Reactions

< Previous | Next >

swindaff

Italian - Neapolitan
Hi,

I can't use reactions if I am on my smartphone (through browser). Is it my problem or can't we use reactions on a mobile at all?

• alfaalfa

italiano
    Ciao,
    in the mailbox I have a set of eight reactions, but if I want to react a single post I have only "OK" and "Thanks".
    This is it, both using my PC or my android smartphone (via browser, I don't use the app).
    Some MAC user has the full eight reactions set available to react single posts (I feel discriminated :D ).

The new alerts appear this way:
    alerts everywhere in WRF but the post's page just reacted
    1.JPG

alerts in the post's page just reacted
    3.JPG

single post's reactions
    2.JPG

Starless74's smiling reaction randomly appears.

I know this is not an issue but I wanted let you know what I experienced.

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    in the mailbox I have a set of eight reactions, but if I want to react a single post I have only "OK" and "Thanks".
    Yes, that is the way we designed it. We only want those two reactions in our public forums, but do whatever you want in private!
    Some MAC user has the full eight reactions set available to react single posts
    Nope, that's not correct. Everybody has the same set of reactions for all posts, no matter what device they are using.

swift

Spanish – Costa Rica (Valle Central)
    Hi, @mkellogg.

I just found out that “Shades of Gray” has some more reactions available. Perhaps that’s what explains why some people are using other reactions than “Agree” and “Thanks”.
    932C8DE7-9A56-40AA-BBA0-BEA83687A0E7.jpeg

mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    I just found out that “Shades of Gray” has some more reactions available. Perhaps that’s what explains why some people are using other reactions than “Agree” and “Thanks”.
    Ah, thank you. I've fixed it in the threads. Let me know if the extra emojis still show anywhere else.
    Mike, did you take any decisions abt. adopting a 'reaction' also for you are welcome
    Bearded, I'm not planning to make any changes just now, but thanks for linking to that thread. For some reason, I stopped getting notifications of that thread and hadn't seen the suggested emojis for "you're welcome". If you manage to convince an individual forum's moderation team and have a reasonably good icon chosen, I am happy enough to test it in that forum to see how it goes.

Last edited:

swift

I’m not sure what value or benefit this “you’re welcome” reaction would bring. If the OP replies quoting someone’s answer saying thanks, it makes sense. If they’re answering with “thank you” without specifying whom they’re thanking, all the participants would be able to react with you’re welcome to that post as well. That kind of makes sense too. Now, what if all they’re doing is reacting to someone’s answer? Where would you react with “you’re welcome”?

swindaff

Italian - Neapolitan
    I’m not sure what value or benefit this “you’re welcome” reaction would bring. If the OP replies to someone’s answer saying thanks, it makes sense. If they’re answering with “thank you” without specifying whom they’re thanking, all the participants would be able to react with you’re welcome to that post as well. That kind of makes sense too. Now, what if all they’re doing is reacting to someone’s answer? Where would you react with “you’re welcome”?
    I have noticed that sometimes OPs reply to someone to thank them and maybe add something more. So far, the only thing the other user can do is choosing a reaction between "agree" or "thanks", which is not really what you would say in real life. This is why I would like to have it, apart from what you have already mentioned. Clearly, if the OP only reacts to thank you, then you don't really need to do anything else.

swift

But one could argue the purpose of the Reaction feature is to reduce significantly the thank you notes without further comments or elaboration. Therefore, if we see a decrease in the number of thank you posts, the need for a you’re welcome Reaction becomes meager.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    Now I'll try to persuade mods to adopt it for ''you're welcome'' (in reduced size, of course), as you have proposed.
    I'm open to persuasion, although given the low number of posts I've seen which currently consist of messages like "You're welcome" I suspect it might be of relatively limited use.

However it looks to me like it wouldn't resize very clearly to match the others we have
    I think I prefer Al.ba's one - 1592244523817.jpeg

Last edited:

swift

given the low number of posts I've seen which currently consist of messages like "You're welcome" I suspect it might be of relatively limited use
    Almost 15 years as a forum member have shown me that people tend to avoid that kind of posts because they don’t add value to the discussion. In general, people reply with you’re welcome and feel compelled to say something else that justifies the post. Otherwise, it feels like bumping the thread for no reason.

< Previous | Next >