Recorramos el Amazonas

< Previous | Next >

sueloveswords

Spanish (Peru)
Hello forum friends,
I am trying to translate: "Recorramos el Amazonas" and my try is: "Let's move through the Amazon" but I'm not sure if it's clear enough and if it's a phrase you normally use. The context I think is clear which is travelling in the Amazon.
Thanks a lot for your help

• The Newt

English - US
    There are a lot of options, with "move through" being fairly unlikely. Can you provide the previous sentence and a bit of context?

sueloveswords

Spanish (Peru)
    Traveling in a ship. I'm thinking it could be best: "Let's venture through the Amazon". The sentence starts like that. It's: "Recorramos el Amazonas y descubramos la inmensidad de la vida silvestre."

The Newt

English - US
    Traveling in a ship. I'm thinking it could be best: "Let's venture through the Amazon". The sentence starts like that. It's: "Recorramos el Amazonas y descubramos la inmensidad de la vida silvestre."
    Do you mean to refer specifically to the Amazon River or to the region? As Gengo suggests above, we don't travel "through" a river.

gengo

American English
    Could you also say Let's do the Amazon?
    Yes, but only if the context were very clear already, such as if you were considering various travel options. Also, "the Amazon" can refer both to the river and to the huge forest region, so that distinction would also have to be clear.

The Newt

English - US
    Yes, but only if the context were very clear already, such as if you were considering various travel options. Also, "the Amazon" can refer both to the river and to the huge forest region, so that distinction would also have to be clear.
    "Let's do..." would also tend to make the speaker sound superficial.

jilar

Español
    En inglés suelen concretar para las acciones, así "recorrer con un barco o bote" equivale a navegar, por tanto, yo usaría To sail.

Let´s sail (a long) the Amazon river.

Tienden tanto a concretar que si lo haces con un kayak usarían ese verbo concreto "To kayak" o quizá la actividad "kayaking".

Porque recorrer lo puedes hacer a pie, en coche, en barco, ... o cualquier otro medio de locomoción.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >