révèle-t-on de même source

kennyr87

American English
Des responsables de plusieurs services et divisions, l'administration générale, les affaires juridiques, la comptabilité et la finance, la sécurité et les interventions, sont inculpés dans cette affaire de «passation de marchés en violation du code des marchés publics», révèle-t-on de même source.

The google translation for "révèle-t-on de même source" does not make sense and I can't find the phrase in Roberts or on wordreference.

Only thing that I can think of that makes sense is this:

"Officials from several departments and divisions, general administration, legal, accounting and finance, security and interventions, are charged in the case with "contracting in violation of public procurement code," possibly from the same source."

• cropje_jnr

English - Australia
    It's a journalistic phrase often used when citing a source for the second time. "According to the same source" is probably what I'd write in English. There's no "possibly" about it - it's from the same source as that previously mentioned.

kennyr87

American English
    It's a journalistic phrase often used when citing a source for the second time. "According to the same source" is probably what I'd write in English. There's no "possibly" about it - it's from the same source as that previously mentioned.
    Thanks perfect.

I this would work:

Officials from several departments and divisions, general administration, legal, accounting and finance, security and interventions, are charged in the case of "contracting in violation of public procurement code," the same source revealed.

cropje_jnr

English - Australia
    I would say that they "have been charged with the offence of 'contracting, etc...'"

Otherwise "the same source revealed" seems fine to me. As a journalism student my inclination is what I suggested above ("according to the same source"), but it's probably as much a personal preference as anything.

< Previous | Next >