que envuelvan al Sitio Web

< Previous | Next >

ordinarydaniel

Chinese
Hello everyone,
Queda en todo caso prohibido establecer frames o marcos de cualquier tipo que envuelvan al Sitio Web o permitan la visualización de su contenido a través de direcciones de Internet distintas o en el caso de que se visualicen conjuntamente con contenidos ajenos al Sitio Web.”
This is a passage from the terms of a site. I think the underlined part means "Under all circumstances, it is forbidden to insert frames of any type that may envelop the Website..." Am I right? And does "frames" mean images in this context?

• For me, it looks like a bad translation of the word "involve" and it should be "... que involucren al sition web". I have never heard a website being enveloped before, neither in English nor in Spanish

Frames is the English version of marcos, so I'm very confident that there wasn't a big effort in translating the phrases above. Maybe they left the word frames because it is mostly used in English even when speaking in Spanish.

lmgutie

Mexican Spanish
    I suggest you translate as follows:
    "...to setup any type of frames to display this web site..."
    The concern on using frames in this case, is that a second web site makes a first web site contents, appear as it was owned by the second.

Luis

ordinarydaniel

Chinese
    I suggest you translate as follows:
    "...to setup any type of frames to display this web site..."
    The concern on using frames in this case, is that a second web site makes a first web site contents, appear as it was owned by the second.

Luis
    So the entire passage should be understood as below?
    "Under all circumstances, it is forbidden to set up any type of frames to display this Website or permit the display of its Contents via any Internet addresses other than those of the Website itself and, in any case, when its Contents are displayed in conjunction with contents not belonging to the Website."

lmgutie

Mexican Spanish
    Yes, in my opinion, that's the general idea. I just would make some wording changes:
    "In all cases, it is forbidden to set up any type of frames to display this Website or to allow displaying its contents via other Internet addresses, or in any case, when its contents are displayed in conjunction with contents alien to this website."

Luis

ordinarydaniel

Chinese
    Yes, in my opinion, that's the general idea. I just would make some wording changes:
    "In all cases, it is forbidden to set up any type of frames to display this Website or to allow displaying its contents via other Internet addresses, or in any case, when its contents are displayed in conjunction with contents alien to this website."

Luis
    Thanks for your great suggestion. I still have one question: How should I understand the word "frame" in this context? And what do you mean by "contents alien to this website"? Is it the same as "not belonging to this website"?

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >