qirwah - ruqya قروة - رقية

linus776

English
here is the photo of the text. i took the picture with my camera.

Attachments

• P8030061.jpg
    P8030061.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 141
  • GoldBug

American English

The 1st four lines of your text are the opening surah of the Koran called "Al-Fatihah".
    You can find the full text on any of the many online translations of the Koran. Here
    are the first few lines of the text:

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
    Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;
    Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
    Master of the Day of Judgment.
    ETC

The remainder of the your text appears to be another surah of the Koran but I can't identify it at the moment. (Particularly because your jpg is slanted so that the reader has to twist his head to read the text).

linus776

English
    here it is..i rotated the picture so you dont have to rotate your head.. i would be grateful if someone could translate the whole text because that text was given to someone I know to put it in the water and drink it four couple of weeks and then to burn it when the paper was dry. we dont know what kind of text is on that paper so i decided to ask someone here to help us translate.

Attachments

• P8030061.jpg
      P8030061.jpg
      27.6 KB · Views: 109

إسكندراني

عربي (مصر)ـ | en (gb)
    here it is..i rotated the picture so you dont have to rotate your head.. i would be grateful if someone could translate the whole text because that text was given to someone I know to put it in the water and drink it four couple of weeks and then to burn it when the paper was dry. we dont know what kind of text is on that paper so i decided to ask someone here to help us translate.
    That's strange advice, but they are Qur'anic verses which might be intended to exorcise or cure. Usually Muslims would recite the Qur'an, not dip paper in water!

linus776

English
    yeah..that is why I was so suspicious and why i need to make sure that words on this paper were writen with good intentions

Lark-lover

Arabic
    Surely, this is commonly used and called in Saudi "qirwah" where a sheikh recites some verse of the holy Quran and and spits over some saffron-diluted water , instead of ink, he uses this "saffron ink" to write down these verses on a piece of paper to be soaked in some water and drunk by a jinn-possessed patient, for instance.

CoolAngel

Arabic
    The text is Quran Verses . So it is most likely written for the intention of cure
    The first 4 Lines:

1. In the Name of Allâh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
    2. All the praises and thanks be to Allâh, the Lord of the ‘Âlamîn (mankind, jinn and all that exists).
    3. The Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
    4. The Only Owner (and the Only Ruling Judge) of the Day of Recompense (i.e. the Day of Resurrection)
    5. You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).
    6. Guide us to the Straight Way.
    7. The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger (i.e. those who knew the Truth, but did not follow it) nor of those who went astray (i.e. those who did not follow the Truth out of ignorance and error). (Sûrat Al-Fâtihah)

The next 8 Lines:
    Then after the distress, He sent down security for you. Slumber overtook a party of you, while another party was thinking about themselves (as how to save their ownselves, ignoring the others and the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم) and thought wrongly of Allâh - the thought of ignorance. They said, "Have we any part in the affair?" Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "Indeed the affair belongs wholly to Allâh." They hide within themselves what they dare not reveal to you, saying: "If we had anything to do with the affair, none of us would have been killed here." Say: "Even if you had remained in your homes, those for whom death was decreed would certainly have gone forth to the place of their death," but that Allâh might test what is in your breasts; and to purify that which was in your hearts (sins), and Allâh is All-Knower of what is in (your) breasts. (Sûrat Al Imran – 154)

The Last 8 Lines"
    Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وسلم) is the Messenger of Allâh. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking Bounty from Allâh and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e. of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of prostration (during prayers). This is their description in the Taurât (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, and becomes thick and it stands straight on its stem, delighting the sowers, that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allâh has promised those among them who believe (i.e. all those who follow Islâmic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward (i.e. Paradise). (Sûrat Al-Fath – 29)

Quran Translations Source:qurancomplex.org
    Some Muslims Do write some Quran verses on papers using Saffron, then soak it and drink its water