raise (rising money), raise capital

mooonlight

Argentina, Spanish
HI! I don´t understand the meaning of rise in none of these two sentences. Can anybody help me to translate the two sentences where rise and rising appear?

"Also another question I have is would you be interested
in trying something experimental with raising money for this? I'm
working on something unique right now for filmmakers to raise capitol
but we need a few films to try it".

Thanks a lot!

• teatime

Spanish from Spain and Argentina
    HI! I don´t understand the meaning of rise in none of these two sentences. Can anybody help me to translate the two sentences where rise and rising appear?

"Also another question I have is would you be interested
    in trying something experimental with raising money for this? I'm
    working on something unique right now for filmmakers to raise capitol
    but we need a few films to try it".

Thanks a lot!

dinis.dinis

USA/English
    Dear Moonlight,

Two helpful tips for you:

First, I think you meant to write, "raise capitAl"' and not the "capitOl"' because "rase the capitOl" would signify "!Arrasen el Capitolio!".

Second, remember those pesky dualist forms. When speaking of two entities,
    one says "NEITHER of the two" and not "NONE of the two" but, in the context of a negative sentence like the one that introduces this thread, one must substitute the positive form EITHER OF THE TWO for NEITHER OF THE TWO.

Hope that is useful.

Ever Yours,
    Dinis

mooonlight

Argentina, Spanish
    Dear Moonlight,

Two helpful tips for you:

First, I think you meant to write, "raise capitAl"' and not the "capitOl"' because "rase the capitOl" would signify "!Arrasen el Capitolio!".

Second, remember those pesky dualist forms. When speaking of two entities,
    one says "NEITHER of the two" and not "NONE of the two" but, in the context of a negative sentence like the one that introduces this thread, one must substitute the positive form EITHER OF THE TWO for NEITHER OF THE TWO.

Hope that is useful.

Thanks a lot Dinis! it´s great to receive corrections, ´cos I learn much more in this Forum than when I read something on a book.

(yes, I should have written "capital", it was not my itention to incitate violence )

Ever yours!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenixpollo

American English
    Thanks a lot Dinis! It´s great to receive corrections, ´cos I learn much more in this Forum than when I read something in a book.

(Yes, I should have written "capital", it was not my intention to incite anyone to violence )

Ever yours!
    Since you asked, moonlight... :)

Also, dinis, please don't write in all-capital letters, to avoid the impression that you are shouting.

Thanks.

Last edited:

dinis.dinis

USA/English
    Dear Fenixpollo,

The quote is not from my post so the errors were not mine
    and both of your notes are for ML.

Best Regards,
    Dinis

Last edited: