Répartitions forfaitaires

< Previous | Next >

janefrance

English-American
Hello,

I am trying to translate a document providing accounting standards for non-profits. This sentence is part of a section dealing with the allocation of costs to different categories.

Les répartitions forfaitaires sur la base d’une clé de répartition n’en font expressément pas partie.

For "répartitions forfaitaires", I have found lump-sum distribution (but I don't think it has the same meaning), and flat distribution.
As far as "clé de répartition", I have found allocative key, fixed scale or distribution key.

My attempt at translating is: Flat distributions based on a fixed scale are expressly (definitely) not included (in these costs).

I appreciate any help,

Thank you!

• bh7

Canada; English
    Les répartitions forfaitaires sur la base d’une clé de répartition n’en font expressément pas partie.

Lump-sum cost allocations using a set of [predetermined] percentages as allocation bases are expressly excluded here [there].

Example: Let's say the cost objectives are called A, B, and C, and the predetermined allocation percentages (summing to 100%) are 50%, 30% and 20%, respectively. If the amount of costs to be allocated to the cost objectives is $100,000, then the resulting lump-sum cost allocations would be: $50,000 to A, $30,000 to B, $20,000 to C. This is the type of cost allocation excluded from consideration by the author.

By the way, the GDT, published by the Québec Office de la langue française, includes now the complete glossary of accounting and financial terms published by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Québec. Well worth a look if you search for French-English accounting/finance terms.

janefrance

English-American
    Thanks for your help! I really like your translation, it is closer to the true meaning of the sentence in French.

< Previous | Next >