question informatique

williamtmiller

usa--english
Bonjour tout le monde,

J'essaie de traduire un guide d'utilisateur et j'ai la phrase suivante qui me trouble: "un nom trop long peut casser la mise en page". C'est le mot casser que je cherche. Il doit y avoir un mot précis en anglais pour cela mais je ne suis pas assez informaticien pour le trouver tout seul. Merci pour votre aide.

• rayb

Chile - Spanish
    Gil said:
    Suggestion d'un franco:
    ruin or spoil
    Maybe "break" or "break up" shows better what happens really with "la mise en page" in presence of a long string.

Amityville

English UK
    I was hoping for a flash of light on this one, there SHOULD be a single word for it but I have only a few little suggestions all involving cause to.
    Cause to malfunction
    Cause errors in
    Cause to fail
    Cause to crash

Of these I suppose the second is my best effort though colourless. On the whole I agree with superromu, best to say it that way.

Cath.S.

français de France
    Amityville said:
    I was hoping for a flash of light on this one, there SHOULD be a single word for it but I have only a few little suggestions all involving cause to.
    Cause to malfunction
    Cause errors in
    Cause to fail
    Cause to crash

Of these I suppose the second is my best effort though colourless. On the whole I agree with superromu, best to say it that way.
    Ami, imo casser does not mean to cause to crash here. Gil's spoil or ruin are the idea. Casser is referring to the way the page looks.

< Previous | Next >