que [qué] genial

socialdemocrata

Spanish - Perú
Hola amigos, quisiera que me ayuden a traducir correctamente esto al inglés, de paso aprendo:

"Aquí, uno se encuentra con personas del otro lado del mundo, que genial, quisiera aprender de tu cultura."

• socialdemocrata

Spanish - Perú
    What part of the sentence is giving you problems?

Can you give us some context?
    The context is of a conversation in a Whatsapp group, when i say:

"Aquí, uno se encuentra con personas del otro lado del mundo, que genial, quisiera aprender de tu cultura."

¿Es correcto?:

Here, one meets people from the other side of the world, how great, I would like to learn from your culture.

ayuda?

Here, one meets people from the other side of the world, how great, I would like to learn from your culture.
    Another way of possibly saying that:
    Here one meets/you meet people from the other side of the world. That's great/fantastic, I would like to learn from/about your culture.
    [I prefer "about."]
    EDIT: I also prefer "you meet"—nothing wrong with "one meets," I just don't think a lot of people say that in everyday speech. A little formal, not so much if written.

Last edited:

socialdemocrata

Spanish - Perú
    Another way of possibly saying that:
    Here one meets people from the other side of the world. That's great/fantastic, I would like to learn from/about your culture.
    [I prefer "about."]
    Thanks.

aesir

Russian
    Hello: Are "qué genial" and "genial" interchangeable? I think in Spain people usually just say "genial" instead of "qué genial". Thank you!

< Previous | Next >