recursos biofísicos

Nightyume

Mexico/Canada and English
The text deals with mining. The actual phrase is "...flujos asymmetricos de recursos biofísicos (trabajo, tierra, energía y materiales) que requiere el proceso de extracción..."

I have found "biophysical" but I am not sure "biophysical resources" is right in this context. I couldn't find that exact phrasing and biophysical itself throws up a lot of results in other fields. Within mining I could find "biophysical approach" but not "resources."

Anyways, if anyone could confirm whether this is the right term or provide me with the correct one, I'd greatly appreciate it.

BTW, the article in general has to do with social metabolism if that changes anything.

Thanks in advance.

• elroy

Moderator: EHL, Arabic, Hebrew, German(-Spanish)
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Here is an abstract of an academic article that uses "biophysical resources" in the same way as it's used in your sentence:

The surging human use of biophysical resources (materials, energy) results from the pursuit of social and economic goals, while driving global environmental change.

I think it's the right term. It's not specific to mining, and the fact that you haven't found it used in mining contexts isn't an issue.

Nightyume

Mexico/Canada and English
    Here is an abstract of an academic article that uses "biophysical resources" in the same way as it's used in your sentence:

The surging human use of biophysical resources (materials, energy) results from the pursuit of social and economic goals, while driving global environmental change.

I think it's the right term. It's not specific to mining, and the fact that you haven't found it used in mining contexts isn't an issue.
    Thanks =)