reducción de riesgo de desastre tanto a nivel internacional, nacional y local.

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by robueso, May 11, 2006.

1. robueso Member

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
    Spanish-Guatemala C.A.
    Cómo se traduce esta frase en Inglés? Reduction of the disaster risk at an international, national, as well as local levels?

2. Ceci_Isa Senior Member

Castellano
    Hola:

Yo pondría "level" en singular. En todo caso si vas a usar el plural, no puede estar el artículo "an".

3. robueso Member

Tegucigalpa, Honduras
    Spanish-Guatemala C.A.
    Gracias Ceci, perdon que hasta ahora te conteste. Algún americano que de su opinión será bienvenido.

4. mariachiz

mariachiz Senior Member

Tegucigalpa
    English/Spanish, Honduras
    Reduction of the risk of disasters at international, national, and local levels

5. gdmarcus Senior Member

California, USA
    English, USA
    I would probably say it the way Mariachiz phrased it: "Reduction of the risk of disaster at international, national and local levels."

However, if you want to include the words "as well as", I would word the sentance in one of the following three ways. I think one would only use the plural of level in the third case.

Reduction of the disaster risk at the international and national level, as well as at the local level.
    Reduction of the disaster risk at an international and national level, as well as at a local level.
    Reduction of the disaster risk at international and national, as well as local levels.