quickly loosen the throttle, then open it slightly if idling is unstable

enzoaba

italiano
hey folks I'm trying to translate a technical test but I'm stuck ..I'm looking for someone who could help me _ the sentence is the following : "If the engine starts, quickly loosen the throttle, then open it slightly if idling is unstable. "

Thanks in advance_

• Teerex51

Italian, standard
    Enzo, welcome to the WRF :)

Now, what are we talking about here: the Space Shuttle or a lawn mower? ;) Here in our little community context is king :)

enzoaba

italiano
    You right guys, We are talkin 'bout "starting the moto engine ". FLOODED ENGINE : Open the throttle fully and crank the engine for 5 seconds. If the engine starts, quickly loosen the throttle, then open it slightly if idling is unstable. My translation attempt is : MOTORE INGOLFATO : Far girare il motore per 5 secondi con l'accelleratore completamente aperto. Se il motore si avvia, lasciare velocemente l'accelleratore e premere leggermente se i giri al minimo non sono stabili.. It doesn't sounds good the second part.

Teerex51

Italian, standard
    OK, it's a motorcycle. That's swell, because I've wrecked a few in my career.

Se il motore si avvia, rilasciare rapidamente la manopola del gas per poi riaprirla di poco se il minimo è irregolare.

(I wouldn't use
    acceleratore here, but—just for the record—it's spelled with just one L) ;)

< Previous | Next >