Questionnaire: Getting to Know Each Other

Mirlo

Castellano, Panamá
. What is your country of birth? Panamá
2. What is your current country of residence? USA
3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5'5
4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any.N/A
5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Fun
6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Arroz con Pollo, Paella.
7. What is your favorite word? Love
8. What is your least favorite word? hate
9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Sincerity
10. What turns you off? Hipocresy
11. What are your favorite books? El amor en los tiempos del cólera
12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Pablo Neruda, Amado Nervo
13. Who are your favorite painters? The Impressionists
14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Jason Bourne
15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Omar Torrijos Herrera, he always fought for the good of the people in our country...
16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Those who fought for what it was right!!!
17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Italy, for a while
19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? peace and love
20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
21. What do you value most in your friends? Their support, deppendability.
22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Speak more languages
23. How would you like to die? in my sleep
24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You are forgiven!!
25. What is your motto? If you don't have anything nice to say, do not say anything at all.

Four bonus questions:

26. Why did you join WR?

I love learning and the interaction with people...
27. What have you learned since joining WR?
I've learned many new phrases, words and the most important, I've met amazing people.
28. What is your favorite thing about WR?
The help, the cortesy
29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D
Chocolate with Nutella on top!!

Last edited:
  • xqby

English (U.S.)
    I changed a couple of the questions so that I could give bigger answers. Oops!

1. What is your country of birth? The U S of A
    2. What is your current country of residence? The State of Denial
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like? six feet, no inches
    4. Facial hair adornments, if any. five'o'clock shadow even though it's only two
    5. How fashionable are you? Jeans and flipflops whenever feasible. Make of that what you will.
    6. What are your favorite foods? salmon sashimi, beef au jus sandwiches, vegetarian burritos
    7. What are your favorite words? synaesthesia, yuxtaposición, cenotaph, מלכים
    8. What are your least favorite words? unctuous, facile
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? new and weird experiences, powerful use of language, art with a story
    10. What turns you off? people who start off assuming they're right and set out to prove it, entrenched ignorance
    11. What are your favorite books? Hawaii, In the Hollow of the Deep-Sea Wave, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, 1984, The Peloponnesian War
    12. Who are your favorite poets? A.E. Housman, Pablo Neruda, William Blake, Robert Frost
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Sandro Botticelli, Claude Monet, Salvador Dalí, Georgia O'Keeffe, John Pugh
    14. Who are your favorite fictional characters? Cyrano de Bergerac, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Captain Yossarian
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Rory Stewart, Dean Karnazes, Norman Borlaug
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Diogenes of Sinope, Leonidas I of Sparta, Sir Francis Drake, Malcolm Little
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Being crazy isn't exactly a profession, but I think I'd be awfully good at it.
    18 In what countries other than your own would you like to live? Japan, Israel, Canada, Spain
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? the kindness of strangers, the act of being kind to strangers, powerful psychotropics
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? The middle ring of the seventh circle. Alighieri was a tweaked dude.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? spontaneity, intelligence, dependability
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? mutant healing factor
    23. How would you like to die? The same way I was born: naked and screaming.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
    25. What is your motto? "Never have a motto."

Four bonus questions:
    26. Why did you join WR? Someone wanted help with translating part of a George Carlin routine in the Spanish-English forum. Basically an irresistable lure.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? I'd say it's more the things I've unlearnt. I had some weird ideas about Spanish before I started posting here.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The weird quirks of its inhabitants.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? I pretty much won't eat chocolate unless it's more than 50% cocoa, so Nutella is on the sweet side.

Last edited:

Lukillas6

Spanish - Argentina.
    1. What is your country of birth? Argentina
    2. What is your current country of residence? Argentina
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 6 feet or 1.84 meters.
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. none.
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…)
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? our meat.
    7. What is your favorite word? schlep. flibbertigibbet.
    8. What is your least favorite word? pijotero.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? books. inspiring people. movies.
    10. What turns you off? ---?
    11. What are your favorite books? the funny ones.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? j.k. rowling.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? don't have one.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? HP.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Jesus.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? I like Maximilian Robespierre, I don't know why.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? English teacher.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? USA.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? idk.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? extreme hatred.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? theyre always there for me.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? idk.
    23. How would you like to die?
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    25. What is your motto?

Three Four bonus questions:

26. Why did you join WR?
    29. Chocolate or Nutella?

Topsie

English-UK
    Suggestion: Perhaps these should be classified in alphabetical order, since they're so many of them...

1. What is your country of birth? England
    2. What is your current country of residence? France
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimetres or whatever standard of measure you like. 167.99cm
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any.
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Striving to achieve the casual chic which comes seemingly naturally to my French friends... but somehow getting it wrong!:(
    6. What are your favourite foods (by category)? Indian, Moroccan, Italian, Chinese... all things hot, spicy, garlicky!
    7. What is your favourite word? at the moment "voluptuous"!
    8. What is your least favourite word? at the moment "(bathroom) scales"!
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music, especially jazz, especially guitar...
    10. What turns you off? Men with handbags (and too much aftershave!)
    11. What are your favourite books? Difficult one! The English Patient, The Human Stain, Moon Palace... but I don't turn my nose up at Chick Lit or the odd thriller!
    12. Who are your favourite poets and/or writers? T.S. Eliot for the poetry, Paul Auster, Iris Murdoch, Jonathan Coe, David Lodge, William Boyd....
    13. Who are your favorite painters? The "Ks" (Klimt, Kandinsky, Klee), Hundertwasser, Miro, Matisse...
    14. Who are your favourite heroes or heroines of fiction? Indiana Jones
    15. Who are your favourite heroes or heroines in real life? Anyone who stands up and fights for their rights!
    16. Who are your favourite characters in history? If mythology counts as history, the Gods (Egyptian & Greek!)
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Something in the media (radio preferably).
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? I like the idea of Australia... definitely somewhere with no snow!
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Sea, sun, sand, palm trees, cocktails served in coconut shells.... just being frivolous - the real answer would take too long!
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Standing by and doing nothing (especially when it doesn't take much).
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Constancy (good old-fashioned word!) and sense of humour.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? A great singing voice
    23. How would you like to die? Hopefully voluntary euthanasia will be legal by then!
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Not you again!
    25. What is your motto? Nobody's perfect!

26. Why did you join WR? I like the idea of exchanging :)eek: No, that's not what I mean!)
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Something new every time I log on!
    28. What is your favourite thing about WR? The fact that it's fun & serious at the same time (no mean feat!)
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Marmite :D

Namarne

Spanish
    1. What is your country of birth? Spain.
    2. What is your current country of residence? Spain.
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,77 m
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. Beard and moustache. (Oh, no, not like this... (Well, yes, more or less, but I'm not this guy...) ;)
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? These characteristic dishes that exist in every little town or in every little region in Spain, and only there, and that seem to condense the atmosphere and the landscape you are visiting. Well I like Mexican cuisine, and Japanese, very much. And pizza, yes, I love pizza. :eek:
    7. What is your favorite word? Alma. (Soul.)
    8. What is your least favorite word? Malice.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Beauty, openness, freedom. Love and God. Beethoven, Wagner, Bach... Children talking and laughing...
    10. What turns you off? Abuse, meanness. Violence.
    11. What are your favorite books? (So many...) El Quijote - Macbeth - The Master and Margarita - Chevengur - Thérèse Desqueyroux - Crime and Punishment - Nada - Incerta glòria - Ulysses - the Holy Bible
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Shakespeare - C. S. Lewis - François Mauriac - Miguel Delibes - Dostoyevski - Kafka - Joyce - y BORGES, claro
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Bouguereau - Degas - Georges de La Tour - Vermeer
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Perceval - lieutenant Ripley
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? My father - Our Lady
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Alexander the Great - Winston Churchill
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Researcher.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Ireland.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? The earthly happiness of my wife, my children and my parents. The end of famine in the world.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Not to love anybody. To have killed an innocent.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Patience. :D Sincerity.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Cheerfulness.
    23. How would you like to die? At peace.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? We love you. People you loved will be with God too.
    25. What is your motto? Haz el bien y no mires a quién.

26. Why did you join WR? By accident; I was looking for an on-line dictionary.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Many interesting points of view different of mine.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The possibility to help and to being helped, out of pleasure.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D There's no doubt: CHOCOLATE, of course!!! :D;)

Last edited:

swift

Spanish – Costa Rica (Valle Central)
    1. What is your country of birth? Costa Rica
    2. What is your current country of residence? Costa Rica
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1m72.
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. A couple-of-days-not-shaved face.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Any thai dish.
    7. What is your favorite word? Guácala.
    8. What is your least favorite word? Work.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Natalie Dessay's voice.
    10. What turns you off? Soccer.
    11. What are your favorite books? La ruta de su evasión; El tránsito de fuego; À la recherche du temps perdu; Notre Dame de Paris; Mrs. Dalloway; Hamlet; The glass bead game; Maniac Magee; Pedro Páramo; Pride and Prejudice; Les particules élémentaires; Rayuela; El Aleph; Les hirondelles de Kaboul; Les bienveillantes; Life and Death in Shanghai; Les fleurs du mal; Une saison en enfer; Pantalones Cortos; La mujer que se sabía todos los cuentos...
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Yolanda Oreamuno, Eunice Odio, Virginia Woolf, Marcel Proust, Victor Hugo, Julio Cortázar, Jorge Luis Borges, Juan Rulfo, William Shakespeare, Michel Houellebecq, Yasmina Khadra, Carlos Rubio, Arthur Rimbaud.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Dalí.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Cristina, in "La Ruta de su Evasión".
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? My mother and grandmother.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Galileo Galilei.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Violinist.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Belgium, France, Australia, New Zealand, Chile or Canada.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Sharing one's happiness; the smile of a babe.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Monologuing.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Their freeness of speach, wisdom, eccentricity and, especially, their admirable ability to put up with me.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Dancing skills.
    23. How would you like to die? Sleeping.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome home, my child.
    25. What is your motto? "Sois bon sans être idiot".

26. Why did you join WR? I was in dare need of help.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? 85% of foreros have not learned what "context" is.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Being a member.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Chocolate, without a doubt!

Last edited:

Revontuli

Turkey-Turkish
    1. What is your country of birth?- Turkey
    2. What is your current country of residence?- Still Turkey
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like.- 158 cm:eek:
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…)- Sometimes lovely, sometimes dressed in black, sometimes more womanish etc...Depends on my mood
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)?- All food:DAny food without spices cannot be in my list.
    7. What is your favorite word? - Revontuli
    8. What is your least favorite word?- Every word that lacks sincerity
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?- Violin, singing, thinking about Finland, dreaming
    10. What turns you off?- The insincerity and illiteracy of people around me
    11. What are your favorite books?- All Dostoevksy books
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Dostoevsky
    13. Who are your favorite painters?- Vincent Van Gogh
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction?- Prince Myshkin(The Idiot, Dostoevsky)
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life?- My parents
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history?- Mustafa Kemal Atatürk...(The founder of Turkish Republic)
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?- Archeolog/Astronaut
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live?-Finland
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness?- Playing violin while watching the endless beauty of a lake in Finland
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?- Having all the people I hate around me, all my life:eek:
    21. What do you value most in your friends?- Sincerity and honesty
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess?- Being a music genius like Mozart
    23. How would you like to die?- Sleeping next to my partner...
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?- I give an endless life to you with all the people you love...
    25. What is your motto?- Carpe Nocte

26. Why did you join WR?- I asked myself why I shouldn't be here and keep asking questions. Then joined.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR?- Many, many useful things
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? What can I say... Here is a wonderful place with many things to learn... There are kind, sensible, helpful and honest people here, seriously... I always feel so lucky to have found WR.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D - What a question.. Of course BOTH:D

Aserolf

Español - México
    WOW! This is fun!! Like my old days, back in Elementary School: CHISMOGRAFO :D

1. What is your country of birth?
    Mexico
    2. What is your current country of residence?
    USA
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like.
    5.2"
    Fun, Funky and Lovely :D
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)?
    Mole poblano (mexican)
    Chiles en nogada (mexican)
    Cooked and spicy vegetables (mostly chinese)
    7. What is your favorite word?
    "Tisonguito" (a made-up word of affection by me for my kids):)
    8. What is your least favorite word?
    "Prieto" (peyorative, meaning dark skin)
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
    Instrumental music and my kids achievements
    10. What turns you off?
    Yelling/Screaming
    11. What are your favorite books?
    "La Rosa Blanca" and "Macario" by B.Traven
    "La Reina del Sur" by Arturo Perez-Reverte
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers?
    My favorite poem since I was a girl is Margarita by Ruben Darío
    13. Who are your favorite painters?
    Diego Rivera & Frida Kahlo
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction?
    Super Can
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life?
    My mom
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history?
    Pancho Villa, Emiliano Zapata, Benito Juarez & Lazaro Cardenas del Rio
    Professional Latin Dancer or Painter
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live?
    Italy or Switzerland
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness?
    Being content with myself
    Greed, Pride and Envy
    21. What do you value most in your friends?
    Sincerity, loyalty and discretion
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess?
    Forgiveness
    From a Heart Attack or in my sleep
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    Welcome, We have a place for you!
    25. What is your motto?
    "If life gives you lemons, get some salt and tequila and make margaritas"

26. Why did you join WR?
    Because I work as a translator and I love this site
    A lot of new words
    Its friendly environment and PEOPLE ;)!!!
    Choconuez:D

Last edited:

la italianilla

Italian

Italy!
    Italy
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like.
    1.67 m
    4. Men Only:
    It depends on the situation...:D
    ALL the Italian food!!! Any kind of pasta with any kind of relish!
    "GENIALE! :D "
    "No" (peyorative meaning dark skin)
    Theater, cinema, my violin and my...boyfriend :D
    10. What turns you off?
    People who always think negative about everything
    Anne Frank's Diary.
    The Young Holden by J.D. Salinger
    Canto V Inferno - (Paolo e Francesca) by Dante Alighieri

Dante Aligheri, Giacomo Leopardi, Fabrizio De André
    None
    None
    Roberto Benigni, Maurizio Crozza and Corrado Guzzanti :D
    Enrico Berlinguer
    Screenwriter
    I don't know, when I lived in Madrid I felt good...
    Being content with myself and make happy people I love
    Pride
    Being sincere...
    Bravery
    Sleeping
    Now you know I really exist...
    25. What is your motto?
    Chi l'ha dura la vince! (He who endures will conquer)

26. Why did you join WR?
    Because I needed some help with my Spanish when I lived in Madrid.
    Different things!
    Moderators, that are very strict...:D I was joking :D ;)
    Both!

ReaperRuler

English - American
    1. What is your country of birth? USA
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 6ft 2in
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. none
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? n/a
    7. What is your favorite word? dont have one yet
    8. What is your least favorite word? again, dont have one
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? idk
    10. What turns you off? questions about what turn me on and off...
    11. What are your favorite books? im not sure
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? dont have any
    13. Who are your favorite painters? dont have any
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? none
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? none
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? im not sure
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? something other than being a student...
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? probably Japan, idk why
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? idk
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? idk
    21. What do you value most in your friends? the ability to converse
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? the ability to pick up things quickly
    23. How would you like to die? ....I dont want to think about that yet...oO
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? welcome, we have cookies and mountain dew...XD
    25. What is your motto? If you dont know the answer, cheat.

26. Why did you join WR? Because i heard about it from a friend and im trying to learn a language or three
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? not much since im new, but i did learn that its mainly a formal forum...
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? idk yet. Havent had much time to explore
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Chocolate FTW

minoski

Italian
    1. What is your country of birth? Italy
    2. What is your current country of residence? Italy
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,75 cm
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Sometimes trends go along with me, sometimes they don't (lately they rather don't..)!
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? I love food in general, when made with love.
    7. What is your favorite word? Rosa amarela (I know it's two, but come on..!).
    8. What is your least favorite word? F**a.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? A sunny day near the sea, with I guy I know speaking Brazilian in my ear... :eek: :eek:
    10. What turns you off? Fear, cowardice.
    11. What are your favorite books? I fratelli Karamazov, Autodafé, Il nome della rosa, La trilogia della città di K.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Dostoevskj, Leopardi, Montale, De André.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Subcomandante Marcos and whoever tries to make this rotten world a better place. :eek:
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Cleopatra.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Writer (of my own stuff!).
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Brazil, Mexico, Greece.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Not having to worry about next month's rent and next day's food.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Stealing from those who have nothing to be robbed of.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Honesty.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? A wonderful voice and a great a** :D
    23. How would you like to die? Happy.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Come on in girl, and don't you worry: life has just begun!
    25. What is your motto?

26. Why did you join WR? I'm always full of questions and empty of answers!
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? That there are still some places where I don't feel the odd one out :rolleyes:
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? There is always someone pityful enough to answer any questions!
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Very tough one... I invoke the Fifth Amendment :D
    c.

bb008

Caracas - Venezuela
    Hola

En mi caso:

1. What is your country of birth? - Venezuela.
    2. What is your current country of residence? Venezuela.
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,63 m.
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) En lo posible trato de estar actualizada, pero más que moda, me encanta usar algo lindo y que me quede bien, es mejor.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Primero la Venezolana y luego, la Italiana, Mexicana, Árabe, China.
    7. What is your favorite word? Hay muchas, pero mis palabras especiales son: mamá, familia, Dios, prosperidad.
    8. What is your least favorite word? Hay palabras que personalmente me parecen feas como sobaco.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Estudié arte y me apasiona mucho, creo que tengo un poquito de las tres cosas.
    10. What turns you off? La injusticia, el maltrato de niños, la violencia hacía la mujer, muchas cosas.
    11. What are your favorite books? la Biblia, todos los de Gabriel García Márquez y en especial Cien Años de Soledad, los Reyes Malditos, los libros de historias y arte.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Gabriel García Márquez, Oscar Wilde, Rabindranath Tagore y muchos más...
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Picasso, Todos los Impresionistas (todos absolutamente: Gaugin, Renoir, Manet, Monet, Matisse), Leonardo Da Vinci, Van Gogh.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Los Super Héroes, Gasparín el fantasma amigable, Shazzam, entre otros.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Mis Abuelos Maternos y Mi mamá.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Hay muchos, pero están los artistas como Leonardo Da Vinci, Miguel Angel. Mahatma Ghandi, Madre Teresa de Calcuta, entre otros.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Me gustaría haber sido astronauta o arquitecto.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? ¡Dios! esto es un poco más difícil de decidir, pero hay varios: Canadá, Inglaterra, Brasil.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Que no hubiese contaminación ambiental y caza de animales, que no existiera los agresores de niños cualquiera que sea su denominación y la guerra.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? el maltrato y agresión a los niños, el racismo.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Valoró la sinceridad y la bondad.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Mi don natural es mi creatividad y agilidad y todo lo que realizó con mis manos en especial en el área del arte.
    23. How would you like to die? Le tengo miedo a la muerte, sólo de pensarlo me mortifica, así que esperó que por lo menos no sea ahogada, ni quemada, eso si que sea rápido, que ni me de cuenta.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Si llegó al paraíso o al cielo cómo quién dice, espero que Dios me diga: "Bienvenida".
    25. What is your motto? "Dale, que tu puedes".
    26. Why did you join WR? Me uní por casualidad, pero valió la pena.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Muchísimas cosas, pero sobre todo WR hace que uno disfruté del conocimiento.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Conocer a las personas, lo mucho que saben, la interrelación cultural.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Las dos, si el chocolate es marca nutella, bienvenido, si es otra marca de chocolate bienvenido, pero si es venezolano, mucho mejor.

Saludos.-:)

charisma_classic

English, U.S.A.
    1. What is your country of birth? - USA.
    2. What is your current country of residence? USA.
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5'10"
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) I would say I'm quite fashionable. :)
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? I tend to dislike certain ingredients rather than an entire category.
    7. What is your favorite word? zephyr
    8. What is your least favorite word? I dislike it so much, I'd rather not type it.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Deep and passionate feelings and the expression thereof.
    10. What turns you off? Apathy.
    11. What are your favorite books? A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Pillars of the Earth, the Torah
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? I have many. There are so many authors whose works are worthwhile, and I hope to explore them all during my life.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Picasso, Dali
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Hmmm. I don't really have any.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? My mother and my sister.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? international civil rights and women's rights leaders
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I would love to be a zoologist.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? I don't think I'd really want to live anywhere else (despite what I may say when I complain about the politicians) but I would love to visit many others.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Having every earthly need met so that I can live a comfortable and peaceful life surrounded by those I love.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? complete separation from love of any kind
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Sincerity and a good sense of humor
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? I would love to be able to carry a tune. I studied theatre for years and was always very limited because of my horrible voice.
    23. How would you like to die? Peacefully.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear G-d (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome.
    25. What is your motto? Life is not a dress rehearsal.
    26. Why did you join WR? I am a translator. I found the website. I had a question. My question was answered and I was instantly hooked.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? That you never stop learning a language, even if it's your native tongue
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? There are people from all over the world coming together and offering insight from so many perspectives.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Can I spread the Nutella on the (dark) chocolate?

ROSANGELUS

Español
    1. What is your country of birth? VENEZUELA
    2. What is your current country of residence? VENEZUELA
    3. What is your height in feet / centimeters or whatever standard of measurement you like. 1:59 cmts.
    4. Only men: facial hair ornaments, if any. N / A
    5. Only women: How are you trendy? (As, Fun, Funky, charming ...) Classic.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Creole food ... the flag of venezuela(pabellón Criollo), ribs in barbecue sauce.(costillitas de cerdo)
    7. What is your favorite word? Love , I'like in spanish (Amor)
    8. What is your least favorite word? Fear
    9. What makes you creatively, spiritually or emotionally? The peace of mind. (tranquilidad espiritual)
    10. What turns you off? The Selfishness, despotism at all levels, injustice.
    11. What are your favorite books? The Little prince ... and of spiritual growth.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and / or writers? Deepack Chopra ... in another style, I love Gabriel García Márquez, and Ernesto Sabato.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Miguel Ángel Rodríguez Zorita (mi amor), Reveron, Dali, Picasso ...
    14. Who are your heroes or heroines of fiction? Neo
    15. Who are your heroes or heroines in real life? My grandmother and my mother Fredeswinda ...
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Manuela and Simón Bolívar ... Ernesto Che Guevara, Martin Luther King. (Fighters ...)
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to try? Architect ... I was on the verge. : (
    18 In which country other than their own would you like to live? Switzerland, Australia.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Sharing with my family and loved ones in peace healthy.
    20. What do you see as the lowest depth of misery? Selfishness, and injustice.
    21. What value in most of your friends? Loyalty, good conversation and good mood.
    22. What natural gift that you like to own? Altruism, simplicity.
    23. How would you like to die? At peace with myself.
    24. If heaven exists, what would you like to listen to God (or deity of your choice) say when they arrive at the Pearly Gates? Bless you, tell me now, ¿you want to do? ...
    25. What is your motto? Live as if the last day of your life.

