into a wall. Or: She pushed him into the wall.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    The first two each have, at least, two serious errors; the third has one but, in order to be appropriate, the verb would need context.

Tanis20

Polish
    My bad. into the wall. 😅

I saw that sentence : Ukrainian military repelled Russian attacks near New York"

So I was thinking of pushing back and pushing back, pushing back has the same meaning.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    I saw that sentence : Ukrainian military repelled Russian attacks near New York"
    (A remarkable piece of news that I must have missed...)

She pushed him away and into the wall. -> away gives no information about where he came from "into the wall" implies that he was still moving when he hit the wall.

She pushed him back to the wall -> back gives the information that he came from the direction of the wall

She repelled him as far as the wall. -> This is unlikely to be idiomatic. In this sense, "to repel" = to drive away, but it has the idea of a constant force being applied to the object that is being repelled, and is usually only used to refer (i) to an invader or an attack and usually involves many people or things, or a large amount of something being repelled.

dojibear

English (US - northeast)
    These sentences are wrong. They try to express 2 different meanings:

(1)
    she pushed him away (from her)
    she pushed him back (away from her)
    she repelled him (moved him away from her)

(2)
    she pushed him to the wall
    she pushed him against the wall

You can move something away from something or towards something. They are not the same thing.