raise the head of the bed

Houellebecq1

English - United States
Hello,

How would you say, "raise the head of the bed to a 45 degree angle." This is something a nurse might do for a patient in a hospital bed. My guess: eleve la cabecera de la cama a 45 grados. Thanks in advance.

• fsabroso

Perú / Castellano
    Hello,

How would you say, "raise the head of the bed to a 45 degree angle." This is something a nurse might do for a patient in a hospital bed. My guess: eleve la cabecera de la cama a 45 grados. Thanks in advance.
    Yes, I would say it that way.

Also, you could use either "levantar" or "elevar", but both have the same meaning here.

Pipayo

Español (México), English (U.S.)
    "Cabecera" is headboard. Isn't that the piece of furniture that is either attached or separate from the bed?

If I understand correctly, "head of the bed" does not refer to that piece but rather to the section of the bed where the head lies.

gengo

American English
    Surely if you raise the head of the bed 45 degrees are you not tipping someone out of bed?
    I think that would happen only if you tilted the entire bed 45 degrees. What the OP seems to be talking about is an electric bed that can bend in the middle, so only the upper half is tilted at this angle. A nurse would do this so that the patient could eat, etc.

< Previous | Next >