Oleg68

Russian
E ancora tu, e ancora io, ancora noi,
Decidi tu di amarmi sempre come vuoi
Non ho più regole per me,
Sei tutto quello che è di me

("Senza noi" by Gigi Finizio)
Gigi Finizio – Senza Noi

Sei tutto quello che è di me = You are all I have?

It seems to me there is a mistake. Quello che ho di me. Right?

Last edited:
  • merse0

Italy - Italian
    Literally:
    SEI (you are) TUTTO (all) QUELLO CHE (what) E' (is) DI ME (of me)

So the meaning is exactly the one written by OHBICE: Nothing remain of me but you.

Tellure

Italian

Gigi Finizio – Senza Noi

Provo in un altro modo:

"You are all is left of me".

In other words, there's nothing left of me, apart from having you, apart from the fact that you are part of my life, that you are a part of me.

Scusate il gioco di parole.

symposium

Italian - Italy
    I guess what the the author of the song had in mind at first was "sei tutto quello che è rimasto di me" (you're all that is left of me) but those lyrics didn't fit with the rhythm so "rimasto" was dropped. "Sei tutto quello che è di me" is not a sentence anybody would come up with in Italian, to me it doesn't make any sense.

Tellure

Italian
    I see, Tellure. But if I translate it into Russian literally it sounds strange. We don't say like this.
    Well, that's a different story entirely. I thought you couldn't get the meaning.

I guess you can actually say "You are all I have". 👍

Odysseus54

Mod huc mod illuc
    Italian - Marche

Gigi Finizio – Senza Noi

Pop songs start with a fuzzy inspiration, and then have to deal with metrics. In this case two 8-syllable verses rhyming in -me.
    I think this would want to be "..sei tutto quello che è rimasto di me"
    He already told us he can't set any rules for himself, now he is telling us that all that's left of him is her. A bad predicament indeed, but I can't believe that you have no way to express that in Russian!

ohbice

Well, I am not so good with English, but I try once again.
    In the previous lines, the song tell us that "decidi tu di amarmi", "you choose to love me", and "non ho più regole", "I loose my references".
    So my conclusion is that they are no more a couple, one of them had taken the control, the other had lost the battle.
    It is just an opinion, as you can see there is more than one interpretation :)

Cross post con Ody. Amo sempre i suoi interventi. Lui dice bene le cose che io penso in modo approssimativo :)

Last edited:

Oleg68

Russian
    For the sake of completeness, several web sites have a different version of that line, i.e. "tutto quello che ho di me" (you are all that I have of myself". I bet you don't say that in Russian. We don't say it in Italian either.
    Tutto quello che ho di me sounds good. It's understandable. We say like this.

It seems to me he sings in the first verse "penso dove sei" not "non so dove sei". Do you agree?