reception Hertzienne

< Previous | Next >

drainoj

english
the context is TV reception and this is the paragraph. i'm also struggling with 'rayonnement dans les cables de la distribution actuelle' and 'prises' in this context - sockets? or digiboxes? any suggestions appreciated..

here's the paragraph

il ressort que sur cet établissement il n'y a pas de réception hertzienne pour le chaînes françaises. La réception de ces chaînes se fait uniquement par rayonnement dans les câbles de la distribution actuelle, et encore pas dans toutes les chambres.

and

Une fois un niveau correct obtenu au niveau des prises, la relance d'une syntonisation des LCD ne prendra plus les chaînes françaises, sauf si une réception hertzienne est ajoutée sur cet établissement

• flafla91

France - French
    the sentence seems to me incomprehensible (and yet I'm engineer).
    I don't talk about the french expression but about the technical explication.
    Yet I seek to understand

flafla91

France - French
    I understand that there isn't antenna on the roof and that the cables (coaxial I suppose), which plays the role of the missing antenna.

I supppose in this context that "reception hertzienne" means "antenna on the roof"

And yes I confirm that the word "prise" in french is the word 'socket" or "plug" in english.

< Previous | Next >