questions of some of the participants (article issue)

Mher85

Armenian
Hi, friends. I am a little bit confused about the usage of articles in this sentence. Please, check out which version do like most?

1. "Afterwards, the Armenian president delivered welcoming remarks and responded to the questions of some of the participants."
2. "Afterwards, the Armenian president delivered welcoming remarks and responded to the questions of the participants.
3. "Afterwards, the Armenian president delivered welcoming remarks and responded to the participants' questions.​"

• Copyright

American English
    4. "Afterwards, the Armenian president delivered welcoming remarks and responded to questions."

If you must be explicit, I would say, "Afterward, the Armenian president delivered welcome remarks and responded to questions from the participants."

Last edited:

Mher85

Armenian
    4. "Afterwards, the Armenian president delivered welcoming remarks and responded to questions."

If you must be explicit, I would say, "Afterward, the Armenian president delivered welcome remarks and responded to questions from the participants."
    But why "...from the participants"? We do not know whether all the participants asked questions. Maybe "... questions from some of the participants"?

Copyright

American English
    I don't think anyone reading this is going to think that every participant got to ask a question, so "the participants," and the audience asking questions, seems fine to me. I see "some of the participants" as being overly explanatory in this situation.

Mher85

Armenian
    I don't think anyone reading this is going to think that every participant got to ask a question, so "the participants," and the audience asking questions, seems fine to me. I see "some of the participants" as being overly explanatory in this situation.
    Thanks, dear advocate of intellectual rights.;)

< Previous | Next >