Three of four bonus questions:

26. Why join WR? Looking for a word in Google, sent me to this wonderful page ...
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? A known, valued and enjoyed this world of learning and virtual companionship.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The diversity of views, and its participants ...
    29. Chocolate or Nuetella?:D Nutella, no doubt ... I also love all the chocolates containing hazelnut (specialty Ferrero) ... Toronto, carré hazelnut ... (The latter brand Venezuelan)

Saludos
    Rosa;)

Camilo1964

Spanish - Venezuela
    1. What is your country of birth? Venezuela
    2. What is your current country of residence? Venezuela
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5'10"
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. Full beard
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Chocolate, Cheese, Pasta, Sundried Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Bread, Meatballs
    7. What is your favorite word? Breeze / Ángulo
    8. What is your least favorite word? Subtle / Sobaco
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music: Bach, Mozart, Scarlatti, Lizt, Debussy, Heitor Villa-Lobos, U2, Queen, Coldplay, Ella Fitzgerald
    10. What turns you off? Politics, War, Starvation
    11. What are your favorite books? Inventario (Mario Benedetti), Sobre la misma tierra (Gallegos), Rayuela (Cortázar), La Tabla de Flandes (Pérez-Reverte), Much Ado About Nothing (Shakespeare)
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Benedetti
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Jackson Pollock, Pablo Picasso
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Batman!!!
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Doctors, Firefighters, Police Officers, Soldiers
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Jesus Christ
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Cheff, Bartender, Aviator
    18. In what country other than your own would you like to live? Spain, Australia, Canada
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? To live on the seaside
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? War and any kind of discrimination

21. What do you value most in your friends? To bear with me
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? To dance (just like Fred Astaire or Baryshnikov):D
    23. How would you like to die? Very Quickly
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Well done, pal!!!
    25. What is your motto? Si del cielo te caen limones, aprende a hacer limonada

26. Why did you join WR? I was looking for a translation into English of the phrase (in Spanish): Archivos Muertos and Google suggested WR as an option.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? I can't express how much I've learnt here
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The talent of foreros
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Very dark and bitter chocolate

Last edited:

Mangato

SPAIN (Galicia)
    1. What is your country of birth? Spain
    Spain
    I haven’t chifres
    Mediterranean food, Tropical food
    Saudade
    Evilness
    The women
    10. What turns you off?
    The war
    Cien años de soledad, La Colmena, Los Santos Inocentes.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? García Lorca, Espronceda, Jorge Manrique, Rosalia Castro, Neruda / García Marquez, Vargas Llosa, Blasco Ibañez, Cela
    Antonio Lopez, Dalí, Velázquez, Tiziano, Rubens, Tintoretto, Ribera, Toulouse Lautrec, Modigliani….
    Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction?
    Maki Navaja, Barbarella

Vicente Ferrer

Viriato, Caupolicán,

Bon vivant

Brasil

The tropical sea, a lovely woman, a sunset, a hammock…

Avarice
    What do you value most in your friends? The sincerity and the loyalty
    A lot of sense humour
    Old age, in my bed
    Welcome, how are you
    25. What is your motto?
    Tudo o que e bom não dura para sempre, mas o suficiente para se tornar inesquecivel

26. Why did you join WR?
    Curiosity
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Many words(portugués)
    The PM
    [/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana]CHOCOLATE [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=red][FONT=Verdana]ice cream (and strawberrys)[/FONT][/COLOR]

miguel64086

Chile, but living in USA (Spanish/English)
    1. What is your country of birth? Chile
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 162 cms
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. none. Well, glasses, but they are no decoration.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Anything from the middle east to India, and in between.
    7. What is your favorite word? the new ones that I learn. The newest one: roughage.
    8. What is your least favorite word? The new ones that it's hard to pronounce: roughage.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? intellectual curiosity
    10. What turns you off? people without curiosity or the will to learn.
    11. What are your favorite books? Too many to list, but let's start with Cien Años de Soledad, Pantealón y las Visitadoras, Retrato en Sepia....
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Neruda, Gabriel García Márquez, Isabel Allende, Benedetti, etc
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Salvador Dalí
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? don´t read fiction with heroes...
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Jesus Christ
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Ab Lincoln
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Musician... but I lack the skills
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? EU. but I never been there...
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? I just had a kid (yesterday)... so I´m already happy
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Lack of compassion
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Support systems
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? I would like to learn how to read people
    23. How would you like to die? Don´t care about death... I know where I´m going
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Would you like to go back? kidding...
    25. What is your motto? Si la vida te da la espalda, tócale el culo!

26. Why did you join WR? I am an occassional free lance translator... and then I stayed for the fun.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? The USA might have a lot of cultural diversity, but they aren´t too friendly as they like to think they are.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Respect and sense of community.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Chocolate!

Cheesee = Madness

Canadian English
    1. What is your country of birth? Canada
    2. What is your current country of residence? Canada (the other side of it)
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. I'm six feet tall
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. None noticable
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian foods, and pizza in particular.
    7. What is your favorite word? Cheese
    8. What is your least favorite word? Political-Correctness (Tis one word now :))
    10. What turns you off? Purposless rudeness
    11. What are your favorite books? Sci-fi
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? David Weber, John Ringo, David Eddings
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Da vinci
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Zib from Invader Zim, and Charley Epps from Numb3rs.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? My math teacher. (Long story)
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Einstein
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Journalism
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? I would love to live in Australia.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? A nice warm house overlooking fields of snow, with a cup of hot chocolate in my hand.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Barney
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Intelligence
    23. How would you like to die? In a zombie invasion, saving hundreds of people.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Hello. Glad you could make it. Lets go grab some bruskis, and play some Halo.
    25. What is your motto? Cheesee = Madness

26. Why did you join WR? To get help with my French homework
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Stupidity is a life-choice
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The people
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Chocolate

Cabeza tuna

Chilean Spanish & Chilean Coa
    Chile
    Also Chile
    1.75 Mts
    Some beard and shaved head.
    Chilean, Chinese, American (hamburguers fries and all that stuff)
    Serendipity
    Pololo (a) (Means boyfriend or girlfriend in CHile and i think is an ugly word for such beutiful thing).
    Blueprint (really)
    10. What turns you off?
    Badwords.
    The lobsang rapa histories and John Grisham books
    Again Lobsang Rampa, John Grisham, Douglas Coupland
    Roberto Matta
    Batman because he is not a real super hero he is just super rich.
    Police men and people like doctor ithout borders.
    Jose Miguel Carrera (first general of the Chilean Army), and all the generals of army tan we have in my family.
    F1 Driver.
    Russia or in Dubai.
    A sunset with my grilfriend or sleep with the sun on my face.
    Steal.
    Loyalty
    More homour.
    Having sex hahaha
    Welcome perrito papurri papa chigua chigua!
    25. What is your motto?
    What chucha is happening here?

