quiza+future

< Previous | Next >
  • Perico Nuevo

Canada (English, Spanish)
    Ambos quizá y quizás (puedes emplear cualquiera) llevan el acento sobre el 'a'. También podrías haber elegido la forma subjuntiva.

patiesmiz

Spain-Spanish
    O la forma condicional. (Sólo en este caso, con el verbo poder)

Si no no, tendría que ser subjuntivo.

1- Quizá algún día cocine como él.

cocinará o cocinaría serían incorrectos. 'Quizá cocinará como él' tiene un toque de seguridad más que de posibilidad, aunque gramaticalmente no es incorrecto.

Ms Missy

USA English
    Quiza algún día, podrás cocinar tan bien como él.
    Perhaps some day, you will be able to cook as well as he does.

Grant
    Thanks Grant! I asked for a translation of the sentence because I wasn't sure whether it meant that one day I would be able to cook as well as he does, OR whether it meant that one day you would be able to cook as well as he does.

PS. So does this mean that for 'perhaps' we should use quizás instead of quizá (?)

Thanks again!

yodired

Venezuela Español
    Thanks Grant! I asked for a translation of the sentence because I wasn't sure whether it meant that one day I would be able to cook as well as he does, OR whether it meant that one day you would be able to cook as well as he does.

PS. So does this mean that for 'perhaps' we should use quizás instead of quizá (?)

Thanks again!
    No, no, it has nothing to do with it.

Quizá and quizás are both the same.

And you didn't have to be confused about the subject, because the verb "podrás" had this ending: -ás and it is used with the secon person in singular: you in verbs which infinitive ends with -er. (poder)

one day I would be able to cook as well as he does sería en español:

Algún día podré cocinar tan bién como él.

Ms Missy

USA English
    No, no, it has nothing to do with it.

Quizá and quizás are both the same.

And you didn't have to be confused about the subject, because the verb "podrás" had this ending: -ás and it is used with the secon person in singular: you in verbs which infinitive ends with -er. (poder)

one day I would be able to cook as well as he does sería en español:

Algún día podré cocinar tan bién como él.
    Thanks! So do you have any idea why coquis14 made that correction in post #3. :confused:

NewdestinyX

American English

Thanks again!
    Podrás == "you" will be able to. When the 's' in the last letter of the conjugated verb it's always some form of 'you'.. either singular or plural. The only exception is in the preterite tense (simple past) where it doesn't end in 's' (in the singular only).

And 'quizá' and 'quizás' are 100% interchangeable.

Thanks! So do you have any idea why coquis14 made that correction in post #3. :confused:
    Personal preference in Argentina or for him.. possibly

Un saludo,
    Grant

< Previous | Next >