push through protection

kader ay

turkish / turkey
Hi every one,

"ESS plate for push through protection"
Can you please explain what is the meaning of "push through protection"?
This is one of the features of hiking boots.
I saw this sentence on the website of a renowned sportswear brand.

thank you :)

• PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    The "push through" is a phrase that describes the force that is transmitted from your leg and foot to the surface when you are running. The "push through" is the action that pushes you forwards.

At this point, because you are putting a lot of pressure on your shoe, sharp objects (rocks, etc.) can be painful even if you are wearing shoes. The plate is a layer of hard but flexible material that is placed immediately above the sole of the shoe - this offers protection against these sharp objects.

I have no idea what "ESS" is - I suspect it is some sort of protective material.

kentix

English - U.S.
    It looks like it might be a brand name for the company that makes the material.

Engineered Syntactic Systems

Syntactic describes the cushioning technology

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    I have just have a thought - it is possible that "push through protection" means protection against sharp objects pushing (their pressure) through the sole of the shoe, i.e. preventing the wearer from the person's feet feeling such things.)

kentix

English - U.S.
    I assumed that from the beginning because I thought that's what you were saying earlier. It keeps you from feeling the point of every sharp rock you step on. I imagine that keeps your feet "fresher" and less sore at the end of the day.

< Previous | Next >