Rachid - always

minx

British
Hello all,
My computer crashed the other day losing all the information you had sent to me and I am so upset to have lost some translations. Would someone please be able to send me in Arabic Calligraphy the following name and word (in large print please) as I have to see it clearly to copy it:

Rachid - Always

This is for a tattoo so must be accurate - (as I have seen the name Rachid translated in several different ways (?).
Thank you in advance for your help :)

• elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    minx said:
    My computer crashed the other day losing all the information you had sent to me and I am so upset to have lost some translations.
    What are you talking about? Information online doesn't disappear just because your computer crashed.
    Would someone please be able to send me in Arabic Calligraphy the following name and word (in large print please) as I have to see it clearly to copy it:

Rachid - Always
    I don't know how to get a calligraphy-like font, but here it is in normal Arabic letters:

رشيد - دائماً

Moderator Note: Remember to give your threads informative titles!

minx

British
    Thank you for your help. My computer is very old and unpredictable. It has crashed several times whilst I have been transferring your help onto my word documents because the text was too small for me to see clearly and write down properly, and before saing the word documents, this is when my computer freezes up and crashes - thus not saving what I was working on. It has only started doing this since I received emails from other countries so maybe i have a virus on my software.
    Thank you for your help, it is appreciated.

Josh_

U.S., English
    Here are some examples of "Rachid -- always" in some of my favorite Arabic calligraphic fonts, as well as one fun font (the last one):

Rashid1.JPG

Rashid2.JPG

Rashid3.JPG

Rashid4.JPG

Rashid5.JPG

(Click on the pictures to see them larger.

My favorite is the fourth one down from the top.

Also, There are also companies that will make the Arabic word(s) of your choice into a fancy design. As an example of an Arabic name made into a very eleborate shape click here and look at the picture to the right.

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    ayed said:
    Elroy , is it :
    رشيد
    Or
    راشد
    I don't know. :)

Obviously "Rachid' is not a phonetic transliteration, so it could be either. For some reason رشيد was the first one that occurred to me.

Minx, could you please tell us how the name is pronounced, so we can confirm what the correct Arabic spelling is?

cherine

Arabic (Egypt).
    Neither Harun ar-Rashiid nor Wikipedia, are valid proof, because both رشيد and راشد are Arabic male names, and unfortunately they're written the same way, just like Amal (girl name) أمل - آمال

Mery_Dian

Moroccan Arabic - Morocco
    ayed said:
    Elroy , is it :
    رشيد
    Or
    راشد
    I remember that Minx mentioned in a previous thread that her friend is Moroccan.
    ...Please would someone be kind and patient enough to translate the following accurately for me into normal arabic so that I can re type it to my special Moroccan boyfriend...
    And in Morocco we always spell Rachid as رشيـد . :)

Mery_Dian

Moroccan Arabic - Morocco
    elroy said:
    How would you spell راشد, then?
    In Latin characters ? I guess that it should be more likely spelled as Rashed... But my point was that راشد is not a first name that is common in Morocco (never heard of it). I know that it is widespread in the Gulf region and probably in the Middle East too. In the Maghreb, however, we only have رشيد, which is always spelled as Rachid (based on French pronunciation) or Rachide (less common)

< Previous | Next >