< Previous | Next >


Senior Member
India-Local dialect
Another question which has some similarities with previous question.

In brawl that takes place between two individuals, one pushes the other by shoulder or hand or head. What do you call such a push?
  • owlman5

    Senior Member
    The push by hand is often called a shove.
    If you charge at somebody and hit him with your head, that's usually called a butt.
    I can't think of any particular word for a violent action performed with the shoulder. "Nudge" is way too gentle, and "jostle" sounds accidental.
    Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >