reconcile myself to guarantee

Sun14

Chinese
Hello, my friends,

When we talk about education, one core value that I stick to is that sometimes we should give priority to the majority who stick to the rules in class making a classroom a good place to study but we should not waste time spending on the students who broke the rules and makes the class room in a mess. For instance, when I saw someone speaking loudly and refuse even to lower his or her voice. At that time, I would not suspend the class and take time to tell him why his wrong and correct him at the same time. I would rather ask him to get out of the class and correct him latter. I consider it as a positive behavior even it sacrifice the students right to have class. The best situation is that everyone has their right to study but sometime we need to sacrifice some student‘s interests, which would make the teacher hard to make the decision to drive them out at that crucial moment. Regarding the positive sense of my action I was wondering whether this sentence is idiomatic to convey what I mean:

I reconcile myself to guarantee the whole class's interest.

• Glasguensis

Signal Modulation
    English - Scotland
    First of all you'll need to explain what you're trying to say. In your explanation you do not mention any impact to yourself, or any reluctance to take this action. It's not clear what you want to convey.

Sun14

Chinese
    First of all you'll need to explain what you're trying to say. In your explanation you do not mention any impact to yourself, or any reluctance to take this action. It's not clear what you want to convey.
    In my mind I think every students should be treated equally and has his or her right to study but regarding the situation I describe in class, the student refuse to obey my request to lower his or her voice. If I keep asking him to do so. There might be two consequences. One is that he stop talking after I repeat the rules and principles in class. The other is that everything said by me won't work. Both of the consequences need time and by doing so it would waste all the students' time in class. I do hope to guarantee all the students right to have class but at this time I need to ask them to get out to ensure the other students could study at that moment. I have to do this.

suzi br

English / England
    Hi, bearing in mind all your intentions, I do not think that "reconcile myself" and "guarantee" are quite right.

In fact, I think the whole thing is a bit too big to get down to one sentence, so you need a few more words to make your meaning clear to a reader.

Sun14

Chinese
    Hi, bearing in mind all your intentions, I do not think that "reconcile myself" and "guarantee" are quite right.

In fact, I think the whole thing is a bit too big to get down to one sentence, so you need a few more words to make your meaning clear to a reader.
    Got it. Thank you very much.

suzi br

English / England
    Maybe this:
    I reconcile myself to the fact that the rowdy kids will lose some lesson time because it guarantees better time for the studious kids.

< Previous | Next >