que no da un especial asi la escuernes

< Previous | Next >

SadieBob

English UK
Hola chicos,

Espero que me puedan ayudar. El trozo viene de un libro de cuentas y esta parte trata de una mujer que toca a las tragaperras, esta enojada porque no gana nada, pero no entiendo exactamente lo que esta diciendo:

- Esta maquina la tienes trucada, Galan, que no da un especial asi la escuernes.

(no tengo acentos en mi teclado pero el texto con acentos lo tengo aqui)

Galan, you've rigged this machine........

Gracias por vuestra ayuda.

• Alisterio

UK English
    Hm, I can't quite get to the bottom of this one. I'm guessing "un especial" in the context of a slot machine is a jackpot (or whatever it's called when you get three of the same symbol), and I think that "así" in the middle could be replaced with "aunque". The bit I can't get is that final verb: it looks like one of those radical changing verbs that has a different vowel in the middle instead of the -ue combination, and I suppose it would have an -ar ending if this is the subjunctive form, but I tried to find some possible infinitive forms in the DRAE based on a bit of guesswork and no joy, unfortunately...

Gabino

Spanish-Colombia
    Hi SadieBob, What words are difficult to you? I would say something like the jackpot machine is tricky/fixed, Galan refers to a good-looking man, it doesn`t give a special prize even if you shake it.

SadieBob

English UK
    Thanks for your help guys, it makes a lot more sense now. I'd say something like...

Galan, this machine is fixed. It doesn't pay out even if you shake it.

(Galan is the name of the barman)

Gracias!

< Previous | Next >