reach out and touch him

< Previous | Next >

sendai

USA/English
I need some help translating the highlighted phrase below:

Sometimes while sitting with one of my boys during his math lesson he reminds me to enjoy each other, (wow, joy in math :) by touching me on the arm, or holding my hand. I began to have him write his answer my back. (He tracing it with his finger and me guessing it). This reminded me of how in the midst of learning no matter what the subject the Lord beckons us to reach out and touch Him, love Him. We also do this through our children.

Here's the translation I have now, but I'm wondering if anyone has a better idea of how to translate it. Any suggestions?

A veces, cuando estoy sentada con alguno de mis muchachos durante su clase de matemática, él me recuerda sobre disfrutarnos el uno al otro (guau, disfrutar en matemática :) tocandome el brazo, o sosteniendo mi mano. Hice que escribiera su respuesta en mi espalda (marcandola con su dedo y yo trantando de adivinarla). Esto me recordó cómo durante el aprendizaje, no importa cuál sea el tema, el Señor nos llama a estirarnos y tocarlo, amarlo. Hacemos esto a través de nuestros hijos también.

• LucianoGoAl

Español-Argentina
    Bueno Sendai, creo que lo has resuelto bastante bien sin ayuda! Sólo colocaría el último "también" al comienzo de esa oración.

gvergara

Español
    sendai said:
    I need some help translating the highlighted phrase below:

Sometimes while sitting with one of my boys during his math lesson he reminds me to enjoy each other, (wow, joy in math :) by touching me on the arm, or holding my hand. I began to have him write his answer my back. (He tracing it with his finger and me guessing it). This reminded me of how in the midst of learning no matter what the subject the Lord beckons us to reach out and touch Him, love Him. We also do this through our children.

Here's the translation I have now, but I'm wondering if anyone has a better idea of how to translate it. Any suggestions?

A veces, cuando estoy sentada con alguno de mis muchachos durante su clase de matemática, él me recuerda sobre disfrutarnos el uno al otro (guau, disfrutar en matemática :) tocandome el brazo, o sosteniendo mi mano. Hice que escribiera su respuesta en mi espalda (marcandola con su dedo y yo trantando de adivinarla). Esto me recordó cómo durante el aprendizaje, no importa cuál sea el tema, el Señor nos llama a estirarnos y tocarlo, amarlo. Hacemos esto a través de nuestros hijos también.
    Hi:
    It wasn't really what this thread was about, but I'd like to make a correction. The verb to remind (recordar or hacer recordar ) is never followed by the preposition sobre + infinitive (actually, it is hardly ever followed by sobre at all, as sobre + a noun does not sound natural either), so I suggest that you rephrase that part of the sentence, for example él me recuerda/hace recordar que podemos disfrutrarnos mutuamente/el uno al otro... It's not a straightforward translation, so I don't blame you if you can't understand it, but you know that very often there isn't a correspondence between two languages. Otherwise, the rest of the translation was excellent, congratulations on it! See you

Gonzalo

Peruvian lady

Spanish
    Hola, creo que en este caso, bien podría traducirse como:
    ...el Señor nos llama a acercarnos a Él y tocarlo, amarlo.

Saluditos!

ForeverHis

American English
    For your information, the original post in English is very poorly written and filled with grammatical errors. Please don't take it as a model!

< Previous | Next >