Questa situazione non è più accettabile!

ladybird

English, England
Hi Everybody,

I'm going to post this in English, it's been a long day!

I would like to say "I don't feel that this situation is acceptable any more"

I have had a look at the posts on "sento" and "mi sento" but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

This is my try:

"Non sento che questa situazione sia accetabile non più."

As usual, your corrections are gratefully received :)

• nowall

Italia, Italiano
    Sento che questa situazione non è più accettabile (sostenibile).

In Italian I'd just say something like: Questa situazione non è più accettabile!
    Moreover, you can reinforce the first part adding Credo (instead of Sento/Non sento) questa situazione non sia più accettabile.

ladybird

English, England
    nowall said:
    Sento che questa situazione non è più accettabile (sostenibile).

In Italian I'd just say something like: Questa situazione non è più accettabile!
    Moreover, you can reinforce the first part adding Credo (instead of Sento/Non sento) questa situazione non sia più accettabile.
    Grazie nowall.

Just for clarification, if I use the first sentence with"sento che", it's not necessary for me to use the subjunctive?

I'm still struggling to understand the use of the subjunctive so all explanations are appreciated!

moodywop

Banned
    Italian - Italy
    ladybird said:
    Grazie nowall.

Just for clarification, if I use the first sentence with"sento che", it's not necessary for me to use the subjunctive?

I'm still struggling to understand the use of the subjunctive so all explanations are appreciated!
    I agree with everything nowall wrote. No, the subjunctive is not used after "sentire".

You will find lists of verbs requiring the subjunctive or the indicative on the Accademia della Crusca site: here.

I can't copy the lists here but if you have any problems whatsoever understanding the Crusca article please feel free to PM me.

ladybird

English, England
    moodywop said:
    I agree with everything nowall wrote. No, the subjunctive is not used after "sentire".

You will find lists of verbs requiring the subjunctive or the indicative on the Accademia della Crusca site: here.

I can't copy the lists here but if you have any problems whatsoever understanding the Crusca article please feel free to PM me.
    grazie Carlo.

I have just had a sneaky peak at the site. It's going to be quite a challenge for me to understand it but I'm going to give it a go, practise makes perfect (so I've heard!).
    If I do get stuck I will PM you as you suggested.

ladybird

< Previous | Next >