Realizzata sul tampone rock

sheryl.709

English-American
Hello everybody,
I'm translating the description of a tile made of full body porcelain stoneware and I'm having a hard time with this phrase:

Alle due tipologie di superficie per interni, naturale e lappata, XXX (brand name) affianca la superficie Grip R11 realizzata sul tampone rock, anche in versione spessorata 19mm, per creare effetti di continuità fra interno ed esterno.

My translation:
In addition to natural and lapped, two types of surfaces for interiors, XXX also offers a Grip R11 surface made on the rock pad, also available in the 19mm thick outdoor version, to ensure the indoor and outdoor areas blend well.

• sheryl.709

English-American
    Questo è quello che mi ha detto il cliente:

Il tampone rock, è la definizione che utilizziamo per definire la superficie strutturata R11 –

Normale:

Rock:

In pratica sembra una superficie più grezza, che ne dici di "textured buffer"? (Anche se non mi convince molto...)

Last edited:

sheryl.709

English-American
    What about ...offers Grip R11 with a stuccoed surface/finish?
    It sounds good but I think what they're referring to in Italian is the equipment used to get that particular finish.
    I forgot to mention that these are outdoor tiles, so the finish is supposed to make them anti-slip.

Marc Galicia

Castillian-Spain-Mexico,Catalá-Catalunya
    Hello everybody,
    I'm translating the description of a tile made of full body porcelain stoneware and I'm having a hard time with this phrase:

Alle due tipologie di superficie per interni, naturale e lappata, XXX (brand name) affianca la superficie Grip R11 realizzata sul tampone rock, anche in versione spessorata 19mm, per creare effetti di continuità fra interno ed esterno.

My translation:
    In addition to natural and lapped, two types of surfaces for interiors, XXX also offers a Grip R11 surface made on the rock pad, also available in the 19mm thick outdoor version, to ensure the indoor and outdoor areas blend well.
    That is a rough pattern surface, such as pop corn ceiling, or rustic stucco..

< Previous | Next >