-rarete

futaro

France
Je cherche une explication à la terminaison verbale: -rarete.
Ex. nameru : namerarete.

犬にかおをなめられてくすぐったいよ。

Merci à qui pourrait me renseigner

• Ilmen

Français, France.
    La terminaison ~られて est la forme conjonctive de ~られる (forme indiquant la potentialité / possibilité pour les verbes de type Ichidan, comme 食べる et なめる).
    Ainsi, 食べられる signifie « pouvoir manger » (= 食べることができる) et なめられる signifie « pouvoir lécher » (= なめることができる).

For the ones that cannot read French: here the question is about the meaning of the ~られて verb ending.

Last edited:

futaro

France
    Merci. Cela veut donc dire que le chien ne me lèche pas mais que s´il me léchait j´aurais des chatouilles. Est-ce exact?

Ilmen

Français, France.
    Hum, non, je ne pense pas que c'est ce que veux dire cette phrase. De plus, il serait préférable que vous écriviez en anglais ici, dans la mesure du possible, car la majorité des locuteurs natifs ici présent ne parlent pas le français. :)

To say the truth, I have some troubles to translate this phrase, which seems a bit odd to me (I can't figure out why 犬 is marked with the に particle). Besides, the ~たい form of the verb くすぐる is not valid. It would have been "くすぐりたい" instead.
    It leads me to ask you this question: where this sentence came from? Is it from your hand? Otherwise, could you provide us its context?

EDIT: Almostfreebird -> Hmm? Never heard of it.

Last edited:

kenjoluma

Korean

"A dog licked my face and it made me itchy."

-rareru in ICHIDAN verbs ALSO indicates the passive.
    So, Inu-ni namerareru literally means "licked by a dog".

"kusuguttai" is an adjective for "ticklish" or "itchy".

fitter.happier

Italian
    Absolutely agree with kenjoluma, られる has nothing to do with the potential form in this sentence.

Passive costructions like this are often used to express annoyance.

Compare these two sentences:

1. 犬が(私の)顔をなめた。
    2.(私は)犬に顔をなめられた。

Sentence #2 expresses an unpleasant feeling through the passive form as opposed to sentence #1 which is a mere statement.

futaro

France
    Thank you to you all. You were very helpful. The translation given in the lesson was:"It tickles to have my face licked by a dog" But I had some difficulties to understand exactly the use of "なめられて". Thank you very much.

Ilmen

Français, France.
    So it was a matter of passive form. :)
    I understand now why this sentence seemed odd to me: I didn't learned this grammar yet. Besides, the adjective くすぐったい is not in my offline dictionnary, hence the mix-up.
    ^^

< Previous | Next >