26. Why did you join WR?
    Because is the only webpage than i can see in my job.
    A lot of things.
    The jokes between all.
    Vainilla :D

My answers!

xymox

English, French - Canada
    1. What is your country of birth? Canada
    2. What is your current country of residence? Spain
    3. What is your height . -------
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. --------
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) -------
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Pasta, olives, fresh greens, greek, lebanese and so much more!
    7. What is your favorite word? peace
    8. What is your least favorite word? gun
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? the best music in the world.........silence, otherwise the sight and sound of the sea.
    10. What turns you off? Noise
    11. What are your favorite books? Too many
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Mordechei Richler, Alexandre Dumas, Ben Elton, a few others and many non-fiction writers.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Magritte, Dalí, Klimt, ...
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? The Pink Panther
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? They're history
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Churchill, Fleming, Einstein, and a few more.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? lawyer
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? healthiness
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? War
    21. What do you value most in your friends? honesty, being in their company.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Healing
    23. How would you like to die? Never ;)
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? How was your trip to hell?
    25. What is your motto?Let's give peace and justice a chance

26. Why did you join WR? Looking up a word and asking the forum.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? That I still have lots to learn
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? learning
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Turró de xocolata!

Last edited:

cycloneviv

English - Australia
    1. What is your country of birth? Australia
    2. What is your current country of residence? Australia
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. practically 5'7"
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) As in following current fashions? I never do that! On the other hand, am I stylish? Definitely, if I do say so myself. ;)
    6. What are your favourite foods (by category)? Too many to mention.
    7. What is your favourite word? Too many to mention - bathplug is pretty good.
    8. What is your least favourite word? I'm with Jessica C on this one: "whatever!"
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? fun things, altruism, black humour.
    10. What turns you off? nastiness and wilful ignorance.
    11. What are your favourite books? There are far too many to mention.
    12. Who are your favourite poets and/or writers? P G Wodehouse, Arthur Ransome, Enid Nesbit, Garrison Keilor, Dorothy L Sayers, Ngaio Marsh, Philip K Dick, Vonnegut, e e cummings etc etc.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Franz Marc, Van Gogh, Turner, etc etc (and me..! well, sometmes - when I'm in the zone.)
    14. Who are your favourite heroes or heroines of fiction? Lord Peter Wimsey, Roderick Alleyn (Why do I keep falling in love with fictional detectives?!)
    15. Who are your favourite heroes or heroines in real life? I don't go in much for heroes/heroines. I prefer real people with human strengths and weaknesses.
    16. Who are your favourite characters in history? I've always admired the goddess Athena, but I suppose she's not quite historical...
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Something to do with animal caring would be good.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? I find that every country/every population has its attractive points - I wouldn't rule anywhere out.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Pure happiness? Doesn't exist and would be terribly boring if it did.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Easy one that. Feeling suicidal.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Patience, humour and compassion.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? The ability to eat whatever I want to and for it not to cause health problems or make me put on weight. :D
    23. How would you like to die? Quietly and peacefully and/or quickly and obliviously.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Not applicable :D
    25. What is your motto? Mottos are very silly things.

26. Why did you join WR? I was struggling my way through a French novel.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? One person's "this expresion is obvious" is another person's "please provide adequate context". :D
    28. What is your favourite thing about WR? Learning new things every day and the great people here.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Chocolate - good quality dark chocolate.

Giorgio Lontano

Guatemala - Español
    1. What is your country of birth? Guatemala
    2. What is your current country of residence? Guatemala
    3. What is your height? 1.77 m
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. Beard
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky, Lovely…)
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Guatemalan, Italian, Brazilian, Japanese, Chinese ("local" Cantonese, that is)
    7. What is your favorite word? Love
    8. What is your least favorite word? Impossible
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? A good challenge
    10. What turns you off? Yelling
    11. What are your favorite books? Roots, Los Nazarenos, Crónica de una Muerte Anunciada, Don Quijote de la Mancha, and more...
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Augusto Monterroso, Cervantes, José Milla, García Márquez
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Leonardo da Vinci, Rembrandt, Van Gogh
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Peter Parker
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Firemen
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Sir Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? F-16 Pilot
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Brazil, Italy
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Eating a sweet mango, lying in a hammock, by the beach.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Disrespect for life.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Their loyalty
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? To be super-charming
    23. How would you like to die? Old, old, old... during my sleep.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome in!
    25. What is your motto? "Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier". Mother Teresa of Calcutta.

26. Why did you join WR? To learn Portuguese.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Everything I know of Portuguese.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Where else could I find people that like talking about languages as much as I do? And great people too!
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Chocolate, the darker the better.

My bonus question:
    30. Do you consider WR addictive? Very!

:D

Last edited:

Pinairun

3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,62 m
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Classic
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? All, except oysters.
    7. What is your favorite word? Life
    8. What is your least favorite word? Death
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Nature
    10. What turns you off? Racism
    11. What are your favorite books? La sombra del ciprés es alargada, Viento del este, viento del oeste, Exodo, Crimen y castigo.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Delibes, Dostoievski, Uris, Maugham, Twain, Buck, José Hierro.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Vermeer, Antonio López, Velázquez, Caravaggio, van Gogh.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? None.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Everybody who can smile after his own child is died.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Renaissance humanists.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? A teacher.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Anywhere, in the mountains
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? To be at peace with oneself
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Violence against children
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Everything, they are my friends!
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? To be able of singing.
    23. How would you like to die? Asleep
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? You took ages!
    25. What is your motto? Live and let live

26. Why did you join WR? I like words and grammar
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Many things!
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Respect
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Dark chocolate

Agró

Spanish-Navarre
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1'82 (meters, not feet)
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. A few white hairs (still countable)
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Any.
    7. What is your favorite word? Julivert (that's Catalan for Parsley)
    8. What is your least favorite word? Nunca (Spanish for Never)
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? The sea.
    10. What turns you off? Orthodoxy.
    11. What are your favorite books? The ones made of paper.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Salvat Papasseit, Roselló-Pòrcel, Leonardo Sciascia.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Caravaggio.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Salvo Montalbano.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Doctors (most of them)
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Empedocles.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Farmer, Zoologist.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Madagascar.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Loving (and being loved by) my wife.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Wars.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Being true friends.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Musical abilities.
    23. How would you like to die? Peacefully.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Come on in through along by... (by then I'll have learned English prepositions)
    25. What is your motto? Make Love, Not War.

26. Why did you join WR? Out of curiosity.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? So many things...
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Wonderful knowledgeable people.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Either.

Thou

French
    1. What is your country of birth? Canada ( I wish I could say Quebec)
    2. What is your current country of residence? Quebec :)
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 186cm
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. Nothing unusual
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? I like Japanese, german, french and many others as well
    7. What is your favorite word? Unless :p
    8. What is your least favorite word? I don't have a one that come to my mind.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? History
    10. What turns you off?People who don't respect books
    11. What are your favorite books?There is way to many! Who could I remember?
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Shakespeare, Homer, Robert Jordan
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Picasso, Monnet
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Achilles, Odysseus
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Dunno...
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Hannibal, William Wallace, Richard III, Thomas Cromwell, Guillaume II, William the Conqueror, Nicolas Machiavell
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? No jobs for right now. I am still a student.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? England, that's for sure
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Silence
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?To have to bow down to get what you want, no pride at all. The noisy people who don't care about respecting others.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? How they are able to stick with me, even though I am not that social. :p
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? Go back to the past
    23. How would you like to die? I don't have any preference, but no suicide.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Who the hell let him pass?
    25. What is your motto? Everyone die. It's just a matter of when and why.
    Four bonus questions:

26. Why did you join WR? I needed some nice words for a play that I was writing for my english class
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Nice words in English
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Fiability
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Dunno. I don't eat that.

