receveur de Secteur

TsaraBe

English - US
C'est un titre de quelqu'un sur une attestation de naissance. Il est juste après le montant payé pour obtenir l'attestation alors je me demande si "le receveur de Secteur" est la personne qui a reçu les frais du client.

Mais je n'arrives pas à trouver une bonne traduction en anglais - pourriez-vous m'aider?!

Merci!!

• TsaraBe

English - US
    I did some more researching in my dictionary last night and I was thinking it might be something along the lines of some type of collections agent.

I'm curious, however, as to why you put "district collector" and not "sector collector" - this is on a document from Rwanda and since the country is divided into various (and slightly confusing) zones, districts, sectors, municipalities, etc. I was inclined to translate it more litteraly and use "sector" not "district" (I also thought that if it was district it would be "receveur de district" - can you maybe explain this a little to me?

Thanks, I appreciate it!!

TsaraBe

English - US
    Simple - your post had no reference to Rwanda;)... And "secteur" in France has no precise meaning out of "district".
    Ok, that actually clears a lot up for me (I didn't mention Rwanda because I didn't know the definition could vary depending on country) - so if I understand correctly, in France "secteur" means "district" but in other countries, like in the case of Rwanda, it could presumably mean "sector" and not necessarily district...

JeanDeSponde

France, Français
    You seem to know better than me about Rwanda's administration; so, if secteur has an administrative meaning there, then sector it is!
    In France, secteur has no definite administrative meaning - it just is "a part of"... That is, some administrations (railways, post office, etc.) can have defined their own "secteurs", but there is no compelling definition.

< Previous | Next >