résultat à l'équilibre

William Stein

American English
Je suis train de traduire en texte financier qui contient la phrase suivante:

Après un résultat financier de -100 K€, un résultat exceptionnel de -668 K€, le résultat net est à l’équilibre.

Does that mean: After deducting a net financial loss of bla,blah and a non-recurring loss of bla, the net result is at the break-even point?

"Balanced" doesn't sound right if it's supposed to mean that there's neither a profit nor a loss, since it isn't really a very "healthy, balanced" siituation for the company, but I'm not sure that's what it really means.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

William

• amg8989

USA
    English-United Sates
    maybe something along the lines of the overall outcome leaves them "in the clear"

all expenditures are justified......

dcuk

Hi William,

I think a phrase using 'break even' would be the best way to translate 'resultat a l'equilibre'. How about:

The net/overall result is that they have broken even.
    Overall, they have achieved the break-even point.

Although 'break-even point' is a noun, to me it sounds better to use 'to break even' as a verb in this sentence.

dcuk

William Stein

American English
    That's a good idea.
    I wasn't sure about the meaning because it seemed very improbable that the net result would ever be exactly zero, but I guess that because they're reporting everything in thousands of euros anything less than 500 euros is rounded off to zero.

Best regards,

William

< Previous | Next >