Questionnaire: Getting to Know Each Other

asm

Mexico, Spanish
GenJen54 said:
Dear Foreros and Foreras,

1. What is your country of birth? MEXICO
2. What is your current country of residence? USA
3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like.
4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any.
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…)
6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? ITALIAN, MEXICAN
7. What is your favorite word? CONCORDIA, JUSTICIA
8. What is your least favorite word? ?????
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
10. What turns you off? INJUSTICE
11. What are your favorite books? CIEN AñOS DE SOLEDAD, EL PRINCIPITO
12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? GARCIA MARQUEZ, BENEDETTI
13. Who are your favorite painters? LOS IMPRESIONISTAS, VAN GOGH, REMBRANT
14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? EL PRINCIPITO
15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? LOS POBRES DE ESPIRITU
16. Who are your favorite characters in history? FRANKLIN, GANDHI, ML KING
17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? TRAVELLER
18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? MUCHOS
19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? FAIRNESS
20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? POVERTY BY EXPLOTATION
21. What do you value most in your friends? SUPPORT
22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? tO BE ABLE TO SING
23. How would you like to die? WITHOUT NOTICING
24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? WELCOME, THERE IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR YOU
25. What is your motto?

Three Four bonus questions:

26. Why did you join WR?
I FIRST CONSULTED THE DICTIONARY FOR FEW MONTHS, LATER FOUND THE FORUM; I DECIDED TO PARTICIPATE UNTIL I KNEW "AN ANSWER" IN ONE THREAD

27. What have you learned since joining WR?
PEOPLE ARE NICE (AS ALWAYS, THERE ARE EXCEPTIONS); WRITTEN COMMUNICATION IS, SOMETIMES, EASIER THAN VERBAL AND FACE TO FACE COMMUNICATION. IT'S EASIER TO BE TOLERANT AND OPEN IN A FORUM LIKE THIS. NOT ALL FORUMS ARE THE SAME, AND I LEARNED TO LOVE THIS ONE.

28. What is your favorite thing about WR?
WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM (QUESTION) THERE IS SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE TRYING TO HELP YOU. AND YOU ARE TRYING TO HELP SOMEBODY, SOMEWHERE THAT NEEDS SOMETHING YOU CAN PROVIDE.

I ALSO LOVE THE CULTURAL FORUM, HOWEVER, I SOMETIMES I THINK I AM "THE CHILD LEFT BEHIND".

29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D HONESTLY, I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS QUESTION; I SUPPOSE THERE ARE SOME CULTURAL ISSUES IN THE QUESTION I CAN'T GRASP. I CAME TO "MEET" THE NUTELLA FEW YEARS AGO, IT'S NOW IN MY BASIC-SURVIVAL GROCERIES LIST, BUT I WILL NEVER MAKE IT COMPETE VERSUS CHOCOLATE. TO ME IT LOOKS A VERY EUROPEAN THING:) . TO ME THEY ARE LIKE FRANCE AND SOUTH KOREA TODAY: TIED

• elroy

Moderator: EHL, Arabic, Hebrew, German(-Spanish)
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    1. What is your country of birth? Israel
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5 feet 9 inches
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. never intentionally
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) N/A
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Palestinian, Mexican, Indian, Italian, seafood
    7. What is your favorite word? exquisite
    8. What is your least favorite word? tease
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? powerful music, well-chosen words, and poignant manifestations of human emotion
    10. What turns you off? arrogance, stinginess, artificiality, bureaucracy, prejudice, injustice, ignorance
    11. What are your favorite books? the Bible, dictionaries/language books
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Shakespeare, Heine
    13. Who are your favorite painters? My appreciation for art is too low for me to answer this question more than superficially.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Superman
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? my family
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Jesus Christ, the Apostle Paul, Martin Luther, Jan Hus
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? translation/interpretation
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Poland
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? living out God's will for one's life
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? fear of the unknown
    21. What do you value most in your friends? the way we just click
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? athletic ability
    23. How would you like to die? heroically
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord."
    25. What is your motto? "Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

26. Why did you join WR? stumbled upon the forum while using the dictionaries
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? the importance of precision and thoroughness
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? what it is
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Do I have to choose?

cherine

Arabic (Egypt).
    Ok, here's me :) There's a couple of questions left unanswered, but I hope this is ok.

1. What is your country of birth? Egypt
    2. What is your current country of residence? Egypt
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1m60 (I'm not very sure, but that's as accurate as I can remember :D)
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) I prefer confort to elegance, but I try to look as pleasant as possible.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? As long as the food doesn't contain alcohol or porc, is not too spicy or greasy; I'm ready to taste/enjoy it.
    7. What is your favorite word? Ar-riDa الرضى (that's the Arabic word for content or satisfaction) also ar-raHma الرحمة (mercy)
    8. What is your least favorite word? All the rude words, in any language.
    10. What turns you off? Stupidity, ignorance, rudeness
    11. What are your favorite books? Any good novel, History books, dictionaries
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Nazar Qabbany (Syrian poet), SalaH Jahin, Abder-Rahmaan al-Abnoudy, Ahmed Shawqy, Ibrahim Nagy (Egyptian poets). My list of writers would be rather long :D
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Monet, Renoir, Chagall (and some Egyptian artists)
    4. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? All the ducks of Duck Tales, specially Donald, and Tom&Jerry.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? All those who did their best to do something useful for others and not only for themselves.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? 'Umar bin al-Khattab (the second caliph
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Teaching.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live?
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Being content with what we have, enjoying the moment we're living.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Envy, loneliness.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Being their for each others.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess?
    23. How would you like to die? The least painful way possible.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I hope I'll be lucky enough to be among those to whom the angel will say -at the Paradise gates- (as reported in the Qur'an, 39:73) : «Peace be upon you, you have done well. Enter and live in it [paradise] for ever».
    25. What is your motto?
    26. Why did you join WR? I had used the dictionaries several times, but one day I was having a translation job with some difficult expressions, and I came to the forum to seek help (Which of course I got :) ).
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Lots of new and interesting things, especially in the Culture forum. I also learned things about my own native language :D
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The people of course :)
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Chocolate :D

Yuribear

Español, Mex-USA
    1. What is your country of birth? México
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5'4" (165 cm)
    4. Men Only:
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? I camouflage well in all environments.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? VEGETARIAN: South Indian, Thai, Afghan, Mexican, Italian, Greek, Ethiopian, actually anything vegetarian, spicy or with an interesting flavour.
    7. What is your favorite word? Aum
    8. What is your least favorite word? greed, hatred, violence.
    9. What turns you on creatively (Nature), spiritually (meditation) or emotionally (love)?
    10. What turns you off? resignation, cowardice, greed, treachery, evil
    11. What are your favorite books? Any of the books written by Paramahansa Yogananda, Swami Rama, M.K. Gandhi, The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa, Old Path White Clouds by Thich Nhat Hanh and The Wisdom of the Native Americans edited by Kent Nerburn.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Tulsidas, Rabindranath Tagore, Pablo Neruda and the ones that never fail to make me laugh: Dario Fo, Carlo Goldoni, Italo Calvino, Voltaire.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? children painting nature are the very best all over the world!!!:D
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Arjuna, Rama.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? M.K. Gandhi, Swami Vivekananda, Paramahansa Yogananda, Swami Rama, Mother Theresa and all those unknown people in the world who serve humanity, wildlife and the environment.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? MOHANDAS KARAMCHAD GANDHI, Emiliano Zapata, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela, Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? himalayan wandering monk:D, carpenter, figure skating, astronaut and park ranger (can I do all at the same time? :D:D)
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? India... somewhere in the Himalayas or in Homer, Alaska.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? perceiving all the beautiful things that sorround me in this present moment, accepting and learning from this moment experience.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? ignorance of the true self.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? their existence!!
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? to communicate with all living beings.
    23. How would you like to die? in maha-samadhi.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Actually, I would much rather become one with God, like a bubble in the vast ocean of love.
    25. What is your motto? Satyagraha

26. Why did you join WR? I am always translating one thing or the other.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? So many new words or ways of using them properly, thanks to everybody here!!
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? That there are so many knowledgeable and helpful people that answer your questions in an instant!!
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Actually, fresh or dried mango with chilli.

charlyboy81

French, France
    1. What is your country of birth?
    France
    2. What is your current country of residence?
    Netherlands
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like.
    1,80 meter (or so:)
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any.NONE
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)?
    Indonesian, Italian, French and more
    7. What is your favorite word?
    Impertinent (because its sound reflects its meaning)
    8. What is your least favorite word?
    beleaguered
    Girls who can look pretty and be nice at the same time (there are few), good food, music, more precisely drum and bass and scratching, the idea of having a good night of sleep, the idea of travelling around the world.
    10. What turns you off?
    Art with no flavour/flavor (ex? ==> Watch MTV), greedy, hypocrite people
    11. What are your favorite books?
    Too many to name them, but I like Les Fourmis a lot
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers?
    Bernard Werber, Stephen King, Serge Brussolo...
    13. Who are your favorite painters?
    Esher, my Mum :p
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction?
    Batman (first one:)
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life?
    Angelina Jolie, Jean Reno
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history?
    Atilla, Jules Cesar, G.W Bush (lol, jk)
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
    DJ
    Malaysia, Australia, Canada
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness?
    Just enjoy life even if it is simple, connect with people from everywhere
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
    Zero knowledge/general culture
    21. What do you value most in your friends?
    Their sincerity
    being super charismatic
    23. How would you like to die?
    while having a blast (by playing music e.g)
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    "you're very welcome, you may rest as long as you want"
    25. What is your motto?
    Will is the key in life; you may achieve whatever you want if you have a strong will power

26. Why did you join WR?
    because it is instructive and fun
    loads of words and facts about cultures
    the fact that it is super international
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D
    Chocolate!!! Cuz it's the real thing :)

Stefanie1976

German, Germany
    1. What is your country of birth? Germany
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 160 cm
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) boring...jeans and t-shirt
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian
    7. What is your favorite word? Indeed (because it sounds funny to me)
    8. What is your least favorite word? SOFORT!
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? A good discussion about a difficult subject
    10. What turns you off? slow people
    11. What are your favorite books? Aufzeichnungen aus einem Totenhaus (F.M.Dostojewskij)
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Dostojewskij, Borchert
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Titian
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Forrest Gump
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? medecins sans frontiers
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? None
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? sociologist
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? I would like to live in a tropical area for a while
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? coffee and cigarettes
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? betraying yourself
    21. What do you value most in your friends? honesty
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? talent for art
    23. How would you like to die? fast
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? do not fear, we do have a spot for you ;-)
    25. What is your motto? "Out of a hundred humans I might like one, out of a hundred dogs I might dislike one"

26. Why did you join WR? Looking for a Hebrew forum
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? some Hebrew, more about my native tongue.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Friendly, multicultural
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D[/quote] Chocolate, as long as it is not American...

Poetic Device

English, USA
    1. What is your country of birth? United States of America
    2. What is your current country of residence? Same as above
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. Five foot one and a half inches
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Casual Professional, Casual
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian, Cajun, Spanish, Jewish, American (whatever that is)
    7. What is your favorite word? Corazon
    8. What is your least favorite word? Any word that describes a bodily function
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Write poetry, sing
    10. What turns you off?Spitting, cheating and lying
    11. What are your favorite books? Anything Mary Higgins Clark or Shakespeare
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? See above
    13. Who are your favorite painters? DaVinci
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction?Mr. Loman is my fave tragic hero
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Does Jesus count?
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Moses and Lizzie Borden
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Speech Pathology
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Italy
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Everyone agreeing to disagree and leaving it at that
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Drinking alchohol alone
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Honesty--it's the root of everything else
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? The gift to forgive
    23. How would you like to die? Via heart attack while I am sleeping
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Come in, my child. I love you."
    25. What is your motto? Tell the people you love how you feel today. You may not get a tomorrow.

26. Why did you join WR? To expand my knowledge of other cultures.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? I just joined today.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? I can speak my mind without getting hollered at.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Allergic to both. :(

lablady

English - USA
    My goodness, I take a month off to travel and I almost miss a party! I hope I'm not too late.

1. What is your country of birth? USA (Well, almost. At the time Hawaii was a territory; not yet a state).
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5'5"
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Casual at home, professional at work, but once in a while I like to go somewhere I can dress more formally.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Thai, Mexican, Cajun, Italian, Greek and anything my doctor says I should not eat.
    7. What is your favorite word? Wuchereria bancrofti (it's the name of the parasite that causes elephantiasis... but so much fun to say). I also love "onomatopoeia" for the same reason (because it's fun to say... not because it's a parasite... because it's not).
    8. What is your least favorite word? impossible
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? challenge
    10. What turns you off? hypocrisy, and being told something is impossible
    11. What are your favorite books? those that are uplifting
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? see above
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Monet, Renoir
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Strong, independent women with integrity and the men who care about them.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? While I am at work, I see a lady walk by my window every day. She was a senior citizen when I first noticed her, 22 years ago, so she is at least in her eighties now. She is still active in both body and mind and does a lot of good for our community. I want to be just like her when I grow up. :)
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? I'm having too much difficulty narrowing this one down. I admire and appreciate many men and women who contributed to making our world better (now, that's a generic answer, isn't it? :eek: )
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Musician
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? France... or Italy... or Greece... or Spain... or... well, just about everywhere in the world has some appeal to me.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? My hammock, a good book and no responsibilities.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? the anguish of depression
    21. What do you value most in your friends? They make me laugh, and I can depend on them to stand by me if I need them.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? More patience... and I need it now :p .
    23. How would you like to die? peacefully... a long time from now.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Well done my child, welcome.
    25. What is your motto? On to the next crisis!

26. Why did you join WR? A friend and fellow forer@ suggested I might enjoy WR. So I lurked for a very long time, never feeling brave enough to register, until someone finally asked a medical laboratory question that appeared to baffle everyone. I suddenly felt useful.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? That I don't have as good a handle on the English language as I thought. It's proof I still have much to learn. And that sometimes a usage that I was taught is very, very wrong is correct in other English speaking countries.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The people who congregate here. Even the grouchy ones :D .
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Both! And I'm in agreement with the earlier posting about the Ferrero Roche. Mmmm Mmmm!

Carolina Rocío

Perú, Español
    GenJen54 said:
    1. What is your country of birth? Peru
    2. What is your current country of residence? Peru
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,72 m
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Casual, comfy, mostly jeans
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian, Chinese, everything
    7. What is your favorite word? Rafaela & Gabriel (my kids)
    8. What is your least favorite word? Indifference
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Thinking about doing business
    10. What turns you off? PMS
    11. What are your favorite books? El Huerto de mi Amada, Los Pilares de la Tierra, which I have read most recently
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Bryce Echenique, García Márquez, Vargas Llosa
    13. Who are your favorite painters? I like representation of real things
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Mafalda
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? My husband
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Joan D'Arch
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Painter, Designer
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? None, or where my whole family and friends would go too.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? That everyone else in the world is happy
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Indifference
    21. What do you value most in your friends? That they are there
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Singing
    23. How would you like to die? In peace
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome
    25. What is your motto? no hagas al otro lo que no quieres que te hagan a ti

26. Why did you join WR? Because I couldn't find a word in the WR Dictionary
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Body language is often more than 50% of communication
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? It's fun
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Everything

beakman

1. What is your country of birth? Russia

2. What is your current country of residence? Spain

3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.60 m
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Definitely, not tailored.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Fresh vegetables, roast meat and fish
    7. What is your favorite word? dream
    8. What is your least favorite word?jerarquía
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Nature and music
    10. What turns you off? People's actions
    11. What are your favorite books? " The crime and the punishment" by Dostoevski, "Idiot" by Dostoevski, "Hamlet" by Shakespeare, "The old man and the sea" by Hemingway, "The picture of Dorian Gray" by O.Wilde, "La rayela" by Cortazar, "Cien años de soledad" by G. García Márquez, "The doctor Fischer of Geneva or the bombing party" by G. Greene, "The catcher in the rye" by Selinger, "Treasure Islend" and Ballads by Stevenson- among others.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Shakespeare, Lorca, Robert Lewis Stevenson, Alexander Blok and Sergei Esenin, F. Dostoevski.

13. Who are your favorite painters? Francisco de Goya

14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Raskolnikov y Hamlet
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? just could say who are anti-heroes
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Russian zar Peter the 1st

18 In what country other than your own would you like to live?Where it is possible to go in for skiing and there are beautiful landscapes
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? its shortness, consists of small beautiful instants
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? humiliation and wars
    21. What do you value most in your friends? honesty
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? computer-like memory
    23. How would you like to die? very quickly
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Don't be in despair- No te desesperes!
    25. What is your motto? There is always a way-out from any impasse.

26. Why did you join WR? Accidentally, I was just looking a word in a dictionary
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? that I still know very little
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Foreros and foreras
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D both

la-margarita

UK/English
    UK

UK

3. What is your height?
    5’8”-ish

(4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any.)

5. Women Only: How fashionable are you?

A bit hippy/practical/comfortable.

Scrambled eggs/jam on toast (not together!), chocolate dessert.

Sonrisa, pantufla, lots of spanish words.

Any word that describes something horrible or that is prejudiced/violent/cruel to someone.

Warmth, comedy, intelligence, honesty, being understood, beauty e.g. nature or art; respect, resonance, learning spanish, good discussions, movies/books/paintings/music with heart and soul, originality, conventionalism and unconventionalism. Synchronicities, dreams.

10. What turns you off?
    Cruelty, arrogance, lying, people wasting their lives complaining when they’re actually really fortunate, selfishness, back-stabbing, spitting, prejudice; half the world being overweight and the other half starving and ill.

Loads e.g. Jean Plaidy’s ‘Ferdinand and Isabella’ trilogy, Mary Stewart’s ‘Merlin’ trilogy, Philip Pullman’s ‘His Dark Materials’ trilogy … there’s a pattern forming here! and the Harry Potter books, because I’m working through the spanish and english versions. Spanish textbooks too.

As above.

Anything Impressionist or Surrealist.

Don't really have any ... characters that are real, open-minded, good, unusual.

I don’t have heroes/heroines, but greatly admire anyone who stands up to be counted in support of others. Also, anyone who looks after the planet/animals.

Don’t know really, but anyone who explored, either physically discovering new things, or by opening up new knowledge or understanding.

An actress, working in films in some way, or an animator/artist at e.g. Pixar.

Spain.

To give and receive love; to have fun; to enjoy doing a profession well; being useful; good health, money, travel, pets, happy home; to be at peace with yourself; to study and learn; to not be afraid. That people look beyond differences to what they all have in common.

Abandonment, abuse, cruelty, ill health, indifference, to not be free.

Warmth, honesty, fun, intelligence, open-minded, and that they enjoy learning and living.

Photographic memory.

No idea where this thought has come from, but wing-walking and getting splattered by the biggest seagull ever … i.e. something unusual and with comedy value!

24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    There’s plenty more lives still to come!

25. What is your motto?
    Instincts are there for a very good reason.

26. Why did you join WR?

To be able to ask questions and hopefully answer some also, especially as spanish studies progress.

Lots.

The cultural section’s really interesting to read, and there are lots of helpful and knowledgeable people.

29. Chocolate or Nutella?
    Chocolate, every time.

mickaël

1. What is your country of birth? France
    2. What is your current country of residence? France
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 6'' / 182 cm
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. None
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) :(
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Mediterranean food, but I'm not picky.
    7. What is your favorite word? Cahin-caha
    8. What is your least favorite word? Méli-mélo
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Fresh air, passions, people and myself.
    10. What turns you off? Tiredness, melancholy, but not frequently and never totally.
    11. What are your favorite books? Les Misérables, Cinq semaines en ballon, Gone with the wind, Tom Sawyer, le K, Canterville Ghost, history books, scientific books... I don't read enough. Misère!
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Victor Hugo, Voltaire, Agatha Christie, Conan Doyle, Zola, Albert Camus, Baudelaire, Jules Verne, Mark Twain...
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Dalí, Picasso and Manet.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? I don't know. As men always are unquestionably the best in the real life, I say the heroines... like Wonder Woman for example. (a bad joke, bien sûr)
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? All the persons I love. :)
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? The men and women, famous or forgiven by the history, who resisted, helped or made good things for peace, science, culture... And more the rare ones who have no dark side and are more real than legend.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? No idea.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? All probably worth to be tried out.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Humility, humour, dialogue and reflexion.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? No one to tease. No, sure the fact that there are people martyring other people.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Kindness, honesty and humour
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? I don't envy what I can't have. ;)
    23. How would you like to die? Not having made anyone suffer.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I don't know... anyway I'm not sure I'll be able to hear.
    25. What is your motto? None, I prefer to talk rather than give a short sentence". :p

26. Why did you join WR? Chance! I was searching a word...
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Some good words I think. And the confirmation of my level in English.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The presence of so many nice, humble and intelligent persons. I'm so full of admiration.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? I'm not fond of chocolate or Nutella... but if there are, I eat both. ;)

Gévy

Français France
    1. What is your country of birth? Francia
    2. What is your current country of residence? España
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1 m 58
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Pantalones vaqueros, zapatillas de deporte, ¿qué diablos soy? :confused:
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? ¡Todo!
    7. What is your favorite word? Farfelu :p
    8. What is your least favorite word? Rhododendron
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? La risa
    10. What turns you off? Mi propia inutilidad cuando no sé ayudar a los que me necesitaban
    11. What are your favorite books? Brûlebois (Marcel Aymé), Paroles (Jacques Prévert), Ensemble, cest tout (Anna Gavalda), Madame Bâ (Erik Orsenna), El llano en llamas y Pedro Páramo (Juan Rulfo), Los cuentos de Julio Cortazar...
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Los de antes, y Rimbaud, Quevedo, Molière, Almudena Grandes, Carmen Martín Gaíte, Juan Goytisolo, Daniel Pennac...
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Paul Klee, Picasso, Van Gogh, Toulouse-Lautrec
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Los piratas y los gamberros :D
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Mis amigos, todos ellos.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Le Chevalier d'Eon :eek:
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? La medicina
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? En algún país de África, todos me atraen.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? La paz, comida para todos y cultura.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? La estupidez, la maldad, la exclusión y la falta de libertad
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Su enorme corazón
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? La inteligencia y la bondad
    23. How would you like to die? Sabiendo que he vivido, amado y sido amada. ¡Y que me quiten lo bailao...!
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? ¡Nada! Ya hablaré yo...:rolleyes:
    25. What is your motto? ¡Adelante, mi valiente!

26. Why did you join WR? Por casualidad, buscando una palabra descubrí el foro, me gustó y me inscribí. Así de fácil.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Me confirmó que había mucha gente simpática por todo el mundo y que los idiomas son lenguas vivas que evolucionan a su antojo y nos arrastran adonde les da la gana.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Son muchas: la organización y el buen hacer de los moderadores; tener un foro de traducción donde compartir dudas y recibir buenos consejos; la agilidad y velocidad de las respuestas; la libertad de horarios... Pero, por encima de todo: la gente que participa, sin temores, con simpatía y buen humor, y con muchos datos que oferecer.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Chocolate con churros, ¡por supuesto!

Ed the Editor

1. What is your country of birth? -- U.S.A.
    2. What is your current country of residence? -- U.S.A.
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. -- 5 feet, 7 inches
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. -- None (and threre's not as much as I'd like on top, come to think of it)
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) --
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? -- Spaghetti, portabello mushrooms
    7. What is your favorite word? -- Mariposa (the most beautiful word in Spanish). Aguacero and aguileña are pretty good, too.
    8. What is your least favorite word? -- Any word that denigrates a group of people
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? -- Warmth, intelligence, humor, and good books, plays, movies, and music
    10. What turns you off? -- Nastiness
    11. What are your favorite books? -- Shakespeare and the Spanish editions of Harry Potter
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? -- Borges, Unamuno, Whitman, Shakespeare
    13. Who are your favorite painters? -- Goya, Velásquez, Don Martin (okay, I admit it, he was actually a humor artist for Mad Magazine)
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? -- All of the clever women in Shakespeare
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? -- Norman Thomas di Giovanni, who had my dream job, sitting across the table from Borges and asking him questions while translating his works. And Maxwell Perkins, the legendary editor who discovered F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, and Thomas Wolfe.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? -- Gandhi, Lincoln, Mandela, Salk (inventor of the polio vaccine)
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? -- Spanish professor, folk singer, scriptwriter
    18. In what country other than your own would you like to live? -- Spain
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? -- To be locked in "The Tattered Cover" (Denver's best bookstore) overnight
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? -- Not being able to log in to WordReference
    21. What do you value most in your friends? -- Warmth, intelligence, humor, the ability to listen to my puns without wincing
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? -- The ability to arrange music
    23. How would you like to die? -- I'd like to find the universal book, which Borges says contains all knowledge. Just as I finish translating it, I die.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? -- "San Pablo, he aquí el gran hombre de que te hablé".
    25. What is your motto? -- I'll give you a friend's motto: God is too big to fit inside any one religion.
    26. Why did you join WR? -- I found out about it (from a Google search) while I was translating a story. Then, I wanted to contribute to and learn more from it.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? -- Lots of Spanish words and terms, and that I still have lots to learn.....
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? -- How helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable people are
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? -- Fig newtons for me!

barkley04

arabic tunisia
    What is your country of birth? -- tunisia
    2. What is your current country of residence? -- tunisia and ohio
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. -- 185 cm
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. -- None
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) --
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? -- Spaghetti, couscous..
    7. What is your favorite word? -- democracy
    8. What is your least favorite word? -- tyranny
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? -- humor, good books, plays, movies, and music.
    10. What turns you off? -- lying
    11. What are your favorite books? -- da vinci code, of mice and men
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? -- joseph steinbeck, mario puzo
    13. Who are your favorite painters? -- picasso
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? -- james bond
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? marcello lippi
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? -- habib bourguiba, hannibal
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? -- spy
    18. In what country other than your own would you like to live? -- belize,greece
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? -- Tolerance
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? -- intolerance and discrimination
    21. What do you value most in your friends? -- faithfullness
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? -- The ability to speak freely
    23. How would you like to die? -- while sleeping
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? -- i can not imagine
    25. What is your motto? -- 2 is a company 3 is a crowd.
    26. Why did you join WR? -- to speak freely and to know other people and cultures.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? -- Nobody is absolutely right
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? -- we are all together
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? -- cocoa.

