Random notebook

EDDA34

English-Scotland
Hello,at the moment I am reading a book on how to create a profile on the net . I have this phrase: "When I was searching for clients , I made corrections to at least one random notebook entry every day." I don't understand what random notebook is in the world of internet. Can somebody help me ?
Thank you
EDDA34

• RedwoodGrove

English, USA
    It's "random entry" in a notebook, I would say. Can't help you with any internet stuff. You should be aware that "random" has become slang, at least among tech types. The slang expression differs from the dictionary definition quite a bit.

EDDA34

English-Scotland
    It's "random entry" in a notebook, I would say. Can't help you with any internet stuff. You should be aware that "random" has become slang, at least among tech types. The slang expression differs from the dictionary definition quite a bit.
    Sorry replying so late . Thanks for your answer.

kentix

English - U.S.
    Notebook entry is a vague term and meaningless out of context. You'll have to tell us what kind of notebook he or she is referring to. Is it their own notebook, other people's notebooks, are the notebooks physical or electronic, are they part of specific application or website they are using, what kind of notes do they hold, etc. All of that should be somewhere in what you're reading for it to make any sense to the reader.

bibliolept

AE, Español
    Yes, presumably "notebook" has a specialized meaning for a particular web platform or software environment. I could guess what "random" means, that there is no system ruling why the changes are made or how the need for changes is made evident, but it could be that somehow what is in some sense "random" to the writer does stem from something else, such as interactions with clients or potential clients.

< Previous | Next >