réception sur

kmayna22

American English
Hello,

Could you please help me with the meaning here?

"Depuis un an, nous intervenons dans la réalisation des tests de validation des équipements chez les fournisseurs et dans leur réception sur le batiment."

My attempt:

"Over the past year, we have been taking part in the equipment validation tests with the suppliers and in their reception on the building."

The bold portion doesn't make sense in English. Would be grateful for any suggestions!!

• LART01

French-France
    Hi
    Well well...
    I guess they mean leur réception du bâtiment
    Phase in contruction speak where the building is handed over to operations or the client for instance
    In very clumsy French they are saying that they would provide support to the suppliers in this phase ( with the client) or rather they would ensure that these suppliers deliver what they are supposed to and therefore avoid what is called snag lists in this industry
    Does it make sense in your context?

kmayna22

American English
    Hello Lart and thank you for your post. I apologize but I do not understand what you are suggesting--what would the English translation of the sentence be?

LART01

French-France
    Sorry if I was unclear

Handover/turnover/delivery of the building

Suppliers will need to show they have completed the job they got recruited for. This company can do this check on behalf of the client

< Previous | Next >