Put at someone's disposal

lady_blue_

Spanish native
I aim to bring what is at my disposal and put it at the disposal of others.

How would you translate this into german? I am writing a document about photography, so this "what" wouldn't be something physical really, just a whole lot of things... Hope I am explaining myself...

Thanks a million!

• Kurtchen

German - Norddeutschland
    I aim to bring what is at my disposal and put it at the disposal of others.

How would you translate this into german? I am writing a document about photography, so this "what" wouldn't be something physical really, just a whole lot of things.
    ... such as? Could you be any more vague? ;) Seriously, it would really help if you could give us a hint as to what actually is at your disposal. Is it of didactic value? Do you mean for example your experience, skills, or something completely different...

lady_blue_

Spanish native
    Sorry, I'm not used to asking... but it's true. Well, it's just something that someone who does photographer would say about their work, so, it would be just to bring a "something", their culture, what they've seen, what they see... but I just didn't want to name it because I wasn't looking for a translation where it says "i aim to put the culture at my disposal and put it..."

Thanks a lot, Kurtchen!

sokol

Austrian (as opposed to Australian)
    We would need you to try first - your best attempt at translation; and as your native tongue is Spanish you probably could rephrase your question in German-Spanish subforum, it isn't quite clear to me either what it is exactly that you mean.

lady_blue_

Spanish native
    Hi guys, thanks for at least replying, but, as I'm saying I don't speak German, so I can't make any attempts to translating it (well, they would be pointless). This very sentence was written by someone English, so I don't think it would make any sense to put it in a German-Spanish forum.
    It's probably a bit too complicated to translate anyway, because it's a bit abstract...

But thanks again :)

Kurtchen

German - Norddeutschland
    Ich möchte meine Kunst (Arbeit) für Andere erfahrbar machen.
    Ich möchte mein Können für Andere verfügbar (erlebbar?) machen.

Ich möchte das mir Gegebene weitervermitteln.

Really just stab in the dark, I'm not an art person and don't claim to understand you lot ;)

< Previous | Next >