dwhs

english
    1. What is your country of birth? USA
    2. What is your current country of residence? Costa Rica
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 190.50
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. nope
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Chill, simple, with style
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Sushi Roku in LA, Seafood Enterprise Fish Venice, Italian Pascucci's in SB, Californian Rustic Canyon, Anything home cooked.
    7. What is your favorite word? Word
    8. What is your least favorite word? I don't like to cuss
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Women, then helping people and Animals
    10. What turns you off? Selfishness
    11. What are your favorite books? Alchemist, Anything Clive Barker, Fact Based Misc
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? I love quotes, there has been so many thousands I have loved who knows who wrote them all. Not big on poetry unless I know the person.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? I like thick hard strokes, preferably in oil.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Iron Man is pretty awesome.
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Mothers, Fathers, people that do the right thing even thought though don't have to and know might not even know.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? I think it's sad how we only remember certain names because they where written in a book, the story back you can assure is not the same. For example Ben Franklyn didn't invent Electricity yet the books will always say he did. My favorite chacters are the ones that did something great and got screwed by some guy with money and power.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Hotel and Restaurant management.
    Spain, Thailand, Brazil, Monaco, South Africa
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Balance and Tolerance
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? People who do not respect children and their importance to the world.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Honesty and little drama
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? A biiiig memory
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Not bad, not bad
    25. What is your motto? Your good is defined by what you think when no one listens.

26. Why did you join WR? To speak Spanish better
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? How to say certain terms better
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The activity and simpleness
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D creme brulee, german chocolate, or apple ala mode

Thanks for reading, Cheers!

elirlandes

Ireland English
    1. What is your country of birth? Ireland (Northern Ireland)
    2. What is your current country of residence? Ireland (the other bit)
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 175cm
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. Five o'clock shadow from time to time
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Dapper
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? A good steak well bar-b-qued, Indian, and any other that comes with good company
    7. What is your favorite word? smile, kiss
    8. What is your least favorite word? momentarily (and any other that is regularly used wrongly)
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Chopin (Piano études etc), good sports well played
    10. What turns you off? hypocracy
    11. What are your favorite books? Any of Shakespeare's works, La Peste (Camus)
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Wilde, Yeats, Heaney, Kavanagh, Shakespeare
    13. Who are your favorite painters/artists? Botero, Le Broquy, Bernard Buffet
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Fionn Mac Cumhall, Cú Chulainn
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? My father; Michael Collins
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history/legend? The Fianna, the Red Branch Nights
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Musician or writer
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? France, Spain, Argentina, Italy; United States of Europe
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Watching my children enjoying themselves, hugged by my wife
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Poverty as we have allowed it to exist in certain parts of the world.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Honesty and honour
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? compassion
    23. How would you like to die? I'd like to avoid it for as long as possible, but when it comes, whatever way creates the least fuss...
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome back
    25. What is your motto? I have none, but I live by the idea of being happy by simply deciding to be happy. It seems to work...

Four bonus questions:

26. Why did you join WR? I found WR through curiousity about language, and discovered there was so much more to see
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? That I know nothing, and that there is so much interesting stuff to learn from so many interesting people
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The banter, and the finding of a new and better way to express myself
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Chocolate of any sort - recently, especially Chocolate Raisins

Loob

English UK
    2. What is your current country of residence? England
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.62m
    4. Men Only: Facial hair adornments, if any. Moustache Oops.
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Kind of sloppy, really. But lovely.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Chips & prawns (not together).
    7. What is your favorite word? Flobble.
    8. What is your least favorite word? A four-letter English swear word beginning with 'c' that I can't bring myself to write:(.
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Humour.
    10. What turns you off? Pomposity.
    11. What are your favorite books? In the sense of books that I would keep reading and re-reading...? At the moment, probably anything by Terry Pratchett.
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Poet: Wendy Cope.
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Ewie, of course.
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? I don't think I have any. Though T Pratchett's Death is rather sexy....
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? My friend Julia. Who in nearly 30 years of friendship has always, somehow, been there exactly when I needed her.
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? I've always had a soft spot for Richard III, who was outrageously done down by W Shakespeare.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Helicopter pilot.
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Spain. Or Canada.
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Having a secretary-cum-cleaner.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Injustice.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Kindness. And laughter.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? I'd love to be able to make people laugh. Sadly, I'm a miserable old booger.
    23. How would you like to die? Quickly, but not yet.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I don't think it does, so I can't answer this question:(.
    25. What is your motto? I don't have one.

26. Why did you join WR? As I recall, I wanted to know how to say "glass-bottomed boat" in Spanish & Portuguese.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? How little I know.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? Learning new things every day.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? The answer's obvious, surely?

Last edited:

Vikinga-Guadalupana

(Mexican) Spanish - (USA) English
    I decided to join the fun :D

México

US

Um... 1.60m, or about 5'4"

You mean, you don't want to know about my sexy female mustache?

More like "whatever is clean and not too wrinkled"

Favorite? By category? *confused* I'll randomly throw some in: Beef - bloody rare. Asian cuisine. Homemade bread.

It's not a real word, but I use it alot. Nosogros (Us + Ogres)

"hate". Way too strong and used too freely

Rain, music, lightning, my spouse, cold weather. Driving very fast, whith music blearing.

10. What turns you off?
    Sun-light, heat, noise. Politics.

Don't have a favorite book, there are too many out there. Favorite generes though: Fantasy, History, Biography.

Robert Jordan, Ann Price.... Er... Have I mentioned my memory is not very good?

I'm more into photography than paintings... But no favorites.

Loky (Norse mithology), Severus Snape (Harry Potter), Richard (Looking For Group), Boromir (LOTR)

Benjamin. And too many others to write down. Anyone who does what's right, regardless of losses or gains, is on my list.

Jeanne d'Arc, Ghandi, Martin Luther King.

Many. Archeology, Biology (Mammals), writing, directing movies, training animals, animation... and the list goes on and on and on :p

Germany, Japan, Costa Rica, Canada.

Anything I do with Benjamin: spending hours playing "WoW", watching a movie, other stuff we do together.

2 weeks from now. He will be leaving for México and will stay there 1+ months.

Honesty.

Photographic memory, being able to sing.

I would not. But knowing I did what I was meant to do, in the best way I could. Swift and painless, please.

Pfft! About time you finished your task :) Take a week and you'll go back.

25. What is your motto?
    I think I have not introduced you to my boot yet...

26. Why did you join WR?
    I had been toying with the idea, and then some one asked about a "Tonometro"... :)

A lot of stuff. From translations, to idioms. How little I know of Spanish and English.

The users! No matter how bad my day was, someone is always making me chuckle :)

What? Where? *hides both jars*

Last edited:
    Brazil

Brazil

1.77 m

No beard. Too scarce to have one.

Brazilian and Middle-Eastern cuisines.

None in special.

Business.

Music; musicians.

10. What turns you off?
    Business.

1984; L'homme revolté.

Albert Camus; George Orwell; Herberto Sales; Plínio Marcos.

Marc Chagall.

None in special.

The proles.

Rock'n'rollers.

Shoemaker.

France.

Enjoying myself with friends.

Having no one to talk to.

Sympathy.

Singing.

The quickest and most unpainful way possible.

Feel at ease!

25. What is your motto?
    Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

26. Why did you join WR?
    I really can't remember. Felt curious, maybe.

A few interesting things and a bit of sensibility.

The diversity of people.

How much are they again?

XiaoRoel

galego, español
    Galicia, España.

Galicia.

1.70 m.

A veces barba y melena a lo hippie.

Marisco, pescado blanco de mar, carne de vacuno, empanadas y pulpo a la gallega.
    Ronsel (surco que deja el barco la navegar, en gallego)

Fascismo.
    Las bellas artes, especialmente la poesía y la música tradicional.

10. What turns you off?
    El ruído y la política.

Muchos. Lazarillo de Tormes, El Buscón, Las Soledades, la poesía medieval gallegoportuguesa, Axion esti (O. Elytis), los Poemas de Catulo. La Ilíada en griego. Las crónicas del sochantre. Menina e moça. Satiricón.

Los líricos griegos antiguos y en lo moderno Elytis; Rosalía Castro, Valle Inclán, Galdós, Cunqueiro, Alfonso X, Góngora, Quevedo, Pessoa (Álvaro de Campos), Machado de Assis, Huysmans, Villon, Queneau, Italo Calvino, etc., etc.

El Bosco, Velázquez, Murillo, Valdés Leal, Delacroix, Goya, Dalí, Pissarro.

Lazarillo y el buscón don Pablos.

Cipriano Mera.

Cipriano Mera.

Arqueología.

Portugal.

Una buena bebida de ron o una caipirinha y un buen libro (traducciones no, gracias).

Un mes en Brasil y una semana en Marruecos. La sociedad de mi niñez española y portuguesa.
    Su inteligencia y buen decir.

Habilidad manual.

Bien puesto de opiáceos o durmiendo.
    Absolutamente ateo. Eso de dios y el cielo, para mí pertenece al folclore.

25. What is your motto?
    Estudiar continuamente.

26. Why did you join WR?
    Por casualidad

Soy filólogo, creo que esto basta.

Los foreros inteligentes y no repetitivos.
    Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate en todas sus formas, maneras y aspectos.

kenaida

Mexican Spanish
    1. What is your country of birth? Mexico
    2. What is your current country of residence? La Paz B.C.S, Mexico
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.61 cm.
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) I'm the serious type I guess...
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? spaghetti, cheese, broccoli, ice-cream, cinnamon, ginger
    7. What is your favorite word? Brillar
    8. What is your least favorite word? Inútil
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? the wind, high places, read something that brings me memories...
    10. What turns you off? odio, hipocresia, mentiras,
    11. What are your favorite books? Gates of fire, Le Petit Prince, Platero el burrito, Diablo Guardian
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Edgar Allan Poe, Federico García Lorca, Anne Rice, Oscar wilde
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Vincent Van Gogh, Salvador Dali
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Spiderman and Batman
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? People who fight for and pursue their dreams
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Alexander the Great, Plato, Martin Luther King Jr.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?Chef, Pilot, Fahion Designer, scientist....
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Tokyo, France, Italy
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? to look at my past and smile and to live my present enjoying what I have
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? to wallow in self pity
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Honesty, to be themselves, respect
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? it would be awsome if I could Fly!, teleportation as well.
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? It was fun, wasn't it?
    25. What is your motto? Quitters Never Win and Winners Never Quit. I read it some time ago and since them those lines just come to my mind wherever I feel down, and always make me Smile

26. Why did you join WR? One day I realize that every word I need it, I always found it in WR then when I look carefully and noticed that actually I could sign in, I thought "yay"
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? several and useful words and take care in my writing.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? the forum where I can ask about my doubts and take part in the
    discussions
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Chocolate.... Dark Chocolate!

Calambur

Castellano (rioplatense) - Lunfardo
    En la Argentina.

En la Argentina.

1.65 m

Me gusta sentirme cómoda y suelo vestir de sport, pero a veces me disfrazo (y eso me divierte).

Los productos de huerta, los lácteos, y los huevos. Soy ovolactovegetariana.

"mamita" o "mamuchi" (formas cariñosas de dirigirme a cada una de mis gatas; para el gato las transformo en "papuchi").

Basura.

Las cartas de tarot.

10. What turns you off?
    La crueldad con los animales.

Unos cuantos... El Quijote; Cien años de soledad -considero que es una novela de tarot-; TODOS los libros de Fernando Vallejo; El Buscón, y la poesía satírica de Quevedo; ¡y ya!... no quiero cansar.

Quevedo, Lope de Vega, y Fernando Vallejo.

El Bosco; Goya; Dalí; Brueghel, el viejo.

El "loco" de las "autoficciones" de Fernando Vallejo.

Fernando Vallejo y nadie más -es mi alma gemela, si es que existe tal cosa-.

Favoritos, ninguno. Detestado: Felipe II de España.

Ninguna. Me siento bien con mis gustos/aficiones.

Uruguay.

Que una bomba biológica selectiva destruyera a la dañina especie humana, para que el resto de los seres vivos -animales y vegetales- pudieran vivir en armonía. No me importaría estar justo debajo de donde cayera esa bomba...

El ser humano, con algunas pocas excepciones.

El sentido del humor y la inteligencia.

Buen oído para la música.

Durmiendo.

No puedo imaginar tal cosa. Gracias a dios, soy atea.:rolleyes:

25. What is your motto?
    Si no respetás a los animales, imposible que seas mi amigo.

26. Why did you join WR?
    De carambola. Buscando algo en el diccionario para una traducción.

Que cada uno interpreta/entiende lo que puede.

Me gustan los foristas que explican las cosas en forma concisa, ordenada y clara, y los que tienen sentido del humor.

Ninguno. Para mí, vino y whisky.:D

Last edited:

catlady60

English-US (New York City)
    Dear Foreros and Foreras,

In celebration of the Forum's 1,000,000th post,
    we (your mod team) thought it time we get to know each and everyone of you a little better. We've put together a list of questions you are welcome to answer as part of this thread - and of course, we answered them too (even Mike), so you can get to know us. This thread will only be open for a limited period of time,
    so please answer as soon as you can.

With nods to Marcel Proust, Bernard Pivot
    and noted philosopher Raphus Cucullatus, we present
    the WR "Twenty-Five Questions."
    :D

1. What is your country of birth? United States (New York City)
    2. What is your current country of residence? United States (Pennsylvania)
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 5'7"/170cm
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) casual, but neat. Why do you ask only the women about fashion? Men can be fashionable, too.
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Italian, but would be open to try other foods. Especially since I'm chunky and am forever on a diet :(
    7. What is your favorite word? Serendipity (English), saudade (Portuguese)
    8. What is your least favorite word? Torture
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Poetry, beautiful music (not that noise that passes for music replete with swear words), a deep understanding of my place in God's universe, friends, and love (which I've lacked for 18 years).
    10. What turns you off? Intentional cruelty to animals, human inhumanity to other humans
    11. What are your favorite books? Cat Talk by Sonya Fitzpatrick
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Richard Lederer: he has a collection of books containing hilarious English bloopers (the "Anguished English" series)
    13. Who are your favorite painters? None I can think of off the top of my head
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? Robin Hood
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? Mother Teresa, Pope John Paul II
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Too many to list here.
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Psychologist
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Portugal--where else? (Outsider, would you like to trade places?:D)
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Relaxing with a book in my hands, my cat purring on my lap, and a decent man to call my own.
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? Seeing other people and animals abused for the sake of profit, dishonesty, and a wholesale attitude of selfishness.
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Honesty, a good sense of humor, the ability to appreciate my quirks.
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? A longer attention span.
    23. How would you like to die? Peacefully, preferably in my sleep--but not yet!
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? Welcome home. You've done a great job.
    25. What is your motto? Diamonds may be a girl's best friend, but a woman's best friend is her cat.

26. Why did you join WR? I stumbled onto WR to look for baseball terminology--and to shake the rust off my Portuguese--all I need to do now is learn to use this freakin' English keyboard I have to create the accents. :( I just can't memorize them! I'm still shy about posting in the Portuguese forums (sorry)
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? My long-repressed Lusophilia has come back to the forefrong after 20 years of burying it in my subconscious. No wonder I have been so darn depressed.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? I love the diversity of languages and cultures of many people around the world. I'm learning how others live.
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D Chocolate!!! I never tasted Nutella.

Lurrezko

Spanish (Spain) / Catalan
    España
    España
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like.[/FONT]
    1,73 cm.
    Me da pereza afeitarme
    Cualquiera que previamente haya caminado
    Música
    Religión
    El mar
    10. What turns you off?
    El dogmatismo y la falta de sentido del humor, que viene a ser lo mismo
    Me leo hasta las tarjetas de metro
    Borges, Borges y quizá Borges. También algunos otros
    Sorolla, Antonio López
    Mortadelo
    Ninguno
    El capitán Burton
    Rentista, en 4a acepción
    Argentina, Islandia
    Una playa desierta y un libro. Y algo de catering, puestos a pedir
    La crueldad con los indefensos
    El hecho de que lo sean ya es un trabajo arduo. Pedir más sería abusar
    El don de lenguas
    Rápido
    Es un supuesto altamente improbable. De ocurrir, hablaría yo primero, me iba a oír...
    25. What is your motto?
    No molestes

Four bonus questions:

26. Why did you join WR?
    Por casualidad
    Voy aprendiendo humildad, virtud que ya debería tener, puesto que está en mi alias. Pero el macho-alfa no se deja embridar fácilmente...
    Los foreros que exponen con la máxima claridad sin perder la mínima complejidad
    ¿Qué es Nutella?

Last edited:

Ottilie

Romanian(1st) / Russian (2nd)
    USSR

Moldova(actually same)

172 cm

Funky

Lebanese,Caucasian,French cuisine.

Mountains

Must

Landscapes,music.

10. What turns you off?
    Discipline,religion,traditions.

Fight club

Bukowski,Sartre,Kafka,Pahalaniuk, Маяковский

None especially

None especially

None

None

Rocketscientist

Austria,Switzerland,Germany

Getting to know myself and human mind

To live and die alone

The fact that some of them really help me when I am down.

To be a genius

Happy

Free drinks!

25. What is your motto?
    I have to become better.

26. Why did you join WR?
    Not for a particular reason

Some English expressions

Large number of members,quick answers

Nutella isn't chocolate?

Last edited:

maidinbedlam

Moderanged
    Spanish - Spain
    Spain (Madrid)
    Galicia-Spain
    162 cm
    Casual
    Anything except meat that bleeds
    Revolution
    Guilt
    Written word
    10. What turns you off?
    Stupidity
    Impossible to choose. Poetry, medieval epics, classic and contemporary novels
    If I really had to choose, Carpentier and Lorca
    Picasso, Kandinsky, lately Rousseau
    Geoffrey Firmin, and others who have taken a walk in hell
    Those who fell for their ideals in the recent history of my country
    Aspasia: cultured lady and wordly girl.
    Musician
    England, but only temporarily.
    My sons' smiles. My friends' company. Some good loving.
    Loneliness
    Intelligence, sense of humor, honesty.
    A beautiful voice for singing
    In bed
    I'm an atheist but...Here you can learn without limits would be nice.
    25. What is your motto?
    Never to be hurtful on purpose.

26. Why did you join WR?
    I found it looking for help with words.
    That discussing language is much funnier and healthier than watching TV.
    The human factor.

The darkest chocolate I can find.

Last edited:

Omanaite

Spanish - Argentina
    Argentina
    Argentina
    I have no idea... 1m70 cm?
    None. No beard, sadly.
    Asado, all sorts of pasta, Pringles.
    AWESOME
    Sofa
    Music, films and inner feelings.
    10. What turns you off?
    Politics, the World, mathematics.
    Orwell's "Animal Farm"; Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings Trilogy; everything ever written by Jules Verne.
    Jules Verne
    Never had a taste for paintings.
    Captain Nemo; Dulkancellin (from Liliana Bodoc's "Saga de los Confines"); Commander Shepard (Mass Effect series)
    Don Ross, Roberto Carnaghi.
    Juan Domingo Perón (his work and life is incredibly interesting).
    Professional musician, voice actor... considering I'm still in high school, that's quite a lot of options.
    Germany, Canada, England
    A life of self-discovery and knowledge; creating art; Pringles.
    A meaningless existence.
    Their trust and loyalty, and their ability to make me laugh.
    Absolute pitch; creating Pringles out of the palm of my hand.
    Happy. And in a manner I won't never, ever return as a zombie.
    "I HAVE AN INFINITE NUMBER OF PRINGLES' TUBES FOR YOU, MY SON!"
    25. What is your motto?
    "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

26. Why did you join WR?
    Because I have a lot of free time, a love for english and an obsession with the Internet.
    A LOT
    The ammount of people willing to help each other for the sake of knowledge.
    Chocolate covered in Nutella, alongside Pringles.

Hello everyone!

bondia

English-England
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1.70m
    5. Women Only: How fashionable are you? (Tailored, Fun, Funky , Lovely…) Casual
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? Vietnamese, pasta, coeur de beouf tomatoes from my garden
    7. What is your favorite word? Peace
    8. What is your least favorite word? Fascist
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Music, particularly opera
    10. What turns you off? Intolerance and bigotry
    11. What are your favorite books? The Border Trilogy, The Alexandria Quartet
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? Too many..
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Depends on the mood I'm in
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? None
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? People who suffer hardship in order to help others
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? idem
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Medicine
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Ithaki, Nepal
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? Dipping into a cool, clean, transparent sea on a very hot day
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? The death of a child (at any age)
    21. What do you value most in your friends? Their support when needed
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? To sing like Renée Fleming
    23. How would you like to die? I wouldn't
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? I'm not a believer, but, just in case.."I thought you'd never get here"
    25. What is your motto? Life is not a rehearsal

26. Why did you join WR? Looked up word in dictionary, and joined
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? Loads
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? The way people help others
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? Nutella? What's Nutella?
    :D[/QUOTE]

staminax

Spanish
    3. What is your height in ft/in, centimeters or whatever standard of measure you like. 1,70 m
    6. What are your favorite foods (by category)? vegetables, pasta, fruits, cheese
    7. What is your favorite word? never thought it before but tender could be one
    8. What is your least favorite word? fear
    9. What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? learning, always
    10. What turns you off? boredom
    11. What are your favorite books? history,
    12. Who are your favorite poets and/or writers? M. Yourcenar, D. Lessing, and many others
    13. Who are your favorite painters? Van Gogh, Bosco,
    14. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines of fiction? none
    15. Who are your favorite heroes or heroines in real life? unfortunately none
    16. Who are your favorite characters in history? Alejandro Magno,
    17. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Translator full time
    18 In what country other than your own would you like to live? Greece, Pacific Islands
    19. What is your idea of earthly happiness? being happy with your present state
    20. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? not being able to enjoy anything
    21. What do you value most in your friends? empathy
    22. What natural gift would you most like to possess? drawing, painting
    23. How would you like to die? I have no idea
    24. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God (or deity of your choice) say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? no idea
    25. What is your motto? Live and let live

26. Why did you join WR? First for getting help with my translation doubts and later for the pleasure of learning and helping other people if possible.
    27. What have you learned since joining WR? many and different things in different languages i.e idioms, grammar, etc.
    28. What is your favorite thing about WR? it adheres strictly to language topics
    29. Chocolate or Nutella? :D chocolate of course