recall (perros)

vidamenorquina

English - USA
Buenas.

Estoy intentando traducir la palabra "recall" cuando tiene que ver con los perros. Es decir, cuando alguien dice que venga el perro, está practicando "recalls" con el perro. He buscado aquí en WR, en google, etc, y no encuentro la palabra apropiada.

Muchas gracias de antemano.

• Dlyons

English - Ireland
    Buenas.

Estoy intentando traducir la palabra "recall" cuando tiene que ver con los perros. Es decir, cuando alguien dice que venga el perro, está practicando "recalls" con el perro. He buscado aquí en WR, en google, etc, y no encuentro la palabra apropiada.

Que tal "llamar al orden" ?

scotu

Chicago English
    Buenas.

I'm a little confused. I have heard of calling the dog,
    but have not heard of "recalling" it.:confused:

riscman

English-English
    It is an interesting question. With more than one answer.

To recall a dog implies that it was sent in the first place. This is all right in the case of a sheepdog. The shepherd sends his dog out and can recall it.

If the dog has wandered off of its own volition his owner can "call him back", but recall is not quite accurate.

If the ownner has "set his dog" on somebody, he would "call him off" not recall him.

I hope I have not made it too confusing. If you are stuck use "recall" anyway.

vidamenorquina

English - USA
    Oops, a ver si me explico mejor. Es un texto escrito en inglés.

In dog training, a "recall" is a term used for what happens when the owner gives the command "come" and the dog responds appropriately by returning to the owner. Here is the sentence from the text (although it doesn't make the meaning of "recall" very clear; the only reason I know is because I have worked with this school before):

Besides being a good place to play with your dog, it (a fenced-in yard)gives you opportunities to practice recalls as well as remain aware of your dog’s relieving habits and stool health.

Sorry for being so confusing.

vidamenorquina

English - USA
    Still not exactly. A "recall" can be something that happens only once. It's more the action of returning. For example, the owner calls the dog; the dog comes; the dog has successfully completed a "recall". It's a strange term.

In fact, maybe I could use something along the lines of return!

vidamenorquina

English - USA
    ¡Perfecto! Gracias. Además, como estoy traduciendo varios documentos sobre perros guía, estos enlaces me ayudarán mucho.

Gracias a todos por vuestra ayuda.

< Previous | Next >