Honour

Türkçe, Türkiye
    Istabul/Turkey2. What is your current country of residence?
    Same as above
    1,82 m
    Now, i haven't got any at the moment.
    Anything with olive oil and also desserts
    Don't have one
    Same as above again
    That changes, generally a good start to a day keeps everything smooth going.
    10. What turns you off?
    Traffic.
    Düşünen İnsana Hazine (treasure to thinking man)
    Aziz Nesin, Oscar Wilde.
    Monet, Chagall, Dali
    Wright Brothers
    Fatih Sultan Mehmet (The Last Conquerer of Istanbul)
    Industrial desinger
    Spain or Argentine
    Finding someone whom i would like to chitchat even after many years of living together.
    I am not quite sure about which one i have to choose .
    Sincerity
    A very good memory.
    Poor, i would like to give away all my possessions to my children, relatives and friends before i die.
    "Welcome"
    25. What is your motto?
    Chance favors the bold

26. Why did you join WR?
    I love languages
    Cannot list them all but it is nice to see how people think and talk in other languages.
    Practicing foreign languages.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D[/quote]
    Bitter Chocolate

ukuca

Turkish - Turkey
    Turkey
    Turkey
    1,78m.
    Nope
    N / A
    Pizza, All kinds of Turkish Kebabs
    aquarelle [fr]
    Yeni yine yeniden
    Failures after a hard work
    10. What turns you off?
    Greed, Violence
    Le Petit Prince, Faust, Siddhartha
    Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Charles Baudelaire, Anton Chekhov
    Marc Chagall, Francisco Goya, Caravaggio, Rembrant
    Vendetta, Spiderman
    Christy Brown,
    Che Guevara, Albert Einstein, Charlie Chaplin
    Musician
    France / Paris
    to be able to make a difference in a good way for the earth
    lack of hope
    Reliabilty and humanistic behavior
    Ability to travel in time
    Without any pain
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say
    when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    Get tha hell out of here !!
    25. What is your motto?
    it’s time to be drunk fellows

26. Why did you join WR?
    I was looking up meanings of some refrains in Spanish
    That I was in the very beginnig of “learning”
    People are kind and helpful, forums are very interesting and instructive
    Nutella!

Tennis

1. What is your country of birth? Vietnam
    2. What is your current country of residence? Vietnam
    3. What is your height in in ft/in or centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 173 cm
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. none
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Pizza, русский салат, сметана and Chinese food
    7. What is your favorite word? иностранные языки, in english: foreign languages (i'm greedy:D )
    8. What is your least favorite word? Loneliness
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Love, comedy, beauty, nature, close friends
    10. What turns you off? Losses
    11. What are your favorite books? Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder and Тихий Дон by Mikhail Sholokhov
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Mikhail Sholokhov, Sydney Seldon
    13. Who are your favorite painters? i don't like painting
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Simbad
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Do we really have heroes in real life?:eek:
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Napoleon, Kutuzov
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Ethonologist
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? any country in Africa
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? To live with the one I love
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Poverty and war
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Honesty
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? athletic ability
    23. How would you like to die? the least painful way possible
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? " I'll give you three wishes"
    25. What is your motto? To live is to fight

Four bonus questions:

26. Why did you join WR? I did a google search and found a link to this board
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? New words, although I've been around for just 2 days
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Intelligent and knowledgeable members. I can learn alot from them
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? OMG I hate chocolate

cirrus

UK English
    1. What is your country of birth? UK
    UK

3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 183 cm

None - my beard would come out black, brown, ginger and grey!

If it comes out of the sea, I'm salivating. Alioli. Fideua.

7. What is your favorite word? Serendipity
    8. What is your least favorite word? collateral damage
    Starting afresh. Walking in the mountains or by the sea. Sailing once land is beyond the horizon. Storms. Times when I am with my partner and we are happy to be silent in each other's company.
    What turns you off? Lack of imagination or generosity of spirit
    To start: Cien A
    ños de Soledad, The Tin Drum, If this is a Man
    There are so many for starters: Primo Levi, Margaret Atwood, Isabel Allende, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Jake Arnott, Gunter Grass...
    Who are your favorite painters?
    Chagall, Picasso. I think I go more for photography than painting
    Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction?
    William as in Just William
    Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life?
    People who do good stuff without making a song and dance of it
    Who are your favorite characters in history?
    See above
    Architecture

Spain with an unspoiled coast, Colombia without the violence, Scotland without midgies

See 9 ideally with friends from all over the world all in the same place

Mental illness. Seeing loved ones in pain when you can do nothing. War, famine and the crass stupidity of so much politics.

Complicity and/ mutual support
    What natural gift would you most like to possess? Musicality - decisiveness would be good
    Quickly and without pain

Fancy another go?
    25. What is your motto?
    We're a long time dead - eg don't put it off!

26. Why did you join WR? Love at first sight once I clicked on the forum button.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? How long have you got?
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Learning without leaving my house
    Nutella in principle but not in fact - contains cow's milk which I can barely digest. Can I swap them for good Rioja?

John 316

English England
    1. What is your country of birth? - England
    2. What is your current country of residence? - England
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5 foot five
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) I like wearing skirts
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Anything apart from gerkhins
    7. What is your favorite word? Jesus Christ - not the swear word but His Name
    8. What is your least favorite word? It's not worth writing it.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Following God and His ways. Spending time with family and friends in the countryside.
    10. What turns you off? traffic jams and myself when I'm in a bad mood
    11. What are your favorite books? Little women, the Lion the witch and the wardrobe, Lord of the Rings
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? St Paul, Louisa May Alcott, C S Lewis, Tolkien
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Monet
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Jo March from Little Women, Anne from Anne of Green Gables.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Jesus Christ, the only Perfect Person/God to ever walk this earth. No one else is worth worshipping.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? The apostle Peter. He was passionate about following Jesus but very human.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Be a writer
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? France
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Having a very close relationship with God through knowing His son Jesus Christ
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Putting yourself at the centre of the universe. It makes everything go very pear shaped but we all do it at times.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Kindness, gentleness, truthfullness, justice and courageousness. Love of God and other people. Being fun and full of life and laughter.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Peacefullness, not getting stressed by stuff that doesn't matter
    23. How would you like to die? knowing God
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Well done good and faithful servant.
    25. What is your motto? Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your mind and all your soul and love your neighbour as yourself.

26. Why did you join WR? language help
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? only joined yesterday but I'll get back to you next time on that.

28. What is your favorite thing about WR? this so far. I read all the other responses. Very interesting.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D both

CatStar

English, Ireland
    1. What is your country of birth? Ireland
    2. What is your current country of residence? Ireland
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5´3"
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Not up to date with major fashion trends but funky casual I would say!
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Thai, italian, French but ultimate fave meal is bacon, turnip and carrots with mashed potato and white sauce....mmmmm
    7. What is your favorite word? abyss
    8. What is your least favorite word? bills ;)
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? From day to day it has to be good friends that you can have long conversations with about absolutely anything that pops into your head. Other than that, travelling to new locations, be it a county in Ireland I haven´t visited yet or somewhere at the other side of the world.
    10. What turns you off? Rude people
    11. What are your favorite books? My fave book is Still life with Woodpecker by Tom Robinson, very funny but obvious that author was orbiting Planet LSD when it was written.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? No favourite writer but I love poetry of Pablo Neruda and Fernando Pessoa. Plus Shakespeare of course!
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Jack B Yeats, my friend Tomás, Gaugain
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Don´t really have any, well maybe Indiana Jones...great movies!
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Nelson Mandela, Adi Roche
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Would love to own and run a café
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Spain, France, Brazil
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Getting on with all my family and friends
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? having absolutely no one to turn to for help
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Honesty
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? The willpower to finish my thesis!
    23. How would you like to die? In my sleep
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I don´t believe in heaven
    25. What is your motto? Life is like a box of chocolates...

Four bonus questions:

26. Why did you join WR? Looking for alternative ways to say something in Spanish
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? So much, it´s impossible to fathom!
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The speed of the responses
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? oh without a shadow of a doubt, chocolate

Caitríona :D

kanojo_

Slovenia, Slovene
    1. What is your country of birth? Slovenia
    Slovenia
    163cm
    /
    I'm not really fashionable I guess, I normally dress what I like and I feel will suit me
    I'm in love with Chinese food - absolutely delicious. I also like meat, chocolate and fruit a lot like peaches and coconuts.
    Poljub.
    8. What is your least favorite word? Vojna.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music, books that inspire me and my current achievements.
    10. What turns you off?
    Hypocrisy, arrogance and judgements.
    I like books that make my brain work. Therefore, I love mysteries and psychological thrillers.
    Agatha Christie.
    /
    Hercule Poirot obviously and Holden Caulfield from Cather in the Rye.
    I don't have any.
    /
    Other than being a student I would love to work in the language field someday. :)
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Japan. Everything about the Japanese culture fascinates me. I would love to one day experience everything that the country has to offer.
    People helping ourselves without judgements.
    The real power of human brain.
    Sincerity and kindness.
    I would like to be more easy-going. I always worry about the most futile things.
    Without suffering.
    "Ohoho welcome my dear. There we have tons of mistery books for you to kill your free time":eek:
    25. What is your motto?
    "Enjoy today. Tomorrow may never come"

