Really well / Really good

Bullet4MyValentine

Russian/Hebrew
"But it doesn't work really well."
"But it doesn't work really good."
Which one is correct and which one is not?
I think "Really well" is wrong even though it sounds normal, because both Really and Well are adverbs.
On the other hand, many people use "Really well".
Thanks in advance!

• Bullet4MyValentine

Russian/Hebrew
    Thanks Gwan, but I know the difference between Good and Well (Good is an adjective and Well is an adverb)
    But I want to know whether it's correct to use "Really well" or not, I'm confused because both Really and Well are adverbs. (I've seen many people use "Really well" but I think it's wrong)
    Thanks again!

Bullet4MyValentine

Russian/Hebrew
    Wow, that's new to me (I knew it's possible to modify adverbs with adjectives, but I didn't know you can modify one adverb with another)
    Thanks!

Gwan

New Zealand, English
    Sorry, I don't think I read your question thoroughly enough to see what, specifically, was confusing you. As owlman says, you can certainly use two adverbs together, and as you will (hopefully) have noticed in the thread I linked to, 'it doesn't work really well' is considered to be the grammatically-correct form, although you will hear many people saying 'it doesn't work real(ly) good'.

rainbow84uk

English, UK
    I don't know if it's just me, but "really well" sounds slightly strange to me in the negative. Not wrong, but odd.

I would almost always use "very", "particularly" or something similar with a negative:

It doesn't work very well.
    It doesn't work particularly well.

In speech, I might also use "(all) that":

It doesn't work that well.