"quickly ___ learn French perfectly"

< Previous | Next >

kanadaaa

Japanese (Tokai)
Hi, I'm looking for, if any, an adverb that can occupy the position underlined without the aid of a conjunction,
but do you come up with anything?

Clearly, John probably will quickly ___ learn French perfectly.

• kanadaaa

Japanese (Tokai)
    Yes, I know this is kind of too ridiculous a question but I need to figure out whether there's any.
    It's okay even if the sentence sounds odd after filling out the blank, I just need to figure out whether there's any POSSIBILITY to put another adverb there.

kanadaaa

Japanese (Tokai)
    Thank you all for your comments.
    I've been thinking this through but it seems to me that quickly enough is, say, a compound adverb, as a unit,
    so I'm guessing it's so difficult to put a "true independent adverb" in the position.

lingobingo

English - England
    I wasn’t suggesting that’s anything like idiomatic, by the way! Simply that, as an academic exercise, you could insert such an adverb. In practice, if you did add it you’d also add “and”: quickly and easily.

kanadaaa

Japanese (Tokai)
    I wasn’t suggesting that’s anything like idiomatic, by the way! Simply that, as an academic exercise, you could insert such an adverb. In practice, if you did add it you’d also add “and”: quickly and easily.
    Thanks a lot for your help, I've been convinced:)

Piyush toplani

Hindi
    Hi, I'm looking for, if any, an adverb that can occupy the position underlined without the aid of a conjunction,
    but do you come up with anything?

Clearly, John probably will quickly ___ learn French perfectly.
    It looks to me that there is no adverb that can fit there without use of conjunction because it is the well known rule of grammar that if you use more than one adverb at a place, you should use a conjunction between two adverb or before the end adverb/adjective among a group of adverb/adjective.:)

< Previous | Next >