rapidly mix in

< Previous | Next >

jamiebean

cantonese
As a mature woman watching the gray hairs rapidly mix in with my natural brunette tones, I decided over a year ago, toapproach my stylist with the idea of highlights.

is this sentence incorrect? Why is it incorrect?

As a mature woman watching the gray hairs mix in with my natural brunette tones, I decided over a year ago, toapproach my stylist with the idea of highlights.

why is this incorrect?

• owlman5

English-US
    I expected to see "mixing in with my natural brunette tones". I'm surprised by the comma between "ago" and "to". So I see two elements in this sentence that seem strange to me. What does the answer key suggest is wrong with the sentence?

rhitagawr

British English
    Mix suggests a completed process. Mixing suggests an uncompleted process. I'd expect to see mixing as well: people don't go grey over night. I agree that you don't want a comma after ago. (I'm sure the to approach thing was a typo.)

jamiebean

cantonese
    I expected to see "mixing in with my natural brunette tones". I'm surprised by the comma between "ago" and "to". So I see two elements in this sentence that seem strange to me. What does the answer key suggest is wrong with the sentence?
    the answer key suggested 'rapidly mixing'
    but im just curious about other possibilities

jamiebean

cantonese
    Mix suggests a completed process. Mixing suggests an uncompleted process. I'd expect to see mixing as well: people don't go grey over night. I agree that you don't want a comma after ago. (I'm sure the to approach thing was a typo.)

Thank you!! yea it's a proofreading, and I didn't change that part. haha

< Previous | Next >