Receipt for weekly take

< Previous | Next >

Stormreaver

Turkish
Hi,

In a a documentary about street gangs who do bookmaking and street gambling, someone says:

"Receipts for the weekly take. We figure who's getting paid. Who owes us money."

I don't quite understand "take" here. Does it mean "accepted" or "they pay the receipts weekly"?
I don't know about gambling receipts so it's hard for me to understand.

Thank you.

• MilkyBarKid

British English
    The weekly take/ the day's take is the amount of money taken in by a business over a specified period of time.
    Receipts for the weekly take from bookmaking and street gambling.

Trochfa

UK
    English - England
    A "weekly take" is the amount of "takings" [money received from goods/services sold] within one week. The receipts are given to those who've bought something, and a copy is kept by the seller. The total of these receipts should match the amount of money taken in sales.

[Cross-posted]

Stormreaver

Turkish
    The weekly take/ the day's take is the amount of money taken in by a business over a specified period of time.
    Receipts for the weekly take from bookmaking and street gambling.
    A "weekly take" is the amount of "takings" [money received from goods/services sold] within one week. The receipts are given to those who've bought something, and a copy is kept by the seller. The total of these receipts should match the amount of money taken in sales.

[Cross-posted]
    These are very helpful information. Thank you.

< Previous | Next >