26. Why did you join WR?
    Hah good question. I don't know. Probably because I wanted to improve my Italian.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Nothing comes without effort.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? People are kind and very very helpful.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Nutella, the greatest thing since chocolate. :D

emma1968

ITALY-italian
    1. What is your country of birth? Italy
    2. What is your current country of residence? Italy
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,60
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) I hate fashion
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)?Italian, Spanish.
    7. What is your favorite word? Loyalty
    8. What is your least favorite word? I don't know
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Amazing landscape, good books, friendly people.
    10. What turns you off? Henvy and hypocrisy
    11. What are your favorite books? Whuthering Heights, Price and Prejudice, Persuasion, The picture of Dorian Gray, Uno nessuno e centomila,Il fu Mattia Pascal, The Da Vinci Code, and others
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Jane Austen, Luigi Pirandello.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? The invisible woman
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? don't have any
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Leonardo da Vinci
    Painter
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Wherever I can speak English
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Being is more important than appearing. People should give to the first much more value.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Hypocrisy
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Sincerity
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Wisdom
    23. How would you like to die? Sleeping
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You have done a good job!
    25. What is your motto? If there is solution why get angry, if there's no solution why get angry

26. Why did you join WR? By chance
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? The others said that my English is improved like mad:D
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The guys I met
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D[/quote] Definitely NUTELLA

1. What is your country of birth? United States
    2. What is your current country of residence? United States
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5'3
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) pretty casual... i normally wear jeans and a t-shirt
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Thai, Mexican
    7. What is your favorite word? Tristeza (i love the way it sounds)
    8. What is your least favorite word? every Spanish word w/ that "rr" i cannot pronounce for the life of me (perro, carro...)
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? the written word
    10. What turns you off? monotony
    11. What are your favorite books? Love in the Time of Cholera and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? i love Luis Cernuda & Gabriel García Marquez; Marge Piercy
    13. Who are your favorite painters? i'm not sure
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? all the women who have sacrificed everything for true love.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? my mom and my dad
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? all the men and women who have fought and died for this country
    i would like to teach ESL
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? any Spanish speaking country!
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? peace
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? self-hate
    21. What do you value most in your friends? they are always there for me
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? love
    23. How would you like to die? happy
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? welcome
    25. What is your motto? If there is solution why get angry, if there's no solution why get angry

26. Why did you join WR? i came across it surfing the web one day
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? más y más español
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? so fast, so informative, so many different opinions and inputs! it is amazing!
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? CHOCOLATE!

Saoul

Italian
    Italia
    Italia
    2 cm, more or less.
    We call it pizzetto! I don't know the English word. Beard and moustache (thanks Anne! I had this gigantic animal on my face... sorry!)
    Do I really have to choose?
    Ancora!!!!!
    Zuzzurellone. Don't ask me why! I just hate it!
    Music, most of all!
    10. What turns you off?
    Stupidity and superficiality
    11. What are your favorite books? Wow, this is going to be hard. Everything Daniel Pennac ever wrote. I'm older than seven years old, but I love all the Harry Potter novels, Milan Kundera, Io non ho paura, Oscar e la signora in rosa, Cosa c'è al di là delle stelle.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Walt Whitman sits on the throne, but he hangs out with Keats, Colleridge and Wordsworth. Oscar Wilde pops in every now and then, though.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Monet, Da Vinci, Guaguin, Van Gogh, and Manolo. (Manolo is a friend of mine, a painter, and he's really really really good at it)
    Il cavaliere mascarato! He's soooo funny! Oh no wait. Maybe he's real. No no no no, it can't be. He's a fictional character. I'm sure!
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Nelson Mandela.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Ghandi.
    Porn-actor???? It's not really kind of my thing, but I'll die trying!
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Everywhere! The world is so different, diverse and beautiful, I really can't figure out any countries I would NOT live in.
    Love, friends, family.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? No beer left on the planet! That would be "tragedy"!

Sincerity and straightforwardness
    I don't know. It's a gift. I want it to be a surprise. That Nature... how d'you call it again? Mother? She forgot my last 32 birthdays, so it's about time she gives me a gift, isn't it?
    23. How would you like to die? Making love. That would be quite a shock for the girl there, I know, but since you ask, I admit it!
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I'm sorry boss, I didn't mean to use Your Throne.
    25. What is your motto? Se c'è la goccia è GIM!

26. Why did you join WR? Because I needed to know what the hell "what the hell" meant!
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? What the hell "what the hell" is!
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? People!
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D[/QUOTE] I absolutely hate both of them! What about a pizza, instead! (and a beer obviously!)

Sagunt

English/USA
    1. What is your country of birth? USA
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5'7"
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. No hair on my head but eyebrows.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Vegetarian
    7. What is your favorite word? Serene
    8. What is your least favorite word? Hatred
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Early morning sun slanting through the mist in the forest.
    10. What turns you off? Unapologetic ignorance.
    11. What are your favorite books? The Canterbury Tales
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Geoffrey Chaucer, Nigel Tranter
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Sandro Botticelli, Heironymous Bosch
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Lanark, from the novel of the same name, by Alasdair Grey
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Thomas Jefferson
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Librarian
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Scotland, Spain, Portugal
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? I am most happy when surrounded by my family.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Torture
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Constancy
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Charisma
    23. How would you like to die? I don't want to die.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Good example.
    25. What is your motto? We are all interconnected, we are all interdependent.

26. Why did you join WR? To discuss language.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Joy
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The breadth of experience offered.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Well, we keep the pantry stocked with Nutella, so...

msalmog

German, Israel
    1. What is your country of birth? Germany
    2. What is your current country of residence? Israel
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.76m
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Choccolate
    7. What is your favorite word? sorry
    8. What is your least favorite word? too many to count
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? words
    10. What turns you off? deeds
    11. What are your favorite books? the ones I have not read yet
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Celine
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Duerer
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Le Petit Prince
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Woody Allen
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Montaigne
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? the law
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? USA
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? find the right answer to a problem
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? the abyss is too deep to fathom its profundity
    21. What do you value most in your friends? a sense of humor
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? calmness
    23. How would you like to die? peacefully
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Is it you, Bernard, I do not recognize you any longer?!
    25. What is your motto? one has to live within contradictions

26. Why did you join WR? to enjoy myself
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? that there are others like me
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? broadmindedness
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D see above, 6
    Last edited by GenJen54 : 2nd June

runaway

USA, English
    USA
    USA
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5'2''
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) casual (jeans, sweatshirts)
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? curry, orange chicken, a good cheese
    7. What is your favorite word? fauteuil
    8. What is your least favorite word? hate
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? travel. books, music, films that make me feel
    10. What turns you off? people who judge others without trying to understand them
    11. What are your favorite books? To Kill a Mockingbird (my all-time favorite since I was 13), Pride & Prejudice, Do Butlers Burgle Banks (Wodehouse is hilarious), Madame Will You Talk?
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Borges, when I can understand him
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Monet
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Liza Bennett, Dumbledore
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Abraham Lincoln, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Jr.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? see previous question
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? if I could be even half as great as most of my professors, I would give teaching a shot
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Spain, France, Belgium, Scotland
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? no violence, hate, or crime
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? living with no goal or purpose
    21. What do you value most in your friends? their honesty and acceptance of me and all my flaws
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? to learn languages easily
    23. How would you like to die? young-ish and either in my sleep or doing something to help another
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? you have lived a good life overall, I forgive you for your mistakes
    25. What is your motto? The bold do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.

26. Why did you join WR? to improve my language skills
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? how much I have to learn
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? looking up English to Spanish and then from the Spanish word to French
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D I really like la crema de avellanas con chocolate

claudine2006

Italy Italian
    1. What is your country of birth? Italy.
    2. What is your current country of residence? Spain.
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,68.
    4. Men Only:
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? I've got my personal style.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? My granda's. And also Chinese and Japanese.
    7. What is your favorite word? Cariño.
    8. What is your least favorite word? Terrorism (I get furious when it's uncorrectly used).
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Walking.
    10. What turns you off? Bad manners.
    11. What are your favorite books? Saramago's.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Leopardi, Catullo, Ungaretti, Salinas.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? The Impressionists.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? La stella della Senna.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Marie Curie.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? The one who will stop wars.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Fashion designer.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? China, Norway.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? To be able to smile every day.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? The child sex trade.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Respect.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? The ability to make people happy.
    23. How would you like to die? Quickly.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Thanks for coming.
    25. What is your motto? Be yourself.

26. Why did you join WR? Curiosity.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? I've just start learning.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The possibility to meet people from all over the word and to change opinions.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? No, no, don't ask me to choose!! The best is fresh strawberries in hot chocolate!

Grekh

Spanish, Mexico
    GenJen54 said:

In celebration of the Forum's 1,000,000th post,
    we (your mod team) thought it time we get to know each and everyone of you a little better. We've put together a list of questions you are welcome to answer as part of this thread - and of course, we answered them too (even Mike), so you can get to know us. This thread will only be open for a limited period of time,
    so please answer as soon as you can.

With nods to Marcel Proust, Bernard Pivot
    and noted philosopher Raphus Cucullatus, we present
    the WR "Twenty-Five Questions."
    :D

1. What is your country of birth? México
    2. What is your current country of residence? México
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.68 mts, I'm rather short...jeje
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. mmm nop
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? meats!
    7. What is your favorite word? oh god! it's been the one i use the most lately
    8. What is your least favorite word? i don't know
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? people jeje
    10. What turns you off? arguements
    11. What are your favorite books? Angels and demons, El señor de las moscas, Drácula
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Dan Brown is becoming my fav
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Dalí and Frida Kahlo
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? I don't have
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? my parents
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? I don't have
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Translator or interpreter
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? England
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? be with my friends having fun and being cool with my family
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? umm i don't know
    21. What do you value most in your friends? the confidence
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? natural gift? i don't get it, sorry
    23. How would you like to die? knocked down
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Go the hell
    25. What is your motto? be happy and don't let people let you down.

26. Why did you join WR? Because I'm studying modern languages as major and I need a place like this where I can ask all of the questions I have throughout my learning process
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? I've been part of it for only 2 days...hehe
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? That I can solve a lot of doubts!
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Chocolate :D

coquita

Español (Argentina)
    1. What is your country of birth? ARGENTINA
    ARGENTINA
    1.65 M
    casual and modern
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian, Argentinian, Mexican (not too spicy)
    7. What is your favorite word? Sounds like a cliché: “peace” (once and for all!)
    8. What is your least favorite word? Imposible
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally
    ? The power and wisdom of Mother Nature
    10. What turns you off? Injustice
    Cien Años de Soledad - Animal Farm – The Da Vinci Code - The Talented Mr Ripley
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? P. Neruda – M. Benedetti – G. García Marquez - G. Orwell - Agatha Christie – Mother Teresa
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Dali, Monet
    All of them
    The anonymous and everyday heroes and heroines that we’ll never read about on newspapers or see on TV
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Mother Teresa
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Dancer
    Probably Australia
    Feeling the sun shining on my face while listening to the sound of the sea.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? ingratitude
    Forgiveness
    Sing!
    Like Titanic’s old lady: In a warm bed during my sleep after living a long fulfilling life
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I knew you wouldn’t disappoint me
    25. What is your motto? Si lo puedes soñar, lo puedes hacer (What you can dream you can achieve)

26. Why did you join WR?
    I found it really useful and resourceful
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? A lot!!
    I like the respectful and friendly tone among members
    Both!!!

Fernita

castellano de Argentina.

we (your mod team) thought it time we get to know each and everyone of you a little better. We've put together a list of questions you are welcome to answer as part of this thread - and of course, we answered them too (even Mike), so you can get to know us. This thread will only be open for a limited period of time,

1. What is your country of birth?Argentina
    2. What is your current country of residence? Argentina
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.53 m
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) casual (jeans) but exotic when going out.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian pasta,Argentinian asados, Chinese food, seafood and all kinds of salads.
    7. What is your favorite word? 'TALCUALMENTE AND OF COURSELY' BOTH MY OWN INVENTIONS.
    8. What is your least favorite word? Violence
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Singing while playing the piano and composing music.
    10. What turns you off? The fact that I can't quit smoking.
    11. What are your favorite books? Wow... There are so many:El héroe de las mil caras by Joseph Campbell, A pale View of Hills by Ishiguro, Más grandes que el amor by Dominique Lapierre, Sobre Héroes y Tumbas by E. Sábato, Vidas Imaginarias by Marcel Schwob.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Pablo Neruda, Kazuo Ishiguro, Ernesto Sábato, Ernest Hemingway, Gabriel G. Márquez.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Seoane, Kandinsky, Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Mafalda.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Mother Theresa of Calcuta
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Martin Luther King.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Architect.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? In England.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? JUSTICE AND PEACE
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? To have no dreams.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Being just the way they are, that's why I love them all sooooooooooooo much!!!
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Perseverance.
    23. How would you like to die? In my sleep
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?Well done!!!! Now you can rest and sing, play the piano and compose songs whenever you feel like doing it!
    25. What is your motto? Generally speaking, helping others, having time to sing and my sense of humour!!!!!!

26. Why did you join WR? To improve my English.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? That I know less than I thought.:( And there are great people like all of you!!!! AND LOTS OF VOCABULARY!!!
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? That I love being a member of this wonderful community where all of us try so hard to help others and viceversa. You guys are amazing ( me included, :D lol)!!!!!!!!!!!
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D[/quote] Chocolate, NO DOUBT!!!!

hsannolav

English, Filipino
    1. What is your country of birth? - Canada
    2. What is your current country of residence? - Canada

5’7”
    All kinds of casual, from retro/vintage to preppy/nerdy.
    Italian & Greek. When I'm at home, it's anything my mother makes!
    7. What is your favorite word? “
    Onomatopoeia” (Eng.); “samantalang” (Tag.); anything in Portuguese (because the accent -- both the continental and Brasilian -- is just so pretty!)
    N/a
    Talent
    10. What turns you off?
    Arrogance and selfishness.
    Pride & Prejudice, Jane Austen; The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Alexandre Dumas, José Rizal
    Botong Francisco, Leonardo da Vinci
    Elizabeth Bennet (Pride & Prejudice), Elías & Salomé (Noli)
    Jesus Christ, my parents, and Steve Nash (after all, I'm Canadian, eh.).
    José Rizal, St. Peter.
    I think archaeology would be fascinating.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil

To love, and be loved.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? to never know Christ.
    Loyalty, in general, but the qualities I value differ from friend to friend.

Courage and self-motivation. Either that or awe-inspiring athleticism.
    23. How would you like to die? With no regrets
    “Welcome home.”
    25. What is your motto? n/a

Three/Four bonus questions:

26. Why did you join WR?
    Stumbled upon it one night while searching for online language resources, and have been lurking anonymously ever since… I figured I might as well register and be an “official” part of it…
    Er, during my time of lurking? Loads! Since joining? Well, seeing as I've only joined about 2 minutes ago…
    How people from all over the world, speaking different languages can come together and help each other learn.
    Dark chocolate.

Sh0wT!m3_08

United States
    United States

United States

5'3

Funky..... well watever the modd is.

Italian and Chinese

Whatever

no

To see someone show emotion witha pasiion.
    10. What turns you off?

People who whine.

Books by Zane

Maya Angelou

Da Vinci

Spiderman

Spiderman haha

Egyptians
    Flight attendant

Spain

Everyone on the same social scale.

Being poor and lonely.

Trustworthiness

The ability to love after being hurt.

In my sleep.

Welcome my child.
    25. What is your motto?
    Live life only if you*re having fun.

26. Why did you join WR?

To learn spanish.

Nothing yet... I*ve only been a member for an hour.

Uhhhhh...N/A

Chocolate

Idioteque

Italy - Italian
    1. What is your country of birth? Italy
    2. What is your current country of residence? Italy
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,71 cm
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…)I guess simple but posh :cool: But i don't like fashion at all... prefer following my personal tastes...
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)?Zighinì, fish, mussels. Pizzaaaaa! Pasta al sugo! SLUUURP! :cool:
    7. What is your favorite word? Peace. Multiculturality. Dreams. Through (I love its sound! :p)
    8. What is your least favorite word?Greed. Violence. Inhumanity. Political correct
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?Music. Change. An amazing place. A good dish. Some beautiful handicraft.
    10. What turns you off? People who prefer pretending that everything is fine rather than facing problems just in order to be calm. People who live as if they were battery chickens! Seeing Putin-Bush-Berlusconi-Blair faces in tv!
    11. What are your favorite books? "Master and Margarita" by Michail Bulgakov; "Crime and Punishment" and "The Brothers Karamazov" by Fedor Dostoevskij; "The death of Ivan Ilic" by Lev Tolstoj; "Animal farm" by George Orwell; "Il nome della rosa" by Umberto Eco; "Dei delitti e delle pene" by C. Beccaria; "Buddenbrook" by Thomas Mann, "la storia" by Elsa Morante... but I'm sure that there are others I don't remember now... ;)

12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers?Dostoevskij, Pirandello, Seneca, Orwell, Tolstoj, Ungaretti, Horatius, Pasolini and many others...
    13. Who are your favorite painters?Van Gogh, Dalì, De Chirico, Piero Della Francesca, Toulouse-Lautrec, Cezanne, Monet, Bosch...

14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction?Raskolnikov :eek:
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life?People who fight to change things... people who don't live for money and risk their life for their values... those who are strong enough to give voice to their ideals... those who dedicate their life to justice, honesty and to the others...
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history?Gandhi
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?Singer :p
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live?Russia, Ireland or Portugal
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness?A place where everyone is judged for his own merits. A place where all babies at birth have the same chances, freedom and hopes for the future...
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?Greedy and rich people who would sell their mother to get even richer. Those who are violent especially if against animals and weak people. People who disrespect life and environment
    21. What do you value most in your friends?Idealism, honesty and irony... oh, I forgot: some sane craziness! :D
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess?Uhm, let me think... I guess play a musical instrument and manual ability to create little masterpieces (handicrafts, objects)
    23. How would you like to die?Painless, sleeping in the sun of a Sicilian beach after a good seabath...
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?Heaven doesn't exist!
    25. What is your motto? I don't have one.

26. Why did you join WR?I read some threads and I found it interesting.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR?So much about English and some aspects of other cultures!!!
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR?The possibility to get to know so many different and amazing people...
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Do I really have to choose?! Ok, chocolate is definitely healthier and better, but Nutella is sooo tasty (though I know it's junk food...) Ok, let's say chocolate! :rolleyes:

Confused Linguist

English & Bengali

India

India

I'm exactly five feet tall.

All I can say is that I'm not old-fashioned.

Italian, Indian, Chinese.... I was vegetarian for several years. I love any kind of fruit.

Joy

There are just too many....

deep breathing

10. What turns you off?

gossip

There are too many to list here. I'm generally into non-fiction and I read dictionaries for fun.

There are just too many, I don't want to end up leaving anybody out.

Da Vinci, I suppose. I don't understand art but I know what I like.

I'm undecided on this one.

My Mum and my best friend. :)

I can't think of anyone in particular.

Being a Mum (I consider it a full-time job)

England... my heart lives there.

Loving others unconditionally

anger

honesty and straightforwardness

The ability to remain happy and give love to others no matter what.

I would like to die young.

Wake up, you were just dreaming.

25. What is your motto?

Joy

26. Why did you join WR?

I have come here to learn from others.

I have learnt that it is normal to be crazy about languages. :D

Everything!!!

Chocolate

Here's a bit of trivia about me - I have autism and I experience the world much differently than you do.

Yeu

Español (México)
    1. What is your country of birth? Mexico
    2. What is your current country of residence? Chile
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.63 cm
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) A little bit of everything, depend of the day of the week and the place. Mostly fashionable.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Mexican, Chinese, Thai.
    7. What is your favorite word? Patricio
    8. What is your least favorite word? unemployed
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? My religion, my family and my husband.
    10. What turns you off? hypocresy
    11. What are your favorite books? El mundo de Sofia, Regina
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? I can't decide :(
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Monet, Diego Rivera, Van Gogh
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Garfield! :D
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? My parents
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Gandhi
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Image designer
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Canada, Australia.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? My family
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? hurt the persons that I love.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Patience
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Patience
    23. How would you like to die? At the same time that my husband die (old person).
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I missed you my beloved daughter, your family is waiting for you!!!.
    25. What is your motto? No se puede arar mirando hacia atrás.

Four bonus questions:

26. Why did you join WR? To improve my English.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Interesting things about another cultures.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The people :)
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Both!!

Dark Rose

Mexico Spanish
    Mexico
    Mexico
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.63
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) hmm.. kind of funky
    Green Salad with Goat Cheese
    Pasta with cheese and tomato sauce
    Raspberry and chocolate cake
    Honey
    Hate
    Music and Films
    10. What turns you off?
    Traffic., crowds
    Wide Sargasso Sea, The Sound and the Fury, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, LOTR, The Hobbit
    Oscar Wilde, Carroll, Tolkien, P.Pullman, Jane Austen
    Matisse
    hmm...Miss Bennet---
    dunno
    Eloise, Queen Elizabeth
    Confectioner
    Sweeden
    A quiet day with my loved ones
    Honesty
    very old with my family around me
    no idea
    25. What is your motto?
    smell the flowers while you can

26. Why did you join WR?
    A friend recommended the site
    Lots of words, expressions
    Forums
    Chocolate!!:D

a_n_a_r

Azerbaijan/Turkish
    1. What is your country of birth? Russia
    2. What is your current country of residence? Turkey
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.80
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. Nothing
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Kebap,spaghetti
    7. What is your favorite word? Original
    8. What is your least favorite word? Simple
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music and loneliness
    10. What turns you off? Boring people
    11. What are your favorite books? Notre Dame de Paris
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Victor Hugo,Oscar Wilde
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Van Gogh,Francisco de Goya
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Sherlock Holmes
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Kylie Minogue :D
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? No
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? DJ ;)
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Italia
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? without stupid people
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? injustice
    21. What do you value most in your friends? love and honesty
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? i think i do not need any gift ;)
    23. How would you like to die? i've never thought
    Buongiorno
    25. What is your motto?
    remember me and your true self

26. Why did you join WR?
    Italian translation
    Italian translation :D
    here is a lot of helpful people and it is objective
    White Chocolate

anthodocheio

GenJen54 said:

Greece
    Greece
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,67
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Fun???
    Miscellaneous
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Meal: pasti
    tsio (pasta++ in the oven), Desert: yogurt, Fruit: cherry
    7. What is your favorite word? love
    8. What is your least favorite word? later
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Find the other people truly kind and sweet and smiling. MUSIC
    10. What turns you off? Feeling alone between other people. Music that I don’t like.
    11. What are your favorite books? Without family, The Robe (Lloyd Douglas) (I don’t read lately)
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Don’t have any (sure, Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Dali, Monet

14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Beauty and the Beast ??? Is that OK?
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Medecins Sans Frontieres
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Those who don’t kill
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Making clothes, decorating places + +
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Someplace in
    Latin America. Wish I would find.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Being loved
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Ingratitude
    21. What do you value most in your friends? That they feel free to say the truth (no matter how bad) and they are ready to hear the truth.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Sweetness
    23. How would you like to die? Having the feeling that my presence here had a point.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You can come in, in my joy
    25. What is your motto? If you can’t have what you love, do love what you have

26. Why did you join WR? To practise the Spanish I knew and have the chance to learn more.
    Lot’s of things!
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? That you can have more than one opinion for the same subject. That you can find things you can’t find in a dictionary. The dictionary.
    Chocolate :D

ceci '79

Italian, Italy
    GenJen54 said:
    1. What is your country of birth? Italy (Modena).
    2. What is your current country of residence? Italy right now, but I move often.
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 164 cm.
    4. ---
    5. How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Clothes are boring and fashion is complicated. I try, but not too hard. Also, I'm always too broke for trends.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian: pasta, pizza, fruit.
    7. What is your favorite word? Freedom.
    8. What is your least favorite word? Group.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Freedom.
    10. What turns you off? Lack of courage.
    11. What are your favorite books? Howard's End.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? E.M. Forster.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Constable.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Margaret Schlegel.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Bill Gates.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? The allied soldiers who defeated Adolf & Benito.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Management in the logistics and/or transportation sector.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Countries are all alike, after a while.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? When everybody stays out of my business.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Living in a gated community!
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Kind individualism, courage, a high attention span.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Being sociable around people (I am not).
    23. How would you like to die? Without realizing what's going on, fast.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Don't worry: Heaven is nothing like a gated community!
    25. What is your motto? Time is like an inexorable conveyor belt that leads you on. Sooner or later you have to face your fears.

26. Why did you join WR? To be bale to ask questions about words I didn't know.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? New words and expressions and also something about the debating mind (including some pretty nasty things, actually).
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? It has many users who reply promptly and try hard.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :DNutella (without the shadow of a doubt!)
    These are difficult questions! pant pant... :)

rom_itn

Sri Lanka - Sinhalese
    Nice thread! I'll have a go as well...

1. What is your country of birth? Sri Lanka

Italy
    1.77m
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. I shave every 3 days!

6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian, Sri Lankan, Indian...
    7. What is your favorite word? Awesome!
    8. What is your least favorite word? Can't think of one....
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally
    ? Music, movies.. special people
    10. What turns you off? Lazyness :D
    Harry Potter, Sherlock Homes
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? JK.. Sir. Arthur..
    13. Who are your favorite painters? -
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Robin Hood

My mom! LOL
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Mahathma Ghandi
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Rock star!
    Australia/New Zealand

19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? To be near your true love (when you find it!) and the ones you love the most..

20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Loneliness
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Understanding and faith

22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Sweetness..boh!

OMG! Never thought about it... hmmm in a quick, painless way
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Here you are!
    25. What is your motto? No motto!

26. Why did you join WR?
    It's a great place to learn and kill time doing translations..
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Loads of things! Thanks everyone! Specially in Italian section.
    Professional look and friendliness
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Both

Calamitintin

France, St Maix les bains, 79
    1. What is your country of birth? France
    2. What is your current country of residence? depends. Now : Germany. One month ago: China
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,675m :p
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) as cheap as possible :)
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? chocolate and then everything that can go in a salad
    7. What is your favorite word? why !
    8. What is your least favorite word? merde (very unsmart !)
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Mozart's Requiem
    10. What turns you off? people that think they are someone important but are nothing more than stupid
    11. What are your favorite books? HARRY POTTER :D
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Racine !
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Renoir
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Helen Keller
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? People who "give" their lifes for others
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Jeanne d'Arc
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Engineer
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? CHINA !!!!!!!!
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Don't worry, be happy !
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Hunger and pain
    21. What do you value most in your friends? They don't estimate themselves too much and love their friends !
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Multilingualism !!!
    23. How would you like to die? Quietly, in my bed without pain
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Hi! I missed you!
    25. What is your motto? No motto.

26. Why did you join WR? I like French and other languages, a friend told me about WR...
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? many people love languages :)
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Can ask and help as much as you want
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Definitely black chocolate (with almonds :) )

Victoria32

English (UK) New Zealand
    1. What is your country of birth? New Zealand
    2. What is your current country of residence? New Zealand
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 155 cm
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Not at all! (Well hippie style since you ask)
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Too many to tell
    7. What is your favorite word? Primrose
    8. What is your least favorite word? Sewage
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music (In all respects)
    10. What turns you off? Moustaches
    11. What are your favorite books? The novels of David Gemmell
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Robert Fisk, David Gemmell, Albert Vynckier and more...
    13. Who are your favorite painters? I don't have any
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Sabriel (Garth Nix)
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Edith Cavell, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Dag Hammerskjold, Dorothy Day
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Metternich
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Motor racing, acting.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? To be very busy in my job, and have a sunny day to look out on
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Worry about my family
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Loyalty
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? The ability to sing
    23. How would you like to die? In a plane crash
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome home
    25. What is your motto? I'm just a mouth on legs

26. Why did you join WR? To have questions answered
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Heaps!
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The people
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Chocolate (Nutella, eeeuuuwww!!!!)

ps139

NYC
    USA, English
    1. What is your country of birth? USA
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 6'2"
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. does 5 o'clock shadow count? :)
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian, Italian, Mexican
    7. What is your favorite word? esperanza
    8. What is your least favorite word? blog
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? beauty in nature and music, and expressions of love
    10. What turns you off? ugliness, hatred, ignorance, intentional falsehood & greed
    11. What are your favorite books? The Everlasting Man, Baudolino, The Silmarillion,The Odyssey, The Man Who Was Thursday, The Poem of the Man-God, Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, Harry Potter, The Last of the Mohicans, Pride and Prejudice
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? G.K. Chesterton, James Fenimore Cooper, Umberto Eco, JRR Tolkien, CS Lewis, Pope Benedict XVI, Augustine, Larry David
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Raphael d'Urbino & Pablo Picasso
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Hawkeye, Gandalf, Odysseus, Gabriel Syme
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? my uncle and my mother, and of course Gianluigi Buffon :)
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Jesus Christ, William Wallace, St. Francis de Sales, St. John Bosco, Tecumseh, Crazy Horse, Osceola, Geronimo, Theodore Roosevelt, Pope John Paul II, Capt. Dick Winters
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Spain or Italy
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? LOVE
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? the absence of love or hope
    21. What do you value most in your friends? honesty, loyalty, and humor
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? perfect pitch
    23. How would you like to die? quickly
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Well done, my good and faithful servant"
    25. What is your motto? Chi va piano, va sano e' va lontano

26. Why did you join WR? I love languages
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Lots of Spanish and some good points in political discussions that I hadn't considered
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? we share a common love of languages
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D chocolate, most definitely!

Lemminkäinen

Norwegian (bokmål)
    1. What is your country of birth? Norway
    2. What is your current country of residence? Norway
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 185 cm. (I think that's 5'11")
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. None
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian and French
    7. What is your favorite word? Silence (the French, not the English)
    8. What is your least favorite word? Snerk (Norwegian, describes the film you get on cocoa :mad: )
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Silence, calm music, beautiful nature
    10. What turns you off? Bigots, prejudices and selfish people
    11. What are your favorite books? Everything Tolkien, American Gods, Crime & Punishment, The House of the Dead, Master and Margarita, The Time Traveler's Wife, The History of Bestiality (Norwegian), Johnny Got His Gun
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? André Bjerke (poet), Dostoyevsky, Neil Gaiman, Douglas Adams, Kurt Vonnegut
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Leonardo, Tidemand and Gude (Norwegians)
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Dante (the "fictional"), Väinämöinen (Kalevala), Beren (Silmarillion)
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Bertrand Cantat
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Saladin, the people who were active in abolishing slavery
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Marine biologist
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? France
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Accepting life, living every day to its fullest
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Losing someone you love
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Loyalty, honesty

22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Omnilinguism (is that a word?) :D
    23. How would you like to die? Quickly and without pain, in my sleep
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Thank God you finally came!
    25. What is your motto? Carpe diem

26. Why did you join WR? I love languages, and this seemed the right spot for that ;)
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Too much to list ;)
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The people :)
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Nutella on crêpes, otherwise chocolate

Blehh.

USA, English
    1. What is your country of birth? The good 'ol US of A.
    2. What is your current country of residence? Again, the good 'ol US of A. Haha.
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5 ft 4 in.
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Comfort is key.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Thai, Indian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Mexican...everything except meat/fish I guess!
    7. What is your favorite word? blehh. (I added it to the Firefox dictionary. XD)
    8. What is your least favorite word? I'm not sure, actually...
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Is it right that my mind is in the gutter at this point?
    10. What turns you off? Body odor.
    11. What are your favorite books? To Kill a Mockingbird, The Medium is the Massage, Leaves of Grass, The Giver, The Catcher in the Rye...I could go on!
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? J.D. Salinger, George Orwell, etc.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Anything abstract or impressionist.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? CURIOUS GEORGE. x]
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? My mother.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Ben Franklin, Groucho Marx, Oscar Wilde.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Some kind of artist.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Brazil.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Sitting in a hammock with a good book, my family talking/playing in the backyard, a bowl of chocolate-covered strawberries and some Nutella just in case there's more strawberries than chocolate.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Losing everybody that I've loved.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Trust and honesty.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Athleticism.
    23. How would you like to die? Peacefully.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You're crazy, but I still love you anyway. Come on in, chica.
    25. What is your motto? Qué será será.

26. Why did you join WR? Because I needed help with my Spanish homework.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? That people are over analytical and OCD, but they're not that bad anyway. :D Oh, & a lot more Spanish, también.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? People know their languages up, down, backwards, forwards and sideways.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? BOTH, ¡claro que si!

ayaram7700

Chile-Spanish

1. What is your country of birth? Larga y angosta faja de tierra, conocida como CHILE, el país mas bello del mundo
    What is your current country of residence? USA
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.52 m
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky, Lovely…) Casual, or less
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Chilean empanadas, Thai, Chinese
    7. What is your favorite word? entusiasmo
    8. What is your least favorite word? Sincerely
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Sense of humor
    10. What turns you off? No sense of humor
    11. What are your favorite books? All mystery novels, and all the other books, except horror books. I am always changing in this topic, currently, Patrick O’Brian’s novels.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Neruda, Cortazar, Ernesto Sabato, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Steinbeck, so, so many and mysteries authors, many of them.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Matta, de Chirico, Picasso, Impressionists, classics
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Scarlett O’Hara, Alice in Wonderland, Count of Montecristo
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Myself; the Palestinian people; Cuchuflete and Lazarus in the forums, they are SO learned.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Natives in our countries fighting the conquistadores and surviving, especially the Mapuche people in Chile
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? LAWYER
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? I do not live in my country, but I LOVE France and Andalucia in Spain
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Reading a good book, lying on my bed, with a huge bowl of fruit, and my favorite music: Mozart, Bach or Beethoven, or Canto Gregoriano
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Bad health
    21. What do you value most in your friends? They tolerate me, that would be more than enough
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? A gift for playing an instrument, such as the piano, but exceptionally well. I love music.
    23. How would you like to die? Same as No. 19
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Hey Marta, I’ve been missing you
    25. What is your motto? Just go ahead and don’t stop to think

26. Why did you join WR? I needed to find a good translation for the words unrequited love and they pushed me into the forum and I became addicted.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? That there are many translators in the world and everybody works their … off.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? That you, guys, are always there for me
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? CHOCOLATE

zaigucis

Latvian, Latvia
    1. What is your country of birth? Latvia
    2. What is your current country of residence? Latvia
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 180 cm
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) depends of weather, mood and place to go
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Latvian, Italian
    7. What is your favorite word? zaiga
    8. What is your least favorite word? dont have
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? good book, nature, interesting collocutor
    10. What turns you off? lies, hypocrisy
    11. What are your favorite books? V. Hugo "Les Misérables" and others
    Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Victor Hugo
    13. Who are your favorite painters? dont have
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Little sea maid? I havent think about that
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? it is to many heroes and heroienes in the world
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Mother Teresa
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? journalist
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? love and be loved
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? to have no one to love
    21. What do you value most in your friends? honesty22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? good voice and good hearing
    23. How would you like to die? asleep
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I forgive you
    25. What is your motto? All best things are for free
    26. Why did you join WR? I was looking for English-Italian dictionary
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? many words in different languages
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? That people are very helpful
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? No one, but if I have to choose - chocolate(at least 70 % cacao)

ferran

Croatia
    1. What is your country of birth? Yugoslavia
    2. What is your current country of residence? Croatia
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 180cm
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) i don't care
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? italian, croatian, chinese
    7. What is your favorite word? Roma (the town, not the club :D)
    8. What is your least favorite word? stoljnjak
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? people i care for
    10. What turns you off? lies
    11. What are your favorite books? Harry Potter (all)
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? i don't have a favorite one
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Joan Miro', Monet, Kandinsky
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? none
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? none
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? no favorites!
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? pilot
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Italy, Spain, Brazil, England, Argentina
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? love and freedom
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? being alone
    21. What do you value most in your friends? sincerity
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? painting
    23. How would you like to die? without pain and very old and not alone
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? you can go back home if you don't like it here
    25. What is your motto? Be you

26. Why did you join WR? i was looking for a good dictionary and i found it!
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? many words and interesting cultural facts
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? people from all around
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? nutella :D