γλωσσόφιλο

Spanish - Medellín, Colombia
I was listening to Λένε - Αντώνης Ρέμος [1]

And then I got to these lines [2]:

Λένε πως είδαν να χορεύεις νύχτα
με τη φωτιά να παίζεις
σπίρτο στα μάτια όλου του κόσμου
μα δε σε καίει ο πυρετός μου

πυρετός = fever, but here, it could be a metaphor for πάθος (στις δύο έννοιες της λέξης) ή ανησυχία

And now, when I read from the second line on, I get two senses:

"they say you're getting in trouble/into a bad crowd, everybody thinks it can go wrong, but anyways, you couldn't care less about how I suffer for that"

"they say you're flirting with the wrong people, everybody thinks you fall easily/you're too flirty. But, on the other hand, you don't feel anything for me, you don't feel my passion"

But maybe I'm missing something else so I'm looking forward to read your interpretations, how many different readings could that excerpt have?

πηγές:
[1] βίντεο από το Heaven Music
[2] στίχοι από το Lyricstranslate

• Perseas

"Παίζω με τη φωτιά" means "play with fire", i.e. to do something that could have a very dangerous or harmful result.

The woman exposes to danger, harm or loss. Flirting -or more than just flirting- with the wrong people may also be implied. Finally, as you say, she does not feel his passion for her.

γλωσσόφιλο

Spanish - Medellín, Colombia
    "Παίζω με τη φωτιά" means "play with fire", i.e. to do something that could have a very dangerous or harmful result.

The woman exposes to danger, harm or loss. Flirting -or more than just flirting- with the wrong people may also be implied. Finally, as you say, she does not feel his passion for her.

υποτέθηκα σωστά επιτέλους. Ευχαριστώ πολύ για την επιβεβαιωσή σου Περσέα! αμφέβαλλα κυρίως για το πώς να εκφράσω αυτά που ενοούσε με ξεκάθαρους και σαφείς όρους, ήθελα να "μεταφράσω την έννοια" με ευθείες λέξεις και χάρη σε σένα ξέρω τώρα πως τα έπιασα

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >