réactions partagées de personnes qui observent

< Previous | Next >

cherrisoda

English
réactions partagées de personnes qui observent que les quelques trois mille victimes aux États-Unis qui, selon eux, méritent leur respect, ont cependant un impact médiatique sans commune mesure avec celle des victimes de terrorisme en Afrique ou ailleurs
Does this translate to:
The shared reactions of people who observed that the some 3000 vicitimes in the US who, according to them, deserved their respect had however an impact on the media which was not of the same level with those of the victimes of terrorism in Africa or other places.

Merci

• XPditif

français (France)
    Hey cherri.
    "Partagées" may be shared or mixed (lukewarm) here, so only context knows.
    ... of people who observe that... deserve ... have (why not keep the present tense?) a mediatic impact without any comparison with the others victims of terrorism, in Africa or eslewhere alike.

Eric75

Français - France
    "shared reactions of people who point out that the some 3000 victims in the US who, according to them, deserved their respect have however a media impact much beyond the one devoted to the victims of terrorism in Africa or other places."

I'm not a native => do correct my translation ;)

akaAJ

American English, Yiddish
    My feeling is that the "de" (instead of "par") supports XPditif's idea of "mixed"

"the mixed reactions of people who noted that while the 3000-odd US victims deserved respect, the media reaction was out of all proportion to the response accorded the victims of terrorism in Africa and elsewhere".

< Previous | Next >