Receveur d’Enregistrement

Skyelark

English
Can someone tell me what a Receveur d’Enregistrement is? I can only find word-for-word translations but need the English equivalent of this profession as I'm finding it in our family history. Thanks very much!

• snarkhunter

French - France
    Hello, and welcome to this forum!

Based on what I've found on the internet, this seems to be linked with the real estate business: "Receveur de l'Enregistrement" appears to be the name of the civil officer who collects registry fees and stamp duties, and also records the corresponding transactions in legal documents and archives.

Bonvent

French - France
    Hello, and welcome to this forum!

Based on what I've found on the internet, this seems to be linked with the real estate business: "Receveur de l'Enregistrement" appears to be the name of the civil officer who collects registry fees and stamp duties, and also records the corresponding transactions in legal documents and archives.

I understand your explanation but would be interested in getting the english word for this job. Has someone an idea?

Kelly B

USA English
    It may vary regionally. Where I live, deeds are recorded by the office of the County Clerk, but real estate taxes are paid to the town Receiver of Taxes. Other states use different titles, including Recorder, Registrar of Deeds, etc.

Bonvent

French - France
    It may vary regionally. Where I live, deeds are recorded by the office of the County Clerk, but real estate taxes are paid to the town Receiver of Taxes. Other states use different titles, including Recorder, Registrar of Deeds, etc.
    Would you say that it could be translated by "collector of real estate taxes"?

I wish to thank you all for your explanations, comments.... I really enjoy this forum. Please feel free to correct my english when you see mistakes. I will not be affected if you notice mistakes and correct them.

< Previous | Next >