Rectoria (universidad)

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by tiredtranslator, Feb 28, 2009.

  1. tiredtranslator Senior Member

    Quintana Roo, Mexico
    English, U.S.
    This is a rather easy one that I should KNOW but I've drawn a blank. In Mexico the rector is the president? director? of the university and the governing body of the university is called a rectoria. Is there an equivalent for this kind of rectoria in English?
  2. GreenWhiteBlue

    GreenWhiteBlue Senior Member

    The City of New York
    USA - English
    To refer to one person, I would translate it as "the rector of the university". This is certainly not an unknown term in English; for example, one speaks of the Rector of the Pontifical North American College in Rome.
  3. jajajaja70 Member

    How about VICE RECTORIA???
  4. BocaJuniors

    BocaJuniors Senior Member

    NASA Space Center, Mississippi, USA.
    Spanish & English (parejos y por añales)
    Look up here, and scroll down to the paragraph titled "President and Chancellors," it might be of great help. Saludos, BJ.
  5. belegaer70 Member

    México City
    Spanish - México
    tiredtranslator, tengo entendido que el Director de una universidad es 'Principal'
  6. Tonguetwister Senior Member

    Menlo Park, CA
    USA English
    The administration. Ve esta página web. La administración está a cargo de todo asunto administrativo de la universidad, del manejo y dirección de la universidad.

    También hay el -board of trustees- son los que aconsjan a la administración. Es un conjunto de consejeros, sea directores externos, que tienen la suprema autoridad acerca de las póliticas. La junta directiva.

    Creo que rectoría tiene más en común con - the Administration-

